Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loving the big williams tackles (n/t) 09:00 - Oct 29 with 702 viewswaspsforever1

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:21 - Oct 29 with 665 viewsDarth_Koont

Me too. Some absolute beauties yesterday. And overall he did so much to shore up the right side and let Hutchinson keep high and wide, while also getting up and down in support and covering behind the CBs.

The lunge for the booking when the Plymouth player was moving away from the danger zone was a mistake. But it’s such a strong, instinctive part of his game that it must be hard to turn that off.

He’s spoilt us now as I no longer want an Ipswich team without him. Another reason to get promoted as then presumably we could afford him/be able to tempt him.

Pronouns: He/Him

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:25 - Oct 29 with 647 viewsFrimleyBlue

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:21 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

Me too. Some absolute beauties yesterday. And overall he did so much to shore up the right side and let Hutchinson keep high and wide, while also getting up and down in support and covering behind the CBs.

The lunge for the booking when the Plymouth player was moving away from the danger zone was a mistake. But it’s such a strong, instinctive part of his game that it must be hard to turn that off.

He’s spoilt us now as I no longer want an Ipswich team without him. Another reason to get promoted as then presumably we could afford him/be able to tempt him.

Also.. that was only his 5th 90 minute game for town.

For someone who spent a year out we've far seen him at his best yet.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:27 - Oct 29 with 637 viewsHerbivore

Big willy style.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 29 with 620 viewsnorfsufblue

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:21 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

Imo our best chance of getting him is to go all in with a proper bid in January... carry on this fom till the end of the season and the bigger fish in the Premier League will be fishing around for him.... I suspect January he will still be relatively under the radar but there's no doubt it would still be a bold move..

No one really epitomises the ..
Running towards advertisy more than he at the moment!
loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:49 - Oct 29 with 582 viewsDarth_Koont

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 29 by norfsufblue

Imo our best chance of getting him is to go all in with a proper bid in January... carry on this fom till the end of the season and the bigger fish in the Premier League will be fishing around for him.... I suspect January he will still be relatively under the radar but there's no doubt it would still be a bold move..

No one really epitomises the ..
Running towards advertisy more than he at the moment!

I think wages will be the biggest problem unless we get promoted. But who knows? I’m not sure Williams is going to get many better opportunities to develop his career than with us and McKenna, but that’s also dependent on us getting promoted too.

So I think we’ll have to wait until the summer when that’s hopefully confirmed. Then we could really put a proper deal in front of him, both financially and in football terms.

Of course, Man U or another top-half Prem side may well have other ideas. He’d be very useful and a fan/manager favourite who can set the tempo for lots of clubs. Like Andy Robertson does/did for Klopp and Liverpool.

Pronouns: He/Him

loving the big williams tackles (n/t) on 09:56 - Oct 29 with 566 viewsGuthrum

Yes and no. He has to be a bit careful, not become too hot-headed.

Start getting yellow card suspensions (he has three yellows already) or overcooking/mistiming it and being sent off, that will become a liability. Especially if he gets a reputation - refs start to pre-judge and opposition players set out to get him booked.

They make a statement, but also carry a risk. Quite apart from the fact that the need for dramatic tackles is because the defence has got itself wrong-footed and the opposition broken through.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024