Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today 13:35 - Oct 20 with 3437 viewsbluelagos

Fine effort in the superfan status but I note the stadium has a roof, so you'll not be joining the hardcore who stood on the open Oldham terrace in torrential rain in the early 90s and saw us lose 4-0...

TRWTD - anyone else remember it?

(Safe traveling people)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:44 - Oct 20 with 2726 viewsStokieBlue

Around the same time there was a match at Swindon with the open terrace which was biblical.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:53 - Oct 20 with 2692 viewsbluelagos

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:44 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Around the same time there was a match at Swindon with the open terrace which was biblical.

SB

Today's younguns don't even know they are born.

*Sorry - just providing some balance to the left bum fest that is TWTD these days.

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:57 - Oct 20 with 2658 viewsgarygboltonblue

Or Stockport away , but a least we won 1-0
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:00 - Oct 20 with 2635 viewsbluelagos

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:57 - Oct 20 by garygboltonblue

Got thrown head first down a flight of stairs by a bouncer in a Stockport nightclub back in the day.

These days they are even DRB checked ffs...

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:06 - Oct 20 with 2588 viewsParisBlue

Sunderland (a) April 92.

Only finished drying out last week.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:08 - Oct 20 with 2567 viewshoppy

There was also an open terrace at the Manor Ground, Oxford one year, that I remember getting absolutely drenched through to the skin on, but can't remember which year that was.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:08 - Oct 20 with 2554 viewswoodbridge_blue

Or Port Vale away on New Year's Day 1990, in the pouring rain, watching a 0-5 thrashing.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:18 - Oct 20 with 2477 viewsDanTheMan

I can't remember if it was Ipswich I was watching but I watched MK Dons play someone when they were at the old hockey stadium. Certainly felt like it was hammering it down, was bloody drenched.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:20 - Oct 20 with 2457 viewsMK1

Watford away was always open. Got drenched a few times over there.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:21 - Oct 20 with 2450 viewsEatonBlue

Or QPR away 1967-68 - open terrace, torrential rain and lost 1-0 to a Rodney Marsh goal.
Or Palace away in the same season when I got all the way to the ground in heavy rain and it was a late postponement.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 16:38]
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:29 - Oct 20 with 2404 viewsEastTownBlue

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:08 - Oct 20 by woodbridge_blue

Or Port Vale away on New Year's Day 1990, in the pouring rain, watching a 0-5 thrashing.

Confirmed by John Wark that one or two drinks were consumed the previous evening.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:33 - Oct 20 with 2385 viewsbluelagos

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:20 - Oct 20 by MK1

Watford away was always open. Got drenched a few times over there.

Was it Watford or Cambridge where we entered the away end via a group of allotments? Had been pssing it down and was basically a quagmire (Mid/late 80s)

Not too dissimilar for the Cup game last year at Bracknall last year tbf, plenty of fans with mud on their pristine white trainers :-)

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:48 - Oct 20 with 2319 viewsIllinoisblue

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:33 - Oct 20 by bluelagos

Was it Watford or Cambridge where we entered the away end via a group of allotments? Had been pssing it down and was basically a quagmire (Mid/late 80s)

Not too dissimilar for the Cup game last year at Bracknall last year tbf, plenty of fans with mud on their pristine white trainers :-)

Watford had the allotment end

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:52 - Oct 20 with 2286 viewsSteve_M

Two cracking saves from Richard Wright and Kieron running through and chipping the keeper for the goal made that very worthwhile.

Play-off semi final at Bramall Lane was very wet too, wasn't much cover in the lower tier.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:24 - Oct 20 with 2122 viewsbrogansnose

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:08 - Oct 20 by hoppy

There was also an open terrace at the Manor Ground, Oxford one year, that I remember getting absolutely drenched through to the skin on, but can't remember which year that was.

Gillingham away last time standing on that scaffold thing in the rain.At least we won 4 nil.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:28 - Oct 20 with 2093 viewsgarygboltonblue

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:52 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

Two cracking saves from Richard Wright and Kieron running through and chipping the keeper for the goal made that very worthwhile.

Play-off semi final at Bramall Lane was very wet too, wasn't much cover in the lower tier.

Sheepy came and had a chat before the match
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 2066 viewsdurhamj

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:08 - Oct 20 by woodbridge_blue

Yeah, was at that one in my youth, bloody freezing
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:39 - Oct 20 with 2010 viewssoupytwist

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:52 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

Was that the one when Micky Stockwell got the equaliser? Don't remember it being particularly wet but it was a long time ago.
Can confirm it currently is very wet in the Bramall Lane area as my son's at university in Sheffield and lives approx. 100 metres from the ground.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:39 - Oct 20 with 2010 viewsredrickstuhaart

The only proper conclusion to this thread requires reference to Portsmouth in late 80s early 90s. The game was stopped because the rain was so hard players could not see if facing into it.

We sheltered behind a three foot wall at the front of the terrace and huddled around lighters for warmth.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:40 - Oct 20 with 1997 viewsSteve_M

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:24 - Oct 20 by brogansnose

Gillingham away last time standing on that scaffold thing in the rain.At least we won 4 nil.

Oh yeah, thinking through matches where I had gotten soaked and forgot the one a year and a half ago.

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:45 - Oct 20 with 1960 viewsbraveblue

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:44 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

SB

I remember that one. Freezing!!
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:50 - Oct 20 with 1905 viewsbluelagos

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:39 - Oct 20 by redrickstuhaart

The only proper conclusion to this thread requires reference to Portsmouth in late 80s early 90s. The game was stopped because the rain was so hard players could not see if facing into it.

We sheltered behind a three foot wall at the front of the terrace and huddled around lighters for warmth.

Huddled around lighters

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 16:01 - Oct 20 with 1819 viewsRyorry

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:06 - Oct 20 by ParisBlue

Sunderland (a) April 92.

Only finished drying out last week.

Pah, a cushy number that, compared with Grimsby away on an open terrace at night in a biblically lashing deluge watching us get carved open by Steve Kabba 0-3, & dear old George Burley was gone next day

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 16:07 - Oct 20 with 1779 viewsSteve_M

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 15:39 - Oct 20 by soupytwist

Was that the one when Micky Stockwell got the equaliser? Don't remember it being particularly wet but it was a long time ago.
Can confirm it currently is very wet in the Bramall Lane area as my son's at university in Sheffield and lives approx. 100 metres from the ground.

Yeah, was wet before the match and for most of the first half. I just remember being soaked, 1-0 down and still non-stop singing from Town fans.

There's now way that was 26 years ago....

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 20:16 - Oct 20 with 1578 viewsCrawfordsboot

Terrace at Oldham you were lucky
One year I watched a game at Fulham from the bottom of the Thames via periscope. Bloody near froze to death.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024