Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 clean sheets in 11 games 11:26 - Nov 12 with 2557 viewschicoazul

Maybe time for Walton to come in? Hladky has been very good but maybe Waltons presence will somehow relax the defence and shore things up?
Apart from that this is good innit. I don’t know about you but I’d forgotten how all this feels.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

2 clean sheets in 11 games on 21:12 - Nov 12 with 275 viewsFrimleyBlue

2 clean sheets in 11 games on 14:15 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

Only I am brave enough to ask the questions that need asking.

Only you?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

2 clean sheets in 11 games on 21:27 - Nov 12 with 250 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If Hladky was as good on crosses as Walton then he would already be a Prem goalkeeper.

Would Walton have dealt better with some of the crosses that led to Hladky conceding? Possibly.

Does that outweigh the facts that:

We are top of the League with Hladky in goal?

Hladky has made many very good saves already this season?

Hladky is exceptionally good at drawing on the press from opposition attackers, enabling us to break decisively?

No, it doesn't. If we had lost 5 in a row, and Hladky had made some right clangers, then, yes. As it is we are on a run of form that is beyond our wildest dreams, Hladky has made many more great saves than he has made mistakes, and he is integral to our style of football which is proving both effective and entertaining.

Walton was part of the reason that this run of great form started, so your question isn't as ridiculous as some are making out, but he will completely understand that Hladky has made the position his own right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024