Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very disappointing window 18:45 - Aug 31 with 6127 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Haven’t really improved the squad that much, thought Ashton was going to be ruthless this summer.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Very disappointing window on 18:46 - Aug 31 with 4026 viewsNutkins_Return

? Trolling? Wind-up?

Window hasn't even shut.
Very disappointing window on 18:46 - Aug 31 with 4016 viewsblueislander

OK Who would you have bought?
Very disappointing window on 18:47 - Aug 31 with 4002 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Very disappointing window on 18:46 - Aug 31 by Nutkins_Return

? Trolling? Wind-up?

Window hasn't even shut.

Just a bit underwhelmed, relying on loans again.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Very disappointing window on 18:47 - Aug 31 with 3996 viewsWeWereZombies

Still over twenty eight hours to go,

But it has been slow all round, BBC transfers page only has thirteen so far today, only eight yesterday.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Very disappointing window on 18:48 - Aug 31 with 3965 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We ought to have spent 8m on Ellis Simms, eh?
Very disappointing window on 18:55 - Aug 31 with 3879 viewstextbackup

What if he’s got in the players he was asked to get?
Do you know any different?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Very disappointing window on 18:55 - Aug 31 with 3881 viewsmutters

Disagree, but then opinions are like nipples, everybody's got them.

We've bought in our #1 target in Hirst, one of our long term targets in Taylor. 3 quality loan signings (albeit young but it's up to them to make their talent shine) who could potentially turn into permanent signings if it works out that way.

Ok we missed out on Messi but we have a decent squad already which has fantastic team spirit. A lot of those were bought with Championship football in mind. There was never a hope in hell we would add 10 new players, it was always going to be nuanced additions.

Overall, we are fine. Another CB would have been nice but that probably indicates a role for Baggot this season. One of our own getting a chance in th first team. Sounds good to me

Editted as I forgot about Slicker, who could be our #1 in a few years.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 18:57]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Very disappointing window on 18:55 - Aug 31 with 3880 viewsOldFart71

If having a bunch or whingers for supporters won the League Town would win by 20 points. We got out of that God foresaken League One and we are where every man and his dog wanted to be last season. We have started well and lost one game by one goal against a team who came down from the Prem with parachute payments and who will probably go back up again. We have one of the best managers in the Country. Yes, the Country and a multi million pound fund behind us. Be grateful for what we have and just reflect on where we were with Evans at the helm.
Login to get fewer ads

Very disappointing window on 18:56 - Aug 31 with 3848 viewsNutkins_Return

Very disappointing window on 18:47 - Aug 31 by KieranMcKenna1

I think the concern on loans is legit to be fair.

But I'm not overly concerned. It's been a bizarre window with the Saudi money and a number of champ teams managing to offload star players for vast money this window. With FFP this combo has really messed up the window and pricing. It's not possible (unless you want to do a Derby or Reading) to overpay for players even if you have wealthy owner because you get docked points.

I think we probably had to re-evaluate a bit.

That said Brandon may be a viable signing of the 3 next year.

It's been a slow window but I think the profiles we have brought in strengthen the squad a lot.
Very disappointing window on 18:57 - Aug 31 with 3829 viewsChurchman

Very disappointing window on 18:46 - Aug 31 by blueislander

Piroe. Going for a paltry £12m and £70k a week. Surely we could have offered £20m and £100k a week? No point in messing around with bargain bin Simms at £8m.

Two prem level centre halves (not cheap rubbish like Mads Anderson or punts like Cashin), two new forwards, three midfielders and two wingers and a partridge in a pear tree. Now that would have been a proper window showing real ambition. Finger out Ashton - boooo!

Back on planet earth, I’m a tad bemused about peoples’ expectations but there it is.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 22:01]
Very disappointing window on 18:57 - Aug 31 with 3832 viewsN2_Blue

This is getting rather tedious now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Very disappointing window on 18:58 - Aug 31 with 3828 viewsSitfcB

Back to school next week for you.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Very disappointing window on 18:59 - Aug 31 with 3810 viewsMattinLondon

Ridiculous thing to say. We’ve brought a central midfielder who the staff here really rate for 1.5 million and a striker who has adapted to the championship really well. Plus three highly rated loan players with PL experience.
Very disappointing window on 18:59 - Aug 31 with 3810 viewsMookamoo

Very disappointing window on 18:46 - Aug 31 by blueislander

An interesting question, always avoided by anyone posting these sort of comments.

Football Manager has a lot to answer for
Very disappointing window on 18:59 - Aug 31 with 3807 viewsPioneerBlue

I don’t see us relying on loans. I see us using the loan market to augment the squad and improve technical capability of that squad with players we’d otherwise never afford under current FFP limitations.

They are not blocking anyone and it means several players don’t get run into the ground. Let’s see how this plays through to next window at least!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Very disappointing window on 19:00 - Aug 31 with 3793 viewsmutters

Very disappointing window on 18:56 - Aug 31 by Nutkins_Return

I think the concern on loans is legit to be fair.

But I'm not overly concerned. It's been a bizarre window with the Saudi money and a number of champ teams managing to offload star players for vast money this window. With FFP this combo has really messed up the window and pricing. It's not possible (unless you want to do a Derby or Reading) to overpay for players even if you have wealthy owner because you get docked points.

I think we probably had to re-evaluate a bit.

That said Brandon may be a viable signing of the 3 next year.

It's been a slow window but I think the profiles we have brought in strengthen the squad a lot.

I actually think loans at this stage is highly sensible. We look like we will be able to hold our own but we are stepping up a division. We can't afford to over burden ourselves with long term contracts until we know how we will adjust

Normally I am very anti loans (well one or two are fine) but in this case we have a good blend of new players and loan players

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Very disappointing window on 19:00 - Aug 31 with 3790 viewsMattinLondon

Very disappointing window on 18:58 - Aug 31 by SitfcB

Back to school next week for you.

You think he’ll be too busy marking homework?
Very disappointing window on 19:01 - Aug 31 with 3756 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I don't think our squad is 'relying' on loans for us to have a good season in the slightest.

Burnley last season had parachute payment money but still had a handful of loans to bulk out their squad.
Very disappointing window on 19:01 - Aug 31 with 3750 viewsDubtractor

Very disappointing window on 18:57 - Aug 31 by N2_Blue

This is getting rather tedious now.

Feel like setting up another login so I can download vote it again.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Very disappointing window on 19:05 - Aug 31 with 3680 viewsIllinoisblue

Unlike you to be posting nonsense.

Phil by KieranMcKenna1 9 Jan 2023 20:29
Rumours Broadhead has failed medical..

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Very disappointing window on 19:06 - Aug 31 with 3664 viewsNutkins_Return

Very disappointing window on 19:00 - Aug 31 by mutters

I actually think loans at this stage is highly sensible. We look like we will be able to hold our own but we are stepping up a division. We can't afford to over burden ourselves with long term contracts until we know how we will adjust

Normally I am very anti loans (well one or two are fine) but in this case we have a good blend of new players and loan players

I completely agree. I was just making the point the OPs less emotional follow up about loans I could understand.

Was trying to make the same points really that it's sensible given the way this window has been.

Agreed. Uppy applied.
Very disappointing window on 19:27 - Aug 31 with 3386 viewsBloomBlue

If we had purchased no additions and Ashton came out and said we couldn't afford any of the players who couod improve us and we didn't want loans - would you be happy or unhappy with the transfer window?
Very disappointing window on 19:38 - Aug 31 with 3266 viewsmrfixit426

Please make it stop.
Very disappointing window on 19:39 - Aug 31 with 3263 viewsNutkins_Return

Very disappointing window on 19:01 - Aug 31 by Dubtractor

Feel like setting up another login so I can download vote it again.

So annoying when you write a highly amusing post and your phone says f*** you i'm ruining this for you with an autocorrect!
Very disappointing window on 19:45 - Aug 31 with 3185 viewsLeoMuff

I think it is slightly underwhelming, but we were always going to struggle to land the in demand champ players over established and far wealthier clubs.

I would think a successful season in the championship and we will be far more attractive, the most important thing is that so far we have kept the squad intact and added to it.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024