Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate is just trolling us now.... 18:51 - Oct 17 with 6961 viewsBloots

....Henderson out, replaced by Phillips.

Clueless.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:55 - Oct 18 with 753 viewsKieran_Knows

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:49 - Oct 18 by TractorCam

This narrative is so boring. I invite you to look at the results of Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil and Spain over the last 5 years and compare.

Also whilst we have plenty of talent, on paper the "golden generation" of the mid 2000s was much better and did a lot worse under a highly reputable manager.

Ultimately though, your judged on tournaments aren't you? And you could argue the last 3 tournaments he's come up short on them, all whilst being in a great position.

People talk about the togetherness, but will that be remembered in 20 years when another generation has gone by and not won anything? I'm all for the squad not having cliques like the old days, but then again I'd prefer it if we won something.

My question is also, what top 10 (let alone top 6) Prem side would appoint Southgate? None would be my guess. I genuinely struggle to see what job he walks in to after the England gig.

Should've gone after last Xmas, with his head held relatively high (if you can even call it that), IMHO.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 12:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 13:06 - Oct 18 with 726 viewsitfcjoe

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:55 - Oct 18 by Kieran_Knows

Ultimately though, your judged on tournaments aren't you? And you could argue the last 3 tournaments he's come up short on them, all whilst being in a great position.

People talk about the togetherness, but will that be remembered in 20 years when another generation has gone by and not won anything? I'm all for the squad not having cliques like the old days, but then again I'd prefer it if we won something.

My question is also, what top 10 (let alone top 6) Prem side would appoint Southgate? None would be my guess. I genuinely struggle to see what job he walks in to after the England gig.

Should've gone after last Xmas, with his head held relatively high (if you can even call it that), IMHO.

If judged on tournaments he has effectively given us our best ever Euro's and our 2nd best WC (joint with italia 90).

So has outperformed every other manager bar Sir Alf Ramsey, who then subsequently left after failing to qualify for a World Cup.

I don't see what job he'd get after England as being important, why does it matter? They really are barely even comparable disciplines these days - which managers have had great success in international AND club game?

Tournaments swing on lucky moments, sometimes on the right side, sometimes not - the difference between winners and losers can be tiny - Italy win Euro 20202 but fail to qualify for 2 World Cups around them...Portugal win Euro 2016 despite not winning a game in 90 minutes on way to final.....when you look at the rankings, the metrics, and anything else - we've been a top 4 international side for 5 years now consistently, that may not win the tournaments but it means you have a chance in all of them and we'll go into the Euros as 2nd favourites.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 13:06 - Oct 18 with 722 viewsCheltenham_Blue

But you've failed to mention that we've been closer to winning something, under Southgate than at any time since Sir Alf, with the exception of 1990.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 13:13 - Oct 18 with 708 viewstractordownsouth

The Prem question is irrelevant because international and club football is completely different. Look at the last World Cup. Germany and Spain had treble winners in the dugout and had terrible tournaments. Argentina won it with a coach who’d never taken charge of a senior club game in his life.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:15]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 14:11 - Oct 18 with 677 viewsTractorCam

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 13:13 - Oct 18 by tractordownsouth

The Prem question is irrelevant because international and club football is completely different. Look at the last World Cup. Germany and Spain had treble winners in the dugout and had terrible tournaments. Argentina won it with a coach who’d never taken charge of a senior club game in his life.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:15]

Germany had the manager who won almost every game possible with Bayern Munich for 2 seasons, was sacked with a less than 50% win rate and a group stage World Cup exit.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 15:08 - Oct 18 with 659 viewsKropotkin123

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:35 - Oct 17 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I’m a really big fan of Trippier… in fact I think other than James he’s probably our best right back. (A larger debate I know) But it shows the complete lack of depth (or lack of players physically robust enough) that play at Left Back. Shaw & in particular Chilwell are made of cardboard and without following much PL I can’t think of many natural LBs, but shoehorning Trippier in doesn’t feel right at all

Davis at Ipswich is pretty good.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 15:31 - Oct 18 with 637 viewscressi

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 13:06 - Oct 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

But you've failed to mention that we've been closer to winning something, under Southgate than at any time since Sir Alf, with the exception of 1990.

But we haven't that's the long and short of it will we ever have a better opportunity that has gone.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 15:47 - Oct 18 with 617 viewsTractorCam

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 15:31 - Oct 18 by cressi

But we haven't that's the long and short of it will we ever have a better opportunity that has gone.

2004 and 2006 were better opportunities.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 16:03 - Oct 18 with 597 viewsrickw

I can see Southgate going to Crystal Palace after the Euro's

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024