Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just me who thought we played pretty well? 18:18 - Oct 28 with 897 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Obviously high standards this season as we have been so good.

Plymouth were good, pressed well, looked to isolate Edmundson with Bundu. But over the course of the game I thought we were the dominant side, pushing the pace, won loads of corners, plenty of shots, another high Xg.

This is a tight league, almost every game each weekend seems to be a tight affair. But I thought we thoroughly deserved to win that game, even not at our best. We just have to stay brave. We play our best when we are.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 18:18]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 819 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Yes, nothing less than a 6.5/10 for me.

Wasn't one of those games where you get battered and fluke a win. We got the rub with the penalty shout as although it looks like he may not of touched him.. 'live' you see those given all the time.

Schumacher did a good job on us last season, and we didn't beat them. Take this and move on all day long.

This team has shown it can come back from early setbacks, not something you can say of Town teams in the recent past.
Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 18:33 - Oct 28 with 797 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

First half an hour we were bang average, after that the better team, but made a meal of it in injury time by faffing about. We got tired around 70 as well so a few were flagging before the changes.
Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 18:37 - Oct 28 with 778 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 18:31 - Oct 28 by burnbudgiesburn

Yes, nothing less than a 6.5/10 for me.

Wasn't one of those games where you get battered and fluke a win. We got the rub with the penalty shout as although it looks like he may not of touched him.. 'live' you see those given all the time.

Schumacher did a good job on us last season, and we didn't beat them. Take this and move on all day long.

This team has shown it can come back from early setbacks, not something you can say of Town teams in the recent past.

Fairly similar to Bristol for me. In terms of the flow of the game.

We got a bit deep at times. But certainly the team that most deserved to win

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 18:39 - Oct 28 with 763 viewsBloomBlue

Thought the real problems today 1) we failed with basic things, ie giving the ball away too frequently even when it only required a simple short pass 2) Plymouth kept central midfield pinned in the middle and we never got the ball out wide quickly enough.

I will also add I thought the first goal gave Plymouth a lot of extra confidence. If that Hirst tap had gone over the line and we had scored first, you would see a different game.
Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 18:48 - Oct 28 with 700 viewsGeoffSentence

Plymouth were clearly up for it and were throwing themselves into everything at te back. At times it seemed their goal was living a charmed life.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just me who thought we played pretty well? on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 611 viewsMK1

I understand that people are going to pick holes at times, but for me, this season is a journey of enjoyment after the 3 nothing seasons and promotion in league 1. I am really not thinking about personnel, formation, tactics etc. I am just enjoying the ride. None of us truly believed we would be where we are right now, so I am trusting in KM and his team to make this the most pleasurable season for a very, very long time. I get it, but just enjoy it for what it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024