Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? 21:51 - Sep 26 with 3614 viewsKieran_Knows

Think we’re going to be in the territory soon of simply putting a blank piece of paper in front of him and asking him to write down what he wants.

‘Be careful what you wish for’

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:54 - Sep 26 with 3562 viewshomer_123

AHEM!!!!

How good (relatively) is McKenna? by homer_123 25 Sep 2023 11:45
He's bang average.

On the basis we don't want to talk him up and speed his exit from the Club.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:54 - Sep 26 with 3558 viewsitfc_bucks

When he tells us what he wants, I reckon we should double it and ask him to pose for the inevitable statue.

No sense wasting time, let's just get on with it!
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:55 - Sep 26 with 3500 viewsFrimleyBlue

It all just depends how quick he wants to achieve things.

There's nothing he can't achieve at ipswich.

It just depends how long he's happy to stay to achieve it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:57 - Sep 26 with 3475 viewsKieran_Knows

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:54 - Sep 26 by homer_123

AHEM!!!!

How good (relatively) is McKenna? by homer_123 25 Sep 2023 11:45
He's bang average.

On the basis we don't want to talk him up and speed his exit from the Club.

Sorry Homer, excitement got the better of me!

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:59 - Sep 26 with 3430 viewsIllinoisblue

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:55 - Sep 26 by FrimleyBlue

He can build his empire here, team, coaches, facilities… not many clubs he could move to where he can be the absolute main man. We are blessed to have him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:01 - Sep 26 with 3361 viewshomer_123

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:59 - Sep 26 by Illinoisblue

He can build his empire here, team, coaches, facilities… not many clubs he could move to where he can be the absolute main man. We are blessed to have him.

If the trajectory keeps on at this rate - then you can see us being tested and him being tempted in the near future. It's the cold hard reality.

One hopes that given how much time he and the team took to find the right Club to start his journey with and the way we have supported him, you'd like to think he might stick around to see how far he can take us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:10 - Sep 26 with 3242 viewstextbackup

I’ll never ever forget those that defended those days, accepted them, didn’t speak out and want more for the club they support.

They know who they are too, but they’ll be full or ifs and buts…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:28 - Sep 26 with 3084 viewsGarv

Just think, it could have been Kenny Jackett.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:42 - Sep 26 with 2945 viewsKieran_Knows

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:28 - Sep 26 by Garv

There were people on here that were happy to see Neil Harris appointed after Cook left ffs.

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:45 - Sep 26 with 2924 viewsKieran_Knows

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:10 - Sep 26 by textbackup

I’ll never ever forget those that defended those days, accepted them, didn’t speak out and want more for the club they support.

Toxic place was PR…

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 07:38 - Sep 27 with 2567 viewstractorboy1978

I think that is where we've been for a while to be honest. I think Ashton and the owners have known from very early on that he's something special and it seems like everything he's wanted he has been given, particularly re the training ground. I also expect he is very well remunerated already!

Perhaps I am a bit naive, but I really do think he's here for the medium term at the least. This is his project and his chance to create a legacy and I think he is going to want to see it out to the end. You look at a team like Wolves last night - they are the sort of team that may come in for him, but we are teams that seem to be going in totally different directions on and off the pitch. And for all people talk about 'a big gap' between the Prem and the Championship, they are a team that we have the capacity to be at the minimum on a par with in the not too distant future.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 09:53 - Sep 27 with 2393 viewsmonkeymagic

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 07:38 - Sep 27 by tractorboy1978

I think that is where we've been for a while to be honest. I think Ashton and the owners have known from very early on that he's something special and it seems like everything he's wanted he has been given, particularly re the training ground. I also expect he is very well remunerated already!

Perhaps I am a bit naive, but I really do think he's here for the medium term at the least. This is his project and his chance to create a legacy and I think he is going to want to see it out to the end. You look at a team like Wolves last night - they are the sort of team that may come in for him, but we are teams that seem to be going in totally different directions on and off the pitch. And for all people talk about 'a big gap' between the Prem and the Championship, they are a team that we have the capacity to be at the minimum on a par with in the not too distant future.

I’ve no doubt that he covets the Man United job. I imagine his length of stay here is based on how he thinks is the best way to position himself for that : does over achieving here put him in the frame, or does he need to manage a ‘bigger’ PL club first as a stepping stone.
If it’s the latter, I suspect we might lose him in the next 18 months.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:00 - Sep 27 with 2340 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 21:55 - Sep 26 by FrimleyBlue

He's better here then the merry go round. He should set his standards high, if he's going to leave it has to be a massive job. Going from Ipswich to say a Leicester or Aston Villa (or even Chelsea) would see him out of work with the owners next tantrum.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:01 - Sep 27 with 2339 viewsPhilTWTD

He's contracted until 2027, so if I was his agent I would be telling him there's no hurry to sign anything longer than that. Town are as well protected as they realistically can be should others show interest.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:09 - Sep 27 with 2279 viewstractorboy1978

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 09:53 - Sep 27 by monkeymagic

I’ve no doubt that he covets the Man United job. I imagine his length of stay here is based on how he thinks is the best way to position himself for that : does over achieving here put him in the frame, or does he need to manage a ‘bigger’ PL club first as a stepping stone.
If it’s the latter, I suspect we might lose him in the next 18 months.

He's 37 at the end of the day. He's got plenty of time on his hands. The one thing he doesn't want to do is take the wrong job (as he was very careful about before coming here) working for the wrong owners.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 10:17]
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:11 - Sep 27 with 2263 viewsiamipswich

Last Friday of every month I think

Poll: Who will return first?

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 2237 viewsRobTheMonk

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:01 - Sep 27 by PhilTWTD

He's contracted until 2027, so if I was his agent I would be telling him there's no hurry to sign anything longer than that. Town are as well protected as they realistically can be should others show interest.

What do you think we'd begrudgingly accept if it comes to that?
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:21 - Sep 27 with 2193 viewshadleighboyblue

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:00 - Sep 27 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He's better here then the merry go round. He should set his standards high, if he's going to leave it has to be a massive job. Going from Ipswich to say a Leicester or Aston Villa (or even Chelsea) would see him out of work with the owners next tantrum.

Totally agree .

Going to a big club is a different ball game to what he has here . Instant success is demanded and managers are quickly dismissed .

Owners interfering , spending millions on players with massive egos , whereas here he has assembled a young , happy squad that is growing together .

Just like Sir Bob put together a super squad to rival the big boys , McKenna is doing the same .
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:26 - Sep 27 with 2169 viewsWalkyWonderland

He's not going to be offered a job at a top 10 prem club currently. At best he would be offered one struggling against relegation. A tough gig to walk into and succeed. If he doesn't and is sacked within a season or so, he's then scrabbling around average championship clubs for a job. Probably a club that isn't going to invest and grow with him like we are.
If he gets us to the PL and keeps us there for 2-3 seasons, playing great football, that's the time to worry about him getting a plumb job. I think he has another 4-5 years with us.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:41 - Sep 27 with 2119 viewsbaxterbasics

A lot of managers in the past have worked magic somewhere early on in their careers and then for whatever reason when they move up the ladder things don't work out. (Paul Jewell at Wigan comes to mind). Maybe it's a particular chemistry that doesn't carry over to a new set up. Maybe KM is the sort of genius that could get success anywhere. Maybe he would go to a Man U or Chelsea and be sacked in three months. I don't expect so of course - the fact he's got this particular bunch of players doing so well suggests he's got something special. But who knows?

At the rate we are going, it will be England that comes calling. If not, I'm looking forward to him stepping away from Ipswich to retire in 40 years time having won the Champions League for the 13th consecutive season.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:55 - Sep 27 with 2077 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:10 - Sep 26 by textbackup

“I’ll never ever forget those that defended those days”

Stockholm syndrome. We should be grateful for the crumbs thrown to us by Mr Evans whilst the stadium falls apart, and football that non-league teams would be embarrassed by.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 11:13 - Sep 27 with 2016 viewsPhilTWTD

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 10:15 - Sep 27 by RobTheMonk

What do you think we'd begrudgingly accept if it comes to that?

I've no idea, and it will depend on how well we do, when it happens and where we are.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 16:06 - Sep 27 with 1732 viewsPrideOfTheEast

At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 22:28 - Sep 26 by Garv

Steve Cotterill would have been great.
At what point do new contract talks begin again for McKenna and his staff? on 16:14 - Sep 27 with 1709 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I cannot believe it never really got to the point of uncomfortable levels of protest as that would have been the trigger. There was a very small group of people who were encouraging him to get out for ages, and were probably aware of certain things that others were not, including types of interested party (plenty but generally proven to be awful) etc.

There was some absolute drivel spouted at the time about Evans doing it for a tax loss etc - that was often the crux of the debate on here and it was annoying that people just couldn't accept that he was incompetent but was putting in a lot of money. As lots of people said, the best he did was exit the way he did rather than take the route that plenty of others have done, and left us with a similarly dubious ownership group.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 16:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024