Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not disheartened 17:49 - Aug 26 with 678 viewsGeoffSentence

We weren't outplayed at all, but my word they were sharp up front.

The difference in the end was them taking advantage of momentary disorganisation a we brought on three subs.

There was an entire division between the two teams last year, that showed with the quality up front, but we won't face too many like it this year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Not disheartened on 17:55 - Aug 26 with 631 viewsADStephenson

There's an awful lot of well reasoned responses to that defeat. My first game since MK away and I think it showed that if we want to compete at the very top end of the league, sure, we need some top quality signings, but that in reality, we competed with a very strong Leeds side who came down from the Prem and if we don't sign anyone else, we'll be fine. Leeds were clinical, we weren't. We made a few poor defensive errors and they didn't. On another day, the result could have been different, but was probably the deserved result for today.

www.adstephenson.com

Not disheartened on 17:56 - Aug 26 with 601 viewsADStephenson

Meant to add that I'm not disheartened either. There was a lot to be positive about.

www.adstephenson.com

Not disheartened on 17:59 - Aug 26 with 573 viewsHerbivore

Combination of a couple of errors from us and them taking a couple of low percentage chances, whilst we weren't as clinical when we got into their box. They've spent a lot of money on that front four and it got them a narrow win today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not disheartened on 17:59 - Aug 26 with 572 viewspointofblue

Not disheartened on 17:55 - Aug 26 by ADStephenson

There's an awful lot of well reasoned responses to that defeat. My first game since MK away and I think it showed that if we want to compete at the very top end of the league, sure, we need some top quality signings, but that in reality, we competed with a very strong Leeds side who came down from the Prem and if we don't sign anyone else, we'll be fine. Leeds were clinical, we weren't. We made a few poor defensive errors and they didn't. On another day, the result could have been different, but was probably the deserved result for today.

They made poor defensive errors. I'm not sure any of the seven goals really came from scintilating play! Maybe our third was a decent strike.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not disheartened on 17:59 - Aug 26 with 571 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not disheartened on 17:55 - Aug 26 by ADStephenson

I think a large majority expected a defeat.. but not many would have expected us to be so close to a result.

We almost a force for this level. Almost.

Over to Ashton to make it happen.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024