Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today 13:35 - Oct 20 with 3479 viewsbluelagos

Fine effort in the superfan status but I note the stadium has a roof, so you'll not be joining the hardcore who stood on the open Oldham terrace in torrential rain in the early 90s and saw us lose 4-0...

TRWTD - anyone else remember it?

(Safe traveling people)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 20:45 - Oct 20 with 637 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 20:16 - Oct 20 by Crawfordsboot

Terrace at Oldham you were lucky
One year I watched a game at Fulham from the bottom of the Thames via periscope. Bloody near froze to death.

Found it. Never been so wet in my life.

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 557 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 13:44 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Around the same time there was a match at Swindon with the open terrace which was biblical.

SB

I was at that one. I can't remember which result that was, but I saw us there I think three seasons in a row from 89 and each time was miserable. I don't think I saw us win and we got thumped once. Glenn Hoddle was player manager for 91-92 (I went twice that year, for us and Watford).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 16:30 - Oct 22 with 509 viewsgainsboroughblue

There was some real biblical weather in that 89-90 season. Oldham as in the OP, was horrendous. Not helped by seeing us collapse to a 4-1 defeat on the plastic.

I also recall Port Vale NYD 0-5 and Pompey which was interrupted for 10 mins due to hailstones the size of golf balls and a swirling wind. At least we won that Pompey game, and several of us got even wetter by falling to the ground in the limbs at Dozzell's winner.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 17:17 - Oct 22 with 475 viewsBluespeed225

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 14:33 - Oct 20 by bluelagos

Was it Watford or Cambridge where we entered the away end via a group of allotments? Had been pssing it down and was basically a quagmire (Mid/late 80s)

Not too dissimilar for the Cup game last year at Bracknall last year tbf, plenty of fans with mud on their pristine white trainers :-)

Milk Cup 86'.
Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 17:19 - Oct 22 with 471 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hats off to those going to Rotherham today on 16:30 - Oct 22 by gainsboroughblue

There was some real biblical weather in that 89-90 season. Oldham as in the OP, was horrendous. Not helped by seeing us collapse to a 4-1 defeat on the plastic.

I also recall Port Vale NYD 0-5 and Pompey which was interrupted for 10 mins due to hailstones the size of golf balls and a swirling wind. At least we won that Pompey game, and several of us got even wetter by falling to the ground in the limbs at Dozzell's winner.

Personally I ran up and down the terrace, without falling over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024