Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? 12:40 - Aug 22 with 2552 viewsHogger

Just bought our tickets for next week - and yes we are going, even booked the Hilton. But I know people who have bought for the away point and have no intention of going - so who gets the mpney? Reading or is the gate shared with us?
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 12:44 - Aug 22 with 2495 viewsSitfcB

The gate receipts earnings of every EFL Cup match are divided into three pots. 45% each is shared by home and away team regardless where the match is taking place while 10% goes to English FA.

https://www.totalsportal.com/football/efl-cup-prize-money/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:34 - Aug 22 with 2341 viewspennblue

It is going to be interesting to see how many we take!

At £6.50 Reading might need to give us half the ground!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:56 - Aug 22 with 2213 viewsHerbivore

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:34 - Aug 22 by pennblue

It is going to be interesting to see how many we take!

At £6.50 Reading might need to give us half the ground!

£6.50? Cheapest point anyone will get all season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:57 - Aug 22 with 2201 viewspennblue

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:56 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

£6.50? Cheapest point anyone will get all season.

that is for the kids only though! But £13 is still a steal. Only 30 mins for me so I'll be there anyway ....

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:59 - Aug 22 with 2174 viewsCityBlue

£6.50 for a childs ticket

I T I D

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:00 - Aug 22 with 2166 viewstextbackup

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 13:57 - Aug 22 by pennblue

that is for the kids only though! But £13 is still a steal. Only 30 mins for me so I'll be there anyway ....

I’ve heard from a mate that even an adult can buy a ticket as an under 18, so all in £10.50

System won’t allow an adult to buy an u13 ticket

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:08 - Aug 22 with 2123 viewsSarge

Be nice if said people could wait until they’ve been on general sale for a few days at least to give those of us that actually intend to attend the chance to get one.
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:14 - Aug 22 with 2076 viewspennblue

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:08 - Aug 22 by Sarge

Be nice if said people could wait until they’ve been on general sale for a few days at least to give those of us that actually intend to attend the chance to get one.

I was assuming there would be plenty, but you do have a point, if they only give us 4k it might sell out before general sale if people buy for points. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Login to get fewer ads

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:18 - Aug 22 with 2049 viewsPJH

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:14 - Aug 22 by pennblue

I was assuming there would be plenty, but you do have a point, if they only give us 4k it might sell out before general sale if people buy for points. Will be interesting to see what happens.

What would have been good would have been them say that there were no points for this one after about 4000 had been sold.
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:38 - Aug 22 with 1948 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:14 - Aug 22 by pennblue

I live in Reading, am a s/t holder but not a Member. I am intending to buy 8 tickets for a group of local ITFC fans in a block when they go on general sale.
If the tickets don't get that far, because people are buying for points and not going to the match, there will be total uproar. I will be making sure I ask Mark Ashton to explain the ticketing policy and how genuine fans have been unable to attend when only half our seats are filled.

Poll: would you rather

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:42 - Aug 22 with 1922 viewsPJH

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:38 - Aug 22 by LegendofthePhoenix

I live in Reading, am a s/t holder but not a Member. I am intending to buy 8 tickets for a group of local ITFC fans in a block when they go on general sale.
If the tickets don't get that far, because people are buying for points and not going to the match, there will be total uproar. I will be making sure I ask Mark Ashton to explain the ticketing policy and how genuine fans have been unable to attend when only half our seats are filled.

For this game there should not have been points. People are abusing the system when tickets are full price so they would be all over this one. No points would have meant that only people that intended/wanted to go to the game were interested in buying them.
He won't bother replying.... on 14:43 - Aug 22 with 1918 viewsBloots

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:38 - Aug 22 by LegendofthePhoenix

....a mate of mine emailed him twice about not getting his points from last season because he wasn't a GC holder, and he got one standard response from the ticket office and then a less standard response from Ashton's PA.

Both essentially said "tough crap".

...."it's all about the money, money, money"

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

But then those going.... on 14:45 - Aug 22 with 1895 viewsBloots

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:42 - Aug 22 by PJH

For this game there should not have been points. People are abusing the system when tickets are full price so they would be all over this one. No points would have meant that only people that intended/wanted to go to the game were interested in buying them.

...wouldn't have got points!

How would that be fair?

Can't change it from match to match.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 14:48 - Aug 22 with 1868 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

If you’re prepared to go to that awful ground midweek to watch 2 reserve teams, you deserve the point imo.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 15:10 - Aug 22 with 1790 viewsBluebell

I have got two tickets and I am going.

Problem is I also want more tickets for my family who want to go. Now I have to wait until they go on general sale to get more and we won't be able to sit together.
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 15:11 - Aug 22 with 1778 viewsSitfcB

They should’ve just gone straight on general sale as well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? (n/t) on 15:19 - Aug 22 with 1730 viewsBluebell

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 15:11 - Aug 22 by SitfcB

They should’ve just gone straight on general sale as well.

There will be a lot of empty seats if people are buying for the points and don’t intend to go.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 15:20]
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 1692 viewsLRB84UK

But then why should the genuine fans who are going to the game miss out on points? This game tips me over to 20 and the next group up, why should I miss out on the point because of others not planning on going?
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? (n/t) on 15:47 - Aug 22 with 1600 viewsLankHenners

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? (n/t) on 15:19 - Aug 22 by Bluebell

There will be a lot of empty seats if people are buying for the points and don’t intend to go.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 15:20]

Looking at the seating map and having a rough count, we must have been given about 1000 tickets to start with and most of them have been sold before it's even got to 5+ members let alone STs and general sale. You'd imagine what's left will go and Reading will release another batch which will be quickly snapped up.

I know we travel well and the diehards in the higher points brackets go to most aways, but I would be mightily surprised if there ends up being that many people physically there whatever the ticket sales number says.

In that event I think the club are going to have to have a serious think about how to stop this happening as it takes the piss a bit and potentially denies people who want to go getting a ticket.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 15:59 - Aug 22 with 1528 viewsbillybluehat

I'm looking for 1 extra ticket for the Reading match for a mate who lives down that way, so if anyone has 15+ priority points and wants an extra point added to their total then DM me as I'm happy to use the customer number to get one
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 16:15 - Aug 22 with 1451 viewsPJH

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 15:25 - Aug 22 by LRB84UK

But then why should the genuine fans who are going to the game miss out on points? This game tips me over to 20 and the next group up, why should I miss out on the point because of others not planning on going?

That is very true, but you might miss out on a future game that you want to go to because someone has bought a ticket for Reading with no intention of going to the game. Or they are buying a ticket for a future game that you want to go to just so that they can get the point. I cannot see a solution, but I do not like injustice. It makes no direct difference to me because the only game I did not go to last season was the Pizza cup at Cambridge, so I am one point off the max possible.
Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 17:14 - Aug 22 with 1287 viewsCoastalblue

Would be somewhat annoying if they sold 4K and 2K turned up, leaving 2K at home on the sofa wishing they could have gone.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 17:27 - Aug 22 with 1245 viewstivo

Who gets the money from the unused Reading tickets? on 17:14 - Aug 22 by Coastalblue

Would be somewhat annoying if they sold 4K and 2K turned up, leaving 2K at home on the sofa wishing they could have gone.

TBF we need a drama like this for the backlash and the resulting changes to the system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024