Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
South Yorkshire Update 09:03 - Oct 20 with 2828 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’m about to leave for Manchester airport so I’m missing the game unfortunately but up here right now the weather is as wet as everyone was anticipating. Step Son’s Dad has just dropped him back off here (South Sheffield ) stating there are road closures and traffic backing up all over the place

If it’s on it’ll be lucky and if it is , safe travels

Off to Egypt myself

COYFB

Poll: If it were one or the other

South Yorkshire Update on 09:09 - Oct 20 with 2746 viewskeighleyblue

Thanks, must be worse in south of the region as here in West Yorks it's very windy but rain is easing.

Nothing posted on Millers website suggesting any disruption to tonight's game.
South Yorkshire Update on 09:12 - Oct 20 with 2700 viewsGuthrum

South Yorkshire Update on 09:09 - Oct 20 by keighleyblue

Thanks, must be worse in south of the region as here in West Yorks it's very windy but rain is easing.

Fog worked last season, so perhaps they're hoping rain will do the same for them?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

South Yorkshire Update on 09:14 - Oct 20 with 2686 viewsRyorry

South Yorkshire Update on 09:09 - Oct 20 by keighleyblue

It’s drenching down (well sideways actually) on a 40mph wind here in North Yorkshire.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 9:15]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

South Yorkshire Update on 09:38 - Oct 20 with 2540 viewsPlums

South Yorkshire Update on 09:14 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

It’s drenching down (well sideways actually) on a 40mph wind here in North Yorkshire.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 9:15]

It's absolutely hammering it down here in Nottingham too. Our club has already called tomorrow's games off due to standing water.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

South Yorkshire Update on 09:55 - Oct 20 with 2428 viewsMetal_Hacker

Roads right now are grim

South Yorkshire Update on 09:56 - Oct 20 with 2401 viewsHalf_Idiot

Also in South Sheffield and can confirm it is very wet!

Forecast doesn't suggest it stopping or even calming down. Hopefully Millers have good grounds staff otherwise I can't see it going ahead.
South Yorkshire Update on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 2275 viewsWeWereZombies

Whereabouts in Egypt (roughly, don't be giving specifics out on here), I was there in 2004 and have often thought about going back.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

South Yorkshire Update on 10:35 - Oct 20 with 2196 viewsMetal_Hacker

South Yorkshire Update on 10:22 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

Whereabouts in Egypt (roughly, don't be giving specifics out on here), I was there in 2004 and have often thought about going back.

Hurghada area. Never been before but we shall see

Login to get fewer ads

South Yorkshire Update on 10:40 - Oct 20 with 2174 viewsWeWereZombies

South Yorkshire Update on 10:35 - Oct 20 by Metal_Hacker

Went through there late one evening after we got off the hydrofoil from Sharm El-Sheikh and waited for an overnight bus to Aswan. Excellent coffee in a place by the bus station called Yemeni Café, have wished I had bought a large pack of freshly ground ever since but, you know, full backpack and worried about extra weight.

South Yorkshire Update on 11:03 - Oct 20 with 2078 viewsRyorry

South Yorkshire Update on 09:38 - Oct 20 by Plums

It's absolutely hammering it down here in Nottingham too. Our club has already called tomorrow's games off due to standing water.

Upgrading to 'torrential' round here, as in an inch an hour mode.

I just love paying eyewatering council tax, only to then have to do the work myself that I'm paying them to, as they've ignored pleas to clear ditches and drains for 3 or 4 years now ...

My 2 hours ditching & drain-clearing yesterday on the public road above the house is paying off so far though, no river of water (yet) running down the drive & into garden/basement house. If this rate carries on though, the ditches & drains could be overwhelmed.

One car came round a blind corner at about 40mph & nearly knocked into me (who was positioned correctly as close as poss to RH side of narrow country lane), so if tonight's game does go ahead I'll count myself lucky to be able to know the result, whatever it is!

South Yorkshire Update on 11:15 - Oct 20 with 2007 viewsburnbudgiesburn

South Yorkshire Update on 11:03 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

I just love paying eyewatering council tax, only to then have to do the work myself that I'm paying them to, as they've ignored pleas to clear ditches and drains for 3 or 4 years now ...

My 2 hours ditching & drain-clearing yesterday on the public road above the house is paying off so far though, no river of water (yet) running down the drive & into garden/basement house. If this rate carries on though, the ditches & drains could be overwhelmed.

One car came round a blind corner at about 40mph & nearly knocked into me (who was positioned correctly as close as poss to RH side of narrow country lane), so if tonight's game does go ahead I'll count myself lucky to be able to know the result, whatever it is!

There's a guy on youtube who makes a living videoing himself doing that!
South Yorkshire Update on 11:18 - Oct 20 with 1984 viewsRyorry

South Yorkshire Update on 11:15 - Oct 20 by burnbudgiesburn

There's a guy on youtube who makes a living videoing himself doing that!

The digging, the nearly being knocked down, or doing the nearly knocking down?!

South Yorkshire Update on 11:20 - Oct 20 with 1966 viewsWeWereZombies

South Yorkshire Update on 11:18 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

The digging, the nearly being knocked down, or doing the nearly knocking down?!

Anyway, glad to see that your back problems seem to have improved...

South Yorkshire Update on 11:29 - Oct 20 with 1899 viewsRyorry

South Yorkshire Update on 11:20 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

Anyway, glad to see that your back problems seem to have improved...

It has somewhat, thanks (no thanks to the pup who decided to give himself another enema/colonic irrigation treatment last weekend with lord knows what material); but it's still at that "on the edge"" stage where I need to be careful. Digging isn't as bad an activity for it as having to bend right down to the ground to clear up though.

South Yorkshire Update on 11:41 - Oct 20 with 1836 viewsronnyd

South Yorkshire Update on 11:03 - Oct 20 by Ryorry

Loads of drivers around here in IP3 drive with scant regard for the actual road conditions.
South Yorkshire Update on 12:20 - Oct 20 with 1692 viewsPinewoodblue

This site works well if you are looking for flood warnings,

https://riverlevels.uk/flood-warning-river-don-at-rotherham-main-street-centenar

As you can the stadium is within a designated flood warning area but there no current flood warning/ alert.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

South Yorkshire Update on 13:05 - Oct 20 with 1472 viewsburnbudgiesburn

South Yorkshire Update on 13:09 - Oct 20 with 1434 viewsPlums

South Yorkshire Update on 13:05 - Oct 20 by burnbudgiesburn

That can't be 1:45 today...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

South Yorkshire Update on 13:11 - Oct 20 with 1417 viewsnorth_stand77

South Yorkshire Update on 10:35 - Oct 20 by Metal_Hacker

Have been to Egypt and flown in to Hurghada many times over the years. Always stayed just up the road at El Gouna, beautiful place. Lots of kite surfing etc at Mangroovy beach and Jobos sports bar in Downtown El Gouna (that's where my ITFC framed shirt is , splendidly displayed on the wall ) if you fancy a day trip out. AlsoThe Marina there has lots of restaurants etc. ....and hundreds of very big boats.

Hurghada is a bit different but has some good hotels too I think.....and an 'interesting' market,

Hope you have a good time, wish I was there!
South Yorkshire Update on 13:11 - Oct 20 with 1412 viewsburnbudgiesburn

South Yorkshire Update on 13:09 - Oct 20 by Plums

That can't be 1:45 today...

typo, he meant 12.45
South Yorkshire Update on 13:33 - Oct 20 with 1300 viewsZx1988

South Yorkshire Update on 09:55 - Oct 20 by Metal_Hacker

Roads right now are grim

I dare say it would be a different scenario if the match wasn't being televised.

Sky will want it to go ahead at all costs. Similarly, I suppose they'll also have a greedy eye on increased Now TV revenue if accesses become flooded/difficult, and people decide to stay home and watch on the box.

Unless the pitch itself becomes unplayable, or the players can't get to the ground, I can't see it being called off.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024