Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on yesterdays game 10:57 - Aug 30 with 1029 viewsTootingTown

Slicker- all over the place for the first 10 mins, didn't have a lot to do after that. Good pen save.
Williams- thought he was unlucky with the OG, the most right footed left back I've ever seen. Grew into the game, still a little way off starting league games.
Fridge- I actually thought he was ok up until the 2nd goal. Looks like he has improved his distribution, but big error is what grabbed the headlines.
Baggott- Happy to have him as the LCB cover role this season after that- good game. Could be a big player for us in the near future.
Ball- Solid. Didn't really notice him tbh.
Evans- Our captains love a yellow card don't they? Lovely ball for 2nd goal, thought he did ok, hasn't changed his ranking as 4th choice CM though.
Taylor- Same as Evans really. Did ok, but Massimo in front of him for now.
Hutch- Thought he was our best player in the first half, always wanting to take on his man- with varying degrees of success. Good assist.
Harness- Some nice touches, didn't do enough in his 45mins though.
Humphreys- Actually thought he had a poor first half, right place for the goal though. Gave him confidence in the 2nd period. Would like to see him go out on loan to get more games.
Freddie- IMO he's A forward version of Wolfie. He has a very casual style, which doesn't look great when having a quiet game. Took his goal well, but not sure he's right for the forward role McK wants.

Aluko- I still think he would be a better option off the bench than Harness. So slick on the ball.

Ehibhatiomhan- I wonder if he might be someone we look at in the future for the forward position? Very composed finish for a 20 year old, seems quick and strong too. 5th goal of the season for him already.
Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:02 - Aug 30 with 963 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Ball solid? He was awful and often out of his position. Edmundson got angry with him at some point.
Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:12 - Aug 30 with 915 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:02 - Aug 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ball solid? He was awful and often out of his position. Edmundson got angry with him at some point.

Football really is a game of opinions isn't it

I'm surpised by the number of people who felt Hutchinson took on his man, he didn't. He did it once and we scored from it, but before that he spent the first 40 minutes using his left foot to cut inside at every single opportunity and ignore that he had a right foot to use and a byline he could get to, as shown when he did do it we actually scored from it. Think the fullback got subbed when reading noticed that he'd suddenly found his right foot. lol

Ball, he's ok, handy to have a back up but he's defo not a fullback you want to see to often.

You could tell there was a few positional issues last night, at times looking flat at the set up it was a 3 2 4 1, which i don't think was intentional. maybe it was, who knows, maybe they weren't positional issues...

I feel for freddie, when you watch Hirst, then jackson uptop, to then watch freddie is like watching a player in slow mo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:18 - Aug 30 with 848 viewshomer_123

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:12 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

Football really is a game of opinions isn't it

I'm surpised by the number of people who felt Hutchinson took on his man, he didn't. He did it once and we scored from it, but before that he spent the first 40 minutes using his left foot to cut inside at every single opportunity and ignore that he had a right foot to use and a byline he could get to, as shown when he did do it we actually scored from it. Think the fullback got subbed when reading noticed that he'd suddenly found his right foot. lol

Ball, he's ok, handy to have a back up but he's defo not a fullback you want to see to often.

You could tell there was a few positional issues last night, at times looking flat at the set up it was a 3 2 4 1, which i don't think was intentional. maybe it was, who knows, maybe they weren't positional issues...

I feel for freddie, when you watch Hirst, then jackson uptop, to then watch freddie is like watching a player in slow mo.

To be fair to Freddie.

He's languid, like Dozzel (Jason) for example. He's neither lazy nor slow - it's more his style that seems to confuse people.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:21 - Aug 30 with 820 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:18 - Aug 30 by homer_123

To be fair to Freddie.

He's languid, like Dozzel (Jason) for example. He's neither lazy nor slow - it's more his style that seems to confuse people.

Oh 100% it's what i call a floaty striker. TBF to him though you could see he was trying to work with Harness more and work on his one touch game with him. There were moments between him, Harness and Hutchinson that looked quite good as a triangle.

Waka waka eh eh

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:28 - Aug 30 with 773 viewsTootingTown

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:02 - Aug 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

That's fair enough, but considering Reading had 4 shots all game. I don't think our back line were particularly tested (aside from the first 5-10 mins). So maybe he got away with more positional errors which I didn't really notice.
Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:29 - Aug 30 with 749 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thoughts on yesterdays game on 11:28 - Aug 30 by TootingTown

That's fair enough, but considering Reading had 4 shots all game. I don't think our back line were particularly tested (aside from the first 5-10 mins). So maybe he got away with more positional errors which I didn't really notice.

Reading must have had a tough start to the season

People all around me were saying how they'd deserved to win and best performance all season.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024