Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day 14:37 - Nov 9 with 2031 viewsKeno

that will fight for evermore because of?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:43 - Nov 9 with 1979 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wasn't it something to do with always playing nodge on boxing day in the 70's?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:43 - Nov 9 with 1991 viewsChaplinsLob

Something to do with running out of red wine in the boardroom?
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:45 - Nov 9 with 1966 viewshomer_123

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:43 - Nov 9 by ChaplinsLob

Something to do with running out of red wine in the boardroom?

Oddly not a million miles away. Twas called Boxing day as the rich boxed up gifts to give to the poor.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:47 - Nov 9 with 1947 viewsKitman

Fighting to get out of the way of people in the crowd breaking wind due to over indulging the day before!

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:48 - Nov 9 with 1944 viewsBigCommon

Boxing Day is a euphemism for "Derby Day"...
Traditionally, fixtures over the Christmas and Easter periods were kept local. For obvious reasons...... Everyone was off work, including most of the train and bus drivers...
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:49 - Nov 9 with 1934 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sky rearranged our fixture, there was a massive standoff and we stuck it up 'em! Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:58 - Nov 9 with 1881 viewsBlueBoots

The Boxing Day was 1979 at Carrow Road - came back from 2-1 down at half-time to draw 3-3. What happened was Terry Butcher called Martin Peters an old fossil in the tunnel, so he grabbed his walking stick from the dressing room and tried to brain terry with it...

Disclaimer: May not have actually happened.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 15:10 - Nov 9 with 1795 viewsColin_Viljoen

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 14:58 - Nov 9 by BlueBoots

The Boxing Day was 1979 at Carrow Road - came back from 2-1 down at half-time to draw 3-3. What happened was Terry Butcher called Martin Peters an old fossil in the tunnel, so he grabbed his walking stick from the dressing room and tried to brain terry with it...

Disclaimer: May not have actually happened.

Maybe we are singing it wrong..... should be....

We will fight for evermore
just like Boxing Day!
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 15:39 - Nov 9 with 1682 viewsbazza

Sheffield Wednesday claim that song as their own, because of the Boxing Day massacre..?
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 16:12 - Nov 9 with 1552 viewsyorkshireblue

There are very few original chants in football - and this is obviously sung by most clubs and down the country. I don't know why we don't follow the lead of some of them and swap 'Boxing Day' for 'Derby Day'.
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 16:14 - Nov 9 with 1536 viewspeterleeblue

Town 2 Scum 3 1982

Absolutely ruined my Christmas
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 16:29 - Nov 9 with 1444 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

This isn't a Town song, it refers to the old days when local clubs would play each other on boxing day, and the fight, was the fight to get to and from the games which was caused by bus and train drivers also being off work. Now we have Sky to muck fixtures about!
Does anyone actually know what happened on what Boxing Day on 17:04 - Nov 9 with 1335 viewsBluespeed225

First time I heard the song was by Spurs, down here pre Christmas 79’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024