Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Annother accident in Russia 18:13 - Aug 23 with 1796 viewsSamuelowen88

Slightly higher than a hospital window this time

BBC News - Wagner boss Prigozhin killed in plane crash in Russia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66599733

Poll: England v Wales Score

Annother accident in Russia on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 1780 viewsDanTheMan

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Annother accident in Russia on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 1773 viewsStokieBlue

Now who could have predicted that?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Annother accident in Russia on 18:18 - Aug 23 with 1733 viewsSteve_M

Shot down by Russian air defences it is claimed, which would be a novelty given their record on intercepting Ukrainian drones.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Annother accident in Russia on 18:30 - Aug 23 with 1644 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Annother accident in Russia on 18:18 - Aug 23 by Steve_M

Shot down by Russian air defences it is claimed, which would be a novelty given their record on intercepting Ukrainian drones.

Being fair, they’re bloody accurate when it comes to passenger jets.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Annother accident in Russia on 18:45 - Aug 23 with 1554 viewsHARRY10

Annother accident in Russia on 18:15 - Aug 23 by StokieBlue

Now who could have predicted that?

SB

Shades of Ernst Rohm getting deaded
Annother accident in Russia on 18:55 - Aug 23 with 1494 viewsChurchman

Annother accident in Russia on 18:45 - Aug 23 by HARRY10

Ah, but this was an accident. A tragic accident.

Rohm, a thoroughly unpleasant man to rival Hitler in odious, was shot through the bars of his cell if memory serves me right during the ‘Night of the Long Knives’. Adolf basically took out the whole of the SD leadership in one go. Typical German efficiency.
Annother accident in Russia on 19:04 - Aug 23 with 1433 viewsfactual_blue

Annother accident in Russia on 18:45 - Aug 23 by HARRY10

On the night that Ernst Roehm died voices rang out
In the rolling Bavarian hills
And swept through the cities and danced in the gutters
Grown strong like the joining of wills

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Annother accident in Russia on 19:23 - Aug 23 with 1389 viewsHARRY10

Annother accident in Russia on 18:55 - Aug 23 by Churchman

Ah, but this was an accident. A tragic accident.

Rohm, a thoroughly unpleasant man to rival Hitler in odious, was shot through the bars of his cell if memory serves me right during the ‘Night of the Long Knives’. Adolf basically took out the whole of the SD leadership in one go. Typical German efficiency.

Not sure about your description of how Rohm was shot, and I am certain Hitler did not take over 200 out. Where to, a beer hall ? No, they were executed/shot.

Like many righties Rohm was stupid enough to believe the guff peddled to him, and the SA had become an embarrassment with demands that threatened Hitlers wealthy backers. Shades of brexit one might think.

SA views on how things should progress with a 'levelling up' programme and power being taken from the 'establishment' may have been OK to garner support, but they were never intended to be followed through.

Though not being summarily shot, useful idiots such as Nuttall, Batten, Bolton, James etc were quickly dumped once they were no longer useful, as with Dorries. I expect the simple-minded pair, Rees-Mogg and 30p Lee will eventually find themselves surplus to requirements. They are after all a reminder of the lies peddled previously.

Others might note the similarity to Animal Farm, where once the pigs had gained control all talk of fairness, better conditions and control by the animals were forgotten.

To my mind, this Wagner chap had similarly outlived his useful ness. His 'mutiny' was a recognition that him and his lot were being used, and were expendable. Whether this is a sign that the war maybe coming to an end, it cannot be known, yet. Russia is on the back foot, and will continue to be so. Better to sue for peace as Germany in 1918, then suffer humiliation as Germany in 1945.
Login to get fewer ads

Annother accident in Russia on 19:41 - Aug 23 with 1344 viewsChurchman

Annother accident in Russia on 19:23 - Aug 23 by HARRY10

Not sure about your description of how Rohm was shot, and I am certain Hitler did not take over 200 out. Where to, a beer hall ? No, they were executed/shot.

Like many righties Rohm was stupid enough to believe the guff peddled to him, and the SA had become an embarrassment with demands that threatened Hitlers wealthy backers. Shades of brexit one might think.

SA views on how things should progress with a 'levelling up' programme and power being taken from the 'establishment' may have been OK to garner support, but they were never intended to be followed through.

Though not being summarily shot, useful idiots such as Nuttall, Batten, Bolton, James etc were quickly dumped once they were no longer useful, as with Dorries. I expect the simple-minded pair, Rees-Mogg and 30p Lee will eventually find themselves surplus to requirements. They are after all a reminder of the lies peddled previously.

Others might note the similarity to Animal Farm, where once the pigs had gained control all talk of fairness, better conditions and control by the animals were forgotten.

To my mind, this Wagner chap had similarly outlived his useful ness. His 'mutiny' was a recognition that him and his lot were being used, and were expendable. Whether this is a sign that the war maybe coming to an end, it cannot be known, yet. Russia is on the back foot, and will continue to be so. Better to sue for peace as Germany in 1918, then suffer humiliation as Germany in 1945.

From the history learning site:

Between June 30th and July 2nd, all senior SA men were arrested by the SS. Hitler allowed Röhm to have the option of taking his own life but Röhm refused. He was shot in a prison cell by SS Obersturmbannführer Michael Lippert on July 2nd.

Edit: The full article

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/ernst-rohm/

And I see no parallels to Brexit or events in this country.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 19:43]
Annother accident in Russia on 20:40 - Aug 23 with 1252 viewschicoazul

Annother accident in Russia on 19:23 - Aug 23 by HARRY10

Animal Farm was about the other lot Harold.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Annother accident in Russia on 20:57 - Aug 23 with 1182 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Annother accident in Russia on 21:12 - Aug 23 with 1100 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s about time the International Civil Aviation Organisation tool thinks like this seriously. You shouldn’t be able to lean against a window and then accidentally fall out of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Annother accident in Russia on 23:07 - Aug 23 with 950 viewsHARRY10

Annother accident in Russia on 19:41 - Aug 23 by Churchman

From the history learning site:

Between June 30th and July 2nd, all senior SA men were arrested by the SS. Hitler allowed Röhm to have the option of taking his own life but Röhm refused. He was shot in a prison cell by SS Obersturmbannführer Michael Lippert on July 2nd.

Edit: The full article

https://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/ernst-rohm/

And I see no parallels to Brexit or events in this country.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 19:43]

eh ?

I am well away of how this rightie was killed. I merely questioned the "through the bars" bit - "Eicke and Lippert returned to Röhm's cell at 14:50 to find him standing, with his bare chest puffed out in a gesture of defiance. Eicke and Lippert then shot and killed Röhm"

A rightwing coup funded by the wealthy that the fails to deliver, and rids itself of its earlier leaders while dumping all the promises it had previously made.

Yep, no connection to Brexit there at all.

Take a look at the French righties who joined the German army during WW2, supposedly to fight 'Bolshevism', only to find (along with righties from elsewhere) they were used in some of the most brutal fighting. And in the case of the French, all too often simply summarily executed by non Nazi Frenchmen after the war. Often within hours of being handed over. Those who stayed in France and convinced themselves that rounding up Jewish women and children was 'fighting Bolshevism' suffered the same fate from June 1944 onward.

The idea that there was some morally better choice out of Russia and Germany during WW2 is ludicrous. Both were brutal fascist regimes. Responsible for the slaughtering of millions of their own civilians before and during the war.

Brexiters have been similarly used, through their own stupidity. None of what was promised was ever going to happen. However, many millions in Russia and Germany had no choice. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of those who did, and do have a choice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024