Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently 09:30 - Oct 25 with 4175 viewsle2blue

Does he actually live in the town or visit? He constantly talks down the place and whilst, like every town, there is work to do to improve, surely that starts with being positive and creating an inclusive environment, not this xenophobic rubbish...

He should take note of the fantastic work of our marvellous community-focused and inclusive football club which we can all be proud of, the contrast is quite stark.

Look forward to the good people of Ipswich having a local resident (edit, as in physically living there!) person representing them and being proud of the town.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 10:23]
The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 16:16 - Oct 25 with 641 viewstextbackup

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 14:39 - Oct 25 by thebooks

Don’t really think it is “full of groups of ‘foreigners’”, at least not in my experience. There’s the odd pick-up point for factory workers. There are quite a few Portugese cafés and shops too, I guess.

I’m not sure why you find families walking en masse intimidating, but there you go.

But at the end of the day, so what if certain groups are or aren’t using town centres? I don’t need some over-privileged fascist blaming the country’s problems on a bunch of asylum seekers in a hotel, or the fact town centres aren’t used by everyone all the time, when it’s his government who have merrily overseen the destruction the the housing and health systems 🤷‍♂️

You’ll see I don’t mention the families intimidating either.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 16:23 - Oct 25 with 623 viewstextbackup

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 15:05 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

From what texters says I probably go into Ipswich town centre as often as he does and I have to say I don't really recognise his description of it. At best it's exaggerated. Like many similar size towns it is very run down, lots of empty shops and the feeling of a high street that is dying. That's nothing to do with furreners though, it's people shopping online and the growth of out of town retail parks. I've been to Ipswich with friends as well as on my own and none of us has really noticed Ipswich being exceptional in terms of furreners wandering around talking furren. In fact it's still not all that diverse compared to a lot of places.

I don't doubt there are some groups of men who some might find intimidating, groups of men can be intimidating whatever language they speak (again though not seen anything out of the ordinary myself in this regard). I struggle a bit more with the idea that a family walking around speaking to each other in their native language is all that problematic. I don't really understand that. I also think both Hunt's and texters' descriptions of Ipswich are deliberately hyperbolic based on my own (and others) experiences of it.

You’re correct, it was exaggerated, I end up in town far more often than just match days.

Head up here on a warm summers days when the fountains on the cornhill turn into mass washing arena. Smart that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 17:12 - Oct 25 with 534 viewsHerbivore

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 16:23 - Oct 25 by textbackup

You’re correct, it was exaggerated, I end up in town far more often than just match days.

Head up here on a warm summers days when the fountains on the cornhill turn into mass washing arena. Smart that

I was up there on a warm summer's day towards the end of June when it was tipping 30 degrees and was at the Cornhill. I didn't see what you're describing, nobody washing themselves or anything else, and I was there for about 4 or 5 hours. Perhaps I was just lucky/unlucky.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 18:52 - Oct 25 with 446 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The xenophobic MP for Ipswich rarely hears English in the town apparently on 16:23 - Oct 25 by textbackup

What next Texters?

The local council turned you into a newt?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024