Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 years in the nick 22:53 - Sep 5 with 1584 viewsHARRY10

"Former Proud Boys Chairman Enrique Tarrio was sentenced to 22 years in prison for seditious conspiracy and leading a failed plot to prevent the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden. "

Rather like isolating a computer virus. Stopping his dangerous and odious views contaminating society.
22 years in the nick on 23:00 - Sep 5 with 1536 viewsFreddies_Ears

I hope that has an impact on the cases looking at whether Trump should be barred from running for Pres.
22 years in the nick on 23:17 - Sep 5 with 1508 viewsSwansea_Blue

22 years in the nick on 23:00 - Sep 5 by Freddies_Ears

I hope that has an impact on the cases looking at whether Trump should be barred from running for Pres.

Never mind running for President, he should be facing the same charges and punishment brought against this Tarrio bloke. Tarrio (as much as a arsehole he obviously is) wasn’t the “ultimate leader”. The orange idiot they followed and revered who made all the wild conspiratorial claims and steered the reaction is the “ultimate leader” of this “seditious conspiracy” to overthrow the legitimate state.

I’d also argue this isn’t seditious conspiracy. They literally attacked the US Capitol. A physical, direct attack should be treason.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

22 years in the nick on 23:55 - Sep 5 with 1470 viewsBasingstokeBlue

and effectively removing his nasty
DNA from the gene pool.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

22 years in the nick on 23:57 - Sep 5 with 1463 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Harry, put your drink aside.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 23:58]
22 years in the nick on 00:10 - Sep 6 with 1437 viewsHARRY10

22 years in the nick on 23:17 - Sep 5 by Swansea_Blue

Never mind running for President, he should be facing the same charges and punishment brought against this Tarrio bloke. Tarrio (as much as a arsehole he obviously is) wasn’t the “ultimate leader”. The orange idiot they followed and revered who made all the wild conspiratorial claims and steered the reaction is the “ultimate leader” of this “seditious conspiracy” to overthrow the legitimate state.

I’d also argue this isn’t seditious conspiracy. They literally attacked the US Capitol. A physical, direct attack should be treason.

I'm not sure the ultimate leader is actually Trump. Like Johnson he is not the brightest. Both are narcissists who believe in their own popularity

When the first COBRA meeting was called, over the rising Covid threat, where was Johnson ? Cavorting with Chinese dragon dancers outside No 1O (he also failed to attend the four subsequent COBRA meetings). Trying to ape Churchill and his two fingered victory sign, the bloater leered into the camera holding up two thumbs, for all the world like the village idiot on a day out at the seaside.

Suspect Russian counter intelligence of pulling the strings as far as Trump was concerned, though it is debatable whether the word intelligence is not surplus to requirements there. Which would explain Trumps constant attacks on NATO. Much as with Johnsons constant attacks on the EU and his defence of the Russian invasion of Crimea in 2014.

This latest fascist jailed was tried for seditious activities because he was not actually there at the time. Seditious - inciting or causing people to rebel against the authority of a state.

For my mind the real crime as not 'rebelling against the state' but trying to thwart democracy. From the 'enemies of the state' headlines to the attempt to close down Parliament, we in the UK have seen the same anti democracy forces at work.

Trump could be banned under 14th Amendment: A public official is not eligible to assume public office if, while they were previously in office, they took an oath to support the Constitution but then "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or [gave] aid or comfort to the enemies thereof". The key word there is 'engaged', as are 'aid or comfort'.

The momentum against him in this matter is growing. Whether it will amount to enough will have to be seen.

However there is also the no small matter over is criminal businesses dealings, and that is before his attempts to manipulate the vote.
22 years in the nick on 00:47 - Sep 6 with 1409 viewsHARRY10

22 years in the nick on 23:57 - Sep 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

is that the best you have ?
22 years in the nick on 06:27 - Sep 6 with 1281 viewsTangledupin_Blue

For me, the interesting point is that Tarrio was not present when the Capitol came under attack but has now been found to have been orchestrating the insurrection from afar. Pretty well the same as Trump is being accused of.

The precedent has been established and is ominous for Trump: 'not being present at the attack' will not be a sufficient defence to exonerate him from responsibility.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

22 years in the nick on 08:23 - Sep 6 with 1168 viewsStokieBlue

After your utterly manic posting at the time you wrote this that's quite a statement!

What exactly is wrong with being pleased that someone who organised an attack on the US Capitol being sent to jail for a long time?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

22 years in the nick on 09:17 - Sep 6 with 1081 viewsBlueBadger

What is it you like best about the Proud Boys, the bigotry, the criminality, the shoe size IQ's or the palling around with nazis?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

22 years in the nick on 09:34 - Sep 6 with 1028 viewsMookamoo

22 years in the nick on 06:27 - Sep 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

For me, the interesting point is that Tarrio was not present when the Capitol came under attack but has now been found to have been orchestrating the insurrection from afar. Pretty well the same as Trump is being accused of.

The precedent has been established and is ominous for Trump: 'not being present at the attack' will not be a sufficient defence to exonerate him from responsibility.

Looks like his Twiiter DMs are going to be crucial to establish that.

Trouble is, he is slippery enough to argue the semantics and get away with it, especially if any conviction gets to be appealed in front of the judges he appointed.

The US system is nuts.
22 years in the nick on 09:42 - Sep 6 with 993 viewsTangledupin_Blue

22 years in the nick on 09:34 - Sep 6 by Mookamoo

Looks like his Twiiter DMs are going to be crucial to establish that.

Trouble is, he is slippery enough to argue the semantics and get away with it, especially if any conviction gets to be appealed in front of the judges he appointed.

The US system is nuts.

Those judges will surely be savvy enough to realise that the maintaining of Supreme Court credibility is important. Won't they?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

22 years in the nick on 10:21 - Sep 6 with 931 viewsMattinLondon

22 years in the nick on 09:17 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

What is it you like best about the Proud Boys, the bigotry, the criminality, the shoe size IQ's or the palling around with nazis?

I think he likes the Fred Perry polo shirts.
22 years in the nick on 12:47 - Sep 6 with 851 viewsHARRY10

22 years in the nick on 06:27 - Sep 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

Yes, that takes it further on. As with the lying bloater, who because there was never even the semblance of an real investigation, he believed he had got away with his lies. Those lies finally caught up with him, just as they will with Trump. It just needs a real investigation, and court proceedings.

I would expect that once more evidence is revealed the tide will turn, as it did with the bloater. Johnson saw over 60 of his MPs turn on him before they turfed him out. By then his popularity was the lowest recorded for a PM. He later failed to get enough MPs to back him for succeeding the utterly incompetent Truss, and floundered badly at the consequent privileges committee investigation.

I think most sensible people know Trump was deeply involved in this insurrection, as well as the attempt to rig the vote count - never mind his dishonest business dealings. At some point his lawyers will be advising him to cut a deal. However there will be the feeling that as with Germany in 1945 it needs to be 'unconditional surrender' as they didn't want the bars tards claiming they were not beaten as in 1918' and trying to start it all over again.

Trump deserves to be in jail. However where those recently jailed have been removed from society. Which stops them infecting society, it needs to be shown here, clearly that the only electoral fraud was that of Trump. And it needs him to admit it, if not say it in plain English.

That needs to be the starting point of any deal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024