Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some summarised thoughts on last night 09:28 - Sep 20 with 1176 viewsJakeITFC

My biggest success story last night was the win for our squad depth. We went into last night with arguably our two best players (or certainly our two most creative) in Davis and Broadhead missing and still looked really good. Obviously credit goes to Hutchinson and Williams for slotting in so well, but you have to respect the amount of work that goes in on the training ground that makes those changes seamless.

On a similar strain, more praise for Burgess and Hladky. There are two players who I'm sure the vast majority of us thought would be jettisoned on our way up from League One but who look every bit top end Championship players atm. Despite higher pedigree, Walton and Tuanzebe are going to have a real battle to get themselves in to the side when fit.

Minor criticism must go to Jack Taylor. You can see why they like him - physicality, a great engine and can pop up in some good positions, but I really can't see McKenna having him for long if he doesn't work on keeping the ball better. When we chuck bodies forward as we do, it is imperative that we don't give away sloppy balls against an exposed rest defence. Morsy and Luongo are massive parts of this team atm, so fitness, yellow cards and international tournaments are going to test us in the next few months.

I wasn't able to go last night so a quick note on the coverage. Sky Red Button absolute garbage, so don't bother with that. I switched to Town TV at half time and it was loads better - different camera angles, replays and good commentary/analysis. A quick comparison showed that Town TV's stream was actually slightly ahead of the Sky coverage too (with me using the red button on the actual Sky box, not streaming). On both streams the Ipswich fans sounded fantastic.
Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:33 - Sep 20 with 1109 viewsRobTheMonk

Think that's fair.

Hutch especially got his chance and ran with it. He is an intelligent presser too.

Burgess. Wow. I wonder how many corners he's cleared this season.

Off the ball Taylor was good. As you say, good engine and some great tackles. Sloppy in possession which is a no-no as a midfielder in this team. You're not taking off a centre mid at 55 minutes if they're having a good game. Luongo and Morsy's close control is ridiculous at times. Best midfield pairing since Magilton and Holland.
Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:39 - Sep 20 with 1060 viewsPinewoodblue

Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:33 - Sep 20 by RobTheMonk

Think that's fair.

Hutch especially got his chance and ran with it. He is an intelligent presser too.

Off the ball Taylor was good. As you say, good engine and some great tackles. Sloppy in possession which is a no-no as a midfielder in this team. You're not taking off a centre mid at 55 minutes if they're having a good game. Luongo and Morsy's close control is ridiculous at times. Best midfield pairing since Magilton and Holland.

Woolfenden was also immense, he seemed to clear almost every ball pumped into our area.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 994 viewsJakeITFC

Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:39 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

Woolfenden was also immense, he seemed to clear almost every ball pumped into our area.

Almost goes without saying for him nowadays, unbelievable defender. His positioning and general ground covering makes him a less flashy defender (in that he's not making last ditch tackles or massive headers all of the time) but my word he is quality in this side.
Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 977 views_clive_baker_

I was having this conversation on the way home. Pretty ludicrous that would could name the following side, none of which started last night:

Walton
Donacien Tuanzebe Edmundson Davis
Luongo Ball
Jackson Harness Broadhead
Scarlett

And that's not to mention Ladapo, Evans, Aluko and Humphreys.
Some summarised thoughts on last night on 12:24 - Sep 20 with 758 viewsitfcserbia

Some summarised thoughts on last night on 09:33 - Sep 20 by RobTheMonk

Think that's fair.

Agree on 55min sub. After 10 minutes in the second half it was becoming obvious Taylor was where they were going to hurt us and almost immediately McKenna took him off. Great engine and physicality, pretty good technically as well but Luongo is class above him still. Maybe not even a fair comparison, since one is a 5-6 years older established international.

Trying to think of a better midfield duo since Magilton-Holland and I can't.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024