Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? 13:00 - Sep 9 with 4312 viewsMaySixth

quiz question

Two players scored on their ITFC debut in the John Duncan era

name them

Player 1 : January 1989
Player 2 : April 1990

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:00 - Sep 9 with 3078 viewshomer_123

Balthacha?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:05 - Sep 9 with 3040 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. Baltacha v Stoke
2. Stuart v Watford

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:11 - Sep 9 with 3023 viewsMaySixth

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:05 - Sep 9 by gainsboroughblue

1. Baltacha v Stoke
2. Stuart v Watford

Correct

I was at both

After the game at Watford went straight off to watch Happy Mondays at Wembley Arena.

Good times.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:12 - Sep 9 with 3014 viewsChurchman

I was one of the hardy souls enduring the Duncan years. 89 was definitely Baltacha in the 5-1 mauling of Stoke on a January mud heap of a pitch

1990? Not a clue
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:13 - Sep 9 with 3015 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:11 - Sep 9 by MaySixth

Correct

I was at both

After the game at Watford went straight off to watch Happy Mondays at Wembley Arena.

Good times.

Stuart scored two and possibly made the best debut I've seen (possibly even to this day).

He was dogsh!te following that though.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 2998 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Any excuse to repost this...
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:25 - Sep 9 with 2980 viewsunstableblue

Kevin Wilson? In the cup against Gillingham?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:29 - Sep 9 with 2949 viewsNthQldITFC

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:05 - Sep 9 by gainsboroughblue

1. Baltacha v Stoke
2. Stuart v Watford

Who was Stuart? I was thinking Stuart Slater when I read that.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:31 - Sep 9 with 2942 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:25 - Sep 9 by unstableblue

Kevin Wilson? In the cup against Gillingham?

That would've been under Bobby Ferguson.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:31 - Sep 9 with 2938 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:29 - Sep 9 by NthQldITFC

Who was Stuart? I was thinking Stuart Slater when I read that.

Mark Stuart. Better known at Charlton and Plymouth.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:33 - Sep 9 with 2926 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:24 - Sep 9 by burnbudgiesburn

Amazing what 30 odd years of false memories does. I always thought Baltacha struck that from outside the area.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:36 - Sep 9 with 2910 viewsChurchman

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:33 - Sep 9 by gainsboroughblue

Amazing what 30 odd years of false memories does. I always thought Baltacha struck that from outside the area.

I didn’t remember Sergei’s goal at all until I saw that clip - and I was in Churchmans that day! As for Mark Stuart, I don’t remember him at all!! Oh dear.
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:38 - Sep 9 with 2907 viewsunstableblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:31 - Sep 9 by gainsboroughblue

That would've been under Bobby Ferguson.

Doh!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:40 - Sep 9 with 2900 viewsstringy

Sergei Baltacha against Stoke, 6-1 home victory - got him to sign the programme at the goodbye event they gave him during the World Cup (I think - ironically - it was Russia playing)
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:46 - Sep 9 with 2887 viewsmonkeymagic

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:36 - Sep 9 by Churchman

I didn’t remember Sergei’s goal at all until I saw that clip - and I was in Churchmans that day! As for Mark Stuart, I don’t remember him at all!! Oh dear.

Me too, my only recollection was that at the time I was convinced he’d be the signing that would lead to a title win. As for Mark Stuart, I am quite alarmed that it doesn’t even ring a faint bell - I used to go to every home game (from 83 onwards) and a lot of always too. How the f can I not remember him at all!
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 14:39 - Sep 9 with 2809 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Was at the Stoke match when Baltacha scored. The pitch was blo0dy awful back then if l remember.One of our better results that season.
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 14:40 - Sep 9 with 2813 viewsMaySixth

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:46 - Sep 9 by monkeymagic

Me too, my only recollection was that at the time I was convinced he’d be the signing that would lead to a title win. As for Mark Stuart, I am quite alarmed that it doesn’t even ring a faint bell - I used to go to every home game (from 83 onwards) and a lot of always too. How the f can I not remember him at all!

He had a great debut at Watford but unmemorable after that

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 15:02 - Sep 9 with 2770 viewsEastTownBlue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:38 - Sep 9 by unstableblue

Doh!

He would have been useful in the League Cup that season if he wasn’t cup tied. Presumably we only signed him after he scored three goals against us in that competition for Derby.
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 15:36 - Sep 9 with 2720 viewsBluespeed225

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 13:24 - Sep 9 by burnbudgiesburn

Stoke managed by Mick Mills at the time?
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 15:42 - Sep 9 with 2688 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 15:36 - Sep 9 by Bluespeed225

Stoke managed by Mick Mills at the time?

Yep. He left later that year to be replaced by Alan Ball.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 16:34 - Sep 9 with 2572 viewsCoastalblue

I had a season ticket then, wonder how few we were sellling?
Anyway, another with no memory of Stuart!

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 16:36 - Sep 9 with 2564 viewsElephantintheRoom

John Duncan made some money x elle the signings - though these two weren’t among them.

David Lowe might have been quite a player before Chris Whyte intervened.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 16:37 - Sep 9 with 2571 viewsgainsboroughblue

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 15:02 - Sep 9 by EastTownBlue

He would have been useful in the League Cup that season if he wasn’t cup tied. Presumably we only signed him after he scored three goals against us in that competition for Derby.

Indeed. I think Wilson was probably our best signing of the whole decade. I was gutted when he left for Chelsea.

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 17:24 - Sep 9 with 2520 viewssolemio

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 16:36 - Sep 9 by ElephantintheRoom

John Duncan made some money x elle the signings - though these two weren’t among them.

David Lowe might have been quite a player before Chris Whyte intervened.

Yes, before his serious injury David Lowe was often compared with players such as Ian Wright and Mark Bright. Afterwards not really very close to that level.
Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 17:57 - Sep 9 with 2475 viewsNBVJohn

Who followed us regularly in the John Duncan era? on 16:34 - Sep 9 by Coastalblue

I had a season ticket then, wonder how few we were sellling?
Anyway, another with no memory of Stuart!

He was on loan - don’t ask me where from. To the best of my recollection he never signed permanently.

It was definitely the harder, more obscure part of the question.

I wouldn’t have had the answer, and only remember him because I was at the game at Watford.

I think we let a two goal lead slip.

It was also in the days when the away end was accessed via allotments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024