Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate is just trolling us now.... 18:51 - Oct 17 with 6818 viewsBloots

....Henderson out, replaced by Phillips.

Clueless.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 18:57 - Oct 17 with 3956 viewsMattinLondon

One of Southgate’s strengths is that he’s created a strong team bond between players and replacing the big club divisions which existed prior to his appointment. His loyalty is also a weakness, slowing down his ability to dictate matches but instead reacting to the opposition.

Henderson and Phillips should be nowhere near to the England squad.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 18:57]
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:15 - Oct 17 with 3853 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Most successful England manager since Sir Alf.

Clueless.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

He's tactically inept.... on 19:17 - Oct 17 with 3848 viewsBloots

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 18:57 - Oct 17 by MattinLondon

One of Southgate’s strengths is that he’s created a strong team bond between players and replacing the big club divisions which existed prior to his appointment. His loyalty is also a weakness, slowing down his ability to dictate matches but instead reacting to the opposition.

....but got away with it to a certain degree in the past by largely picking the correct players.

Now he's getting that wrong too.

The average age of the starting 11 is over 28, not ideal at all.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:18 - Oct 17 with 3827 viewsMattinLondon

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:15 - Oct 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Clueless.

But should have won something. Was found out against both Croatia and Italy.
Yep, won nothing.... on 19:19 - Oct 17 with 3825 viewsBloots

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:15 - Oct 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Clueless.

....despite the quality of players at his disposal.

As you say, clueless.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

He's tactically inept.... on 19:20 - Oct 17 with 3815 viewspointofblue

He's tactically inept.... on 19:17 - Oct 17 by Bloots

....but got away with it to a certain degree in the past by largely picking the correct players.

In fairness, we're building for next summer. An average age of 28 is fine. If there isn't a slight refresh next September, for the World Cup qualifiers, then maybe something more can be said.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I thought we were building for last winter. (n/t) on 19:23 - Oct 17 with 3782 viewsBloots

He's tactically inept.... on 19:20 - Oct 17 by pointofblue

In fairness, we're building for next summer. An average age of 28 is fine. If there isn't a slight refresh next September, for the World Cup qualifiers, then maybe something more can be said.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

I thought we were building for last winter. (n/t) on 19:28 - Oct 17 with 3749 viewsMattinLondon

I thought we were building for last winter. (n/t) on 19:23 - Oct 17 by Bloots

Building for the future is just another excuse for accepting failure.
Login to get fewer ads

Yep, won nothing.... on 19:31 - Oct 17 with 3738 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Yep, won nothing.... on 19:19 - Oct 17 by Bloots

....despite the quality of players at his disposal.

As you say, clueless.

We’ve had ‘Better’ players available for most, if not all the previous managers before him who achieved the sum total of s0d all… I know that consistency isn’t “sexy” but this obsession with calling Southgate boring is in itself, incredibly tedious
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 19:35]
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:35 - Oct 17 with 3704 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I’m a really big fan of Trippier… in fact I think other than James he’s probably our best right back. (A larger debate I know) But it shows the complete lack of depth (or lack of players physically robust enough) that play at Left Back. Shaw & in particular Chilwell are made of cardboard and without following much PL I can’t think of many natural LBs, but shoehorning Trippier in doesn’t feel right at all
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:36 - Oct 17 with 3673 viewspointofblue

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:35 - Oct 17 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I’m a really big fan of Trippier… in fact I think other than James he’s probably our best right back. (A larger debate I know) But it shows the complete lack of depth (or lack of players physically robust enough) that play at Left Back. Shaw & in particular Chilwell are made of cardboard and without following much PL I can’t think of many natural LBs, but shoehorning Trippier in doesn’t feel right at all

Mitchell at Palace and Henry of Brentford are probably the next two. Burn (Newcastle) has played left back before but think he's more defensively minded. There is quite a drop off after Shaw and Chilwell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:38 - Oct 17 with 3662 views_clive_baker_

It's a strong team on the whole. I think if Saka's fit then he starts ahead of Rashford and a front 4 of Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham is a little bit naughty. With Grealish and Rashford off the bench. I like Rice as well, but do think we're 1 world class midfield partner for him away from being top tier. I don't reckon Phillips gets in many of the top sides, although I do see what he brings and hopefully gives Bellingham a lot more licence tonight than if he's in a midfield 2 with Rice.
He's tactically inept.... on 19:41 - Oct 17 with 3639 views_clive_baker_

He's tactically inept.... on 19:17 - Oct 17 by Bloots

I don't have a problem with that, 28 is a good age. We've been 'building' for tomorrow for as long as I can remember as an England football supporter. There comes a time when we need to remember that tomorrow never comes, stop obsessing about the future and equip ourselves for the here and now. Opportunities to win trophies in tournament football are few and far between. We should be single minded about the Euro's in Germany at this moment.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 20:03 - Oct 17 with 3559 viewsSitfcB

1-0 down and Phillips looks rusty as heck, 3 fouls in the first 8 mins, booked for the third.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 20:04 - Oct 17 with 3533 viewsblueasfook

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 20:03 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

1-0 down and Phillips looks rusty as heck, 3 fouls in the first 8 mins, booked for the third.

Clueless Sits..should have stuck with Hendo.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

He'll probably bring Henderson on at half time. (n/t) on 20:05 - Oct 17 with 3531 viewsBloots

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 20:05 - Oct 17 with 3531 viewsSaleAway

That goal had an itfc blueprint all over it. Sucked them in playing deep, played through the press, quick transition. Exactly what KMcK had been getting us doing.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 20:06 - Oct 17 with 3514 viewsbadadski

Same issues - no purpose to any of the their attacks - only team I know that can end up with the goal keep touching the ball within 5 seconds of attacking up the other end of the pitch repeatedly.
No sorry, read it four times and I can't decipher this at all on 20:54 - Oct 17 with 3369 viewsDyland

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 20:06 - Oct 17 by badadski

Same issues - no purpose to any of the their attacks - only team I know that can end up with the goal keep touching the ball within 5 seconds of attacking up the other end of the pitch repeatedly.

"Same issues - no purpose to any of the their attacks - only team I know that can end up with the goal keep touching the ball within 5 seconds of attacking up the other end of the pitch repeatedly."

Huh?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

He'll probably bring Henderson on at half time. (n/t) on 21:16 - Oct 17 with 3247 viewsSitfcB

He'll probably bring Henderson on at half time. (n/t) on 20:05 - Oct 17 by Bloots

Arf.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Football genius. (n/t) on 21:16 - Oct 17 with 3244 viewsBloots

He'll probably bring Henderson on at half time. (n/t) on 21:16 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

Arf.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Football genius. (n/t) on 21:21 - Oct 17 with 3211 viewstextbackup

Football genius. (n/t) on 21:16 - Oct 17 by Bloots

That England (also ITFC) fan on Twitter will be on there telling everyone they are sht fans for being anti Henderson, despite slating KJ at any chance he gets

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 21:46 - Oct 17 with 3128 viewsMillsey

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 18:57 - Oct 17 by MattinLondon

What’s the score 💪💪
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 21:51 - Oct 17 with 3091 viewsMattinLondon

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 21:46 - Oct 17 by Millsey

What’s the score 💪💪

3-1. I take it you don’t have the internet or a telly and therefore need to ask for the score.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 21:53]
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 21:53 - Oct 17 with 3081 viewsVic

Not one of your best posts Blooster.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024