Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somebody has to say it .... 21:46 - Nov 4 with 2666 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hirst keeps being caught offside. Definite room for improvement.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Somebody has to say it .... on 21:50 - Nov 4 with 2621 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it just me who has felt this has been something that's happened more recently..
Perhaps KM is upping his development and trying to get him playing off the shoulder at times aswell as usual deeper self... I must say I hadn't noticed him off side much until the last couple.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Somebody has to say it .... on 21:53 - Nov 4 with 2602 viewsSheffordBlue

He was getting very little help from the ref today - when he stayed closer to his CB he was being consistently held and often gets given very little. Think the offsides were trying to get away from that a bit.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Somebody has to say it .... on 21:57 - Nov 4 with 2566 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somebody has to say it .... on 21:50 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

Is it just me who has felt this has been something that's happened more recently..
Perhaps KM is upping his development and trying to get him playing off the shoulder at times aswell as usual deeper self... I must say I hadn't noticed him off side much until the last couple.

It has been noticeable to all of us in the slipper gang in the Cobbold stand for a good while now!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Somebody has to say it .... on 22:01 - Nov 4 with 2535 viewsIllinoisblue

Yeah that was not good. He, Chappers and Broadhead were all way below their usual standards. As was Luonogo.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Somebody has to say it .... on 22:06 - Nov 4 with 2490 viewsArnieM

Westlake spoke about the role Hirst has been asked to play and how he’s “ occupying” both CB’s and taking them out of the game … you need to watch the Town tv pre match discussion.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Somebody has to say it .... on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 2440 viewsFixed_It

Somebody has to say it .... on 21:53 - Nov 4 by SheffordBlue

He was getting very little help from the ref today - when he stayed closer to his CB he was being consistently held and often gets given very little. Think the offsides were trying to get away from that a bit.

It's amazing how little he gets from refs generally.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Somebody has to say it .... on 22:53 - Nov 4 with 2239 viewsBigCommon

Fine lines, depends how organised a defence he's up against, and/or when the ball is released..... Scored a great goal last week when Leif released the ball correctly, and George timed his movement perfectly.... Has to be nigh on perfect to come off..
Somebody has to say it .... on 22:59 - Nov 4 with 2209 viewsCrayonKing

Somebody has to say it .... on 22:06 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

Westlake spoke about the role Hirst has been asked to play and how he’s “ occupying” both CB’s and taking them out of the game … you need to watch the Town tv pre match discussion.

I was going to say the same thing myself. General gist was that by standing behind the centre backs they're never quite sure where he is so don't feel comfortable stepping out to press our no 10s, leaving them more space. The flip side of course is that by starting in that position he's often caught offside. It was a very insightful bit of punditry covering our whole attacking set-up and well worth a watch.
Login to get fewer ads

Somebody has to say it .... on 23:39 - Nov 4 with 2062 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

He was off 3 times. To my eyes, 1 no excuses, 1 thought the pass should have played quicker, 1 looked on (as well as you can tell from behind the goal, thought Chapers had strayed on that occasion but the Lino flagged even tho it fell to Hirst.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Somebody has to say it .... on 04:29 - Nov 5 with 1871 viewsGavTWTD

Somebody has to say it .... on 22:06 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

Westlake is an excellent pundit. What else is he doing? Coaching somewhere I hope.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Somebody has to say it .... on 05:35 - Nov 5 with 1813 viewsibbleobble

Bonne’s been brought in to help with the coaching.
Somebody has to say it .... on 06:22 - Nov 5 with 1780 viewsMuncher

Somebody has to say it .... on 04:29 - Nov 5 by GavTWTD

Westlake is an excellent pundit. What else is he doing? Coaching somewhere I hope.

He’s started coaching the girls academy sides recently.
Somebody has to say it .... on 07:11 - Nov 5 with 1711 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Somebody has to say it .... on 04:29 - Nov 5 by GavTWTD

Agree, I think he is one of the best pundits/commentators i've seen in football recently. He can see tactical changes, talks just the right amount and is witty at times. Plus he got extra marks last week:

Commentator: " ... and it looks like it's gone in off former Norwich man, Mumba".

Westlake: "<irony mode on> Oh, what a shame. <irony mode off>"
Somebody has to say it .... on 07:23 - Nov 5 with 1682 viewsblueislander

Somebody has to say it .... on 23:39 - Nov 4 by WestStanderLaLaLa

He was off 3 times. To my eyes, 1 no excuses, 1 thought the pass should have played quicker, 1 looked on (as well as you can tell from behind the goal, thought Chapers had strayed on that occasion but the Lino flagged even tho it fell to Hirst.

I think it fair that in some cases the ball needs to be played more quickly. The passer should be looking for him to start his runs.
Somebody has to say it .... on 07:55 - Nov 5 with 1595 viewsScuzzer

Quite often he seems to amble back after an attack which leaves him caught by the lino coming back from an offside position. He'll get it coached out of him given time.

Established 1968

Somebody has to say it .... on 08:08 - Nov 5 with 1564 viewstextbackup

Unsure if you saw TownTV pre match, westlake touched on Hirsts positioning, and playing in that position he’s purposely in that area

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Somebody has to say it .... on 08:33 - Nov 5 with 1432 viewsStevieH

Just before their second goal yesterday, Hirst went up for , and won , a header about six yards out. He headed it back as if looking for someone, but the ball was cleared and they went upfield and scored.
From where I was standing it looked like a clear opportunity and he should have headed for goal. It seemed like a great chance…….
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 8:36]
Somebody has to say it .... on 10:31 - Nov 5 with 1240 viewsEireannach_gorm

Somebody has to say it .... on 05:35 - Nov 5 by ibbleobble

Bonne’s been brought in to help with the coaching.

He is no Bonne.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024