Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forward line options and centre back desires 16:45 - Aug 31 with 1015 viewsgreyhound

Scarlett in my view is a great signing. A highly rated young player with a lot of potential to fulfill. He's now at a club with an upward trajectory, looking to build towards Premier league football. We should create the chances for him to thrive naturally.

With Hirst, Jackson, Scarlett, ladapo, all vying for one slot and the wide areas well covered I'm not sure where I see Freddie getting football. With us at squad size limit I wonder if he is about to realise a league 1 loan. 4 options for one position feels to rich.

I'm desperate for us to get a big athletic centre back in, however I'm not sure who this could be, especially as first team improvement would need to come from someone proven at the level who preferably isn't over 35...(keough *cough*)
Forward line options and centre back desires on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 958 viewsRobTheMonk

Keogh definitely helped the back line behind the scenes last year. But we need someone to be competing for a starting position.
Forward line options and centre back desires on 17:09 - Aug 31 with 815 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Forward line options and centre back desires on 16:49 - Aug 31 by RobTheMonk

Keogh definitely helped the back line behind the scenes last year. But we need someone to be competing for a starting position.

Agreed, his legs looked gone in some League One games last year. His positional sense was good enough to keep him out of trouble most of the time but don't think that would be enough in the Championship.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Forward line options and centre back desires on 17:26 - Aug 31 with 699 viewsChurchman

Forward line options and centre back desires on 17:09 - Aug 31 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Agreed, his legs looked gone in some League One games last year. His positional sense was good enough to keep him out of trouble most of the time but don't think that would be enough in the Championship.

It is not so important if a CHs legs have gone a bit if they were once top players with the right attitude. John Wark was a classic example. He was always in the right place. Tony Mowbray was another class act.

I’d actually prefer us to sign somebody like Cashin. Can’t see it happening but at least we’ve got somebody in for the forward line. If McKenna likes him that’s good enough for me. Shame it’s another loan, but there it is.
Forward line options and centre back desires on 17:32 - Aug 31 with 651 viewsDarth_Koont

You may well be right re: Ladapo being surplus but isn’t Scarlett a bit like John-Jules and can also be added to the Broadhead/Chaplin/Hutchinson/Harness/Aluko group?

Similarly Jackson is also cover/competition wide right with Burns.

So not sure it’s 4 fighting for one place plus a bench spot. All it takes is an injury to one of them (or to a Burns or a Broadhead) and Ladapo might well be needed in the match squad.

Either way, Freddie is pushed further back with this signing. So will be interesting to see if he and McKenna still think it’s worth him being here.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024