Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? 09:03 - Aug 27 with 2651 viewsglasso

First time in the SAR yesterday and the noise from BA was decent for the most part, but when they moved, is there a reason they didn't go into the section of Magnus directly opposite the away fans?

A missed opportunity to face off against them and really make some noise. Seemed a bit weird having both sets of noisy fans in the same stand, singing towards the quiet stand...?

Can they even really hear the away fans up there and vice versa?
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:19 - Aug 27 with 2560 viewsDinDjarin

Bottom 2 tiers are family section.
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:20 - Aug 27 with 2543 viewsVegtablue

That's a dedicated family zone in the family stand, so I doubt they'd have been welcome! They also want to be close to the North to help orchestrate things there and feed off each other
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:21 - Aug 27 with 2531 viewsVegtablue

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:19 - Aug 27 by DinDjarin

Bottom 2 tiers are family section.

J and K top tiers are too.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 9:26]
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:25 - Aug 27 with 2515 viewsVegtablue

I agree it's regrettable they're now hidden from away support but I doubt the club would have facilitated a move to anywhere else (which they did by relocating ST holders previously in A).
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:37 - Aug 27 with 2469 viewspennblue

Should go in top of churchmans imo

That will get churchmans going properly then too

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 10:30 - Aug 27 with 2315 viewsWallingford_Boy

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:37 - Aug 27 by pennblue

Lower churchmans, but yes, churchmans is the ideal spot either way.

RIP Sir Bobby

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 10:38 - Aug 27 with 2279 viewsgeg1992

Churchman’s definitely the place I think. The stand is actually a lot more vocal than I’ve ever known it now. I can’t actually hear blue action really from where I sit.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 10:41 - Aug 27 with 2270 viewsVegtablue

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 09:37 - Aug 27 by pennblue

Would be great but would the club facilitate it? I don't think so.
Login to get fewer ads

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 11:45 - Aug 27 with 2157 viewspennblue

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 10:30 - Aug 27 by Wallingford_Boy

Lower churchmans, but yes, churchmans is the ideal spot either way.

The reason I am suggesting upper is because you need the roof. It is still not an ideal stand for noise due to the two tier structure, but the trouble with lower tiers in general is the sound does not carry as well.

But you could argue upper North would work well too. But it is still a 2 tier setup and like at QPR it is difficult to get upper + lower in sync.

We need a kop stand.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 11:56 - Aug 27 with 2113 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Probably has something to do with the Magnus Stand being the family stand.

They wouldn't be allowed in the South Upper either due to the angle of rake, and moving them to the Lower South would likely cause some issues with policing it. Block A was probably the best and only option.
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 11:58 - Aug 27 with 2097 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 11:45 - Aug 27 by pennblue

The reason I am suggesting upper is because you need the roof. It is still not an ideal stand for noise due to the two tier structure, but the trouble with lower tiers in general is the sound does not carry as well.

But you could argue upper North would work well too. But it is still a 2 tier setup and like at QPR it is difficult to get upper + lower in sync.

We need a kop stand.

Club wouldn't allow it in the North & South Upper, too much of a health and safety issue.
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 12:14 - Aug 27 with 2050 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 11:58 - Aug 27 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Club wouldn't allow it in the North & South Upper, too much of a health and safety issue.

Out of sheer interest. How so?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 16:02 - Aug 27 with 1816 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 12:14 - Aug 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

Out of sheer interest. How so?

I believe it’s to do with the angle of the tiers. The angle of the Upper Cobbold is not as steep as the North & South, which is probably why BA picked Block A.
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 16:49 - Aug 27 with 1717 viewsAlanG296

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 16:02 - Aug 27 by WickhamsLeftBoot

I believe it’s to do with the angle of the tiers. The angle of the Upper Cobbold is not as steep as the North & South, which is probably why BA picked Block A.

Due to its closeness to the playing area the upper north is definitely not suitable for standing unless they're not bothered about being able to see the goal line.
Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 16:54 - Aug 27 with 1697 viewsMullet

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 10:38 - Aug 27 by geg1992

Churchman’s definitely the place I think. The stand is actually a lot more vocal than I’ve ever known it now. I can’t actually hear blue action really from where I sit.

Churchmans has always been the heart and soul of the club innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 18:38 - Aug 27 with 1548 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 16:49 - Aug 27 by AlanG296

Due to its closeness to the playing area the upper north is definitely not suitable for standing unless they're not bothered about being able to see the goal line.

I know Ashton wants the away fans moved as, (I’m paraphrasing) they are currently in some of the best seats in the ground.

Section 6 of the SARL would be my bet for where he wants them.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 18:47 - Aug 27 with 1523 viewsAlanG296

Why didn't Blue Action go opposite the away fans? on 18:38 - Aug 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

I know Ashton wants the away fans moved as, (I’m paraphrasing) they are currently in some of the best seats in the ground.

Section 6 of the SARL would be my bet for where he wants them.

Yes, the summer work at that end, new entrances, the former staples land access, makes that easier. Separating space on the lower concourse would be straight forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024