Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. 14:50 - Aug 21 with 7007 viewsunbelievablue

EV arrives in the next couple of weeks. Seems to be hundreds of different types of EV charging points and nearly as many apps - what's the best one? Do any of them consolidate the different types etc.?

I'll be driving an Ioniq 5.

Edit - widening to general advice about driving an EV. Cheers.

EDIT 2 - Now got the car, update post down the thread.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:15]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:27 - Sep 30 with 488 viewsDJR

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 18:49 - Sep 30 by Lord_Lucan

There was a bloke on the radio the other day who was explaining that a simple shunt could b@her the batteries up and the repair cost is huge.

I’m all for progress and green things but I can’t help thinking the EV is the new Squarial - atm.

This may have emerged in the course of this thread, but I was talking to a friend who bought an electric car about a year ago and had concluded that it was not really practical to use for journeys from west Kent to Bath and back to visit his brother because of the difficulties with charging.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 21:33]
EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:37 - Sep 30 with 472 viewsLord_Lucan

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:27 - Sep 30 by DJR

This may have emerged in the course of this thread, but I was talking to a friend who bought an electric car about a year ago and had concluded that it was not really practical to use for journeys from west Kent to Bath and back to visit his brother because of the difficulties with charging.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 21:33]

I'm currently having to drive up to Grimsby way and then on to two places in West Midlands. I am a busy boy and hardly have time to stop for Diesel - Electric charge - no way baby

Plus, in our vans - we carry class 1 explosives, insurance is a nightmare at the best of times = and vans do about 50 miles????????????????

Ok, so I realise I'm not the average Joe but for us EV's are impossible, even as a car. How the hell do I have time to find a power supply and wait.

Seems to me that at present EV's are only of use to lazy bastards and communists.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:45 - Sep 30 with 469 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:37 - Sep 30 by Lord_Lucan

I'm currently having to drive up to Grimsby way and then on to two places in West Midlands. I am a busy boy and hardly have time to stop for Diesel - Electric charge - no way baby

Plus, in our vans - we carry class 1 explosives, insurance is a nightmare at the best of times = and vans do about 50 miles????????????????

Ok, so I realise I'm not the average Joe but for us EV's are impossible, even as a car. How the hell do I have time to find a power supply and wait.

Seems to me that at present EV's are only of use to lazy bastards and communists.

Out of interest do you know what it costs to charge at a public charging point for each 250 to 300 miles?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:59 - Sep 30 with 466 viewsLord_Lucan

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:45 - Sep 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Out of interest do you know what it costs to charge at a public charging point for each 250 to 300 miles?

No, I haven't a clue Stevey.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 23:00 - Sep 30 with 443 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:59 - Sep 30 by Lord_Lucan

No, I haven't a clue Stevey.

Any takers?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 08:00 - Oct 1 with 383 viewsEly_Blue

EDIT - EV advice including charging point apps etc. on 21:45 - Sep 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

One assumes that there is some sort of non public charging going on here? But if you want to use the following guidelines as a rough way of working it out, all be it based on my own driving in my EV, then you’ll not go far wrong.

I have a Kia EV6, had it for 3-4 weeks now and stats read something like this , it has a 77kw battery and I’m currently averaging around 3.8miles/kw, that gives me an average of around 295 miles on a full charge (give or take a few miles depending on what roads I’m on). Public charging from what I’ve seen so far ranges from 62p/kwh on a 50kw charger at Tesco, up to 79p/kwh on a rapid 150kw charger at the Ipswich P&R, now you never turn up at a charger with nothing left in the batteries but let’s say for arguments sake you did then that works out at between £47.74 & £60.83 based on those prices for the car I have, just to add some context here using a cheap octopus go tariff that gives me 4 hours per night at 9p/kwh I can charge fully for £6.93!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024