Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought we were well under par today 18:44 - Aug 19 with 1008 viewsdavblue

Passing was slow, wayward and sloppy thought we got sucked in by QPR. Thought it was a dreadful game but it was a day to get the win and get outta there.

QPR fans seemed happy with their performance but I thought they were bad and despite saying they have a new style it wasn’t any different to Ainsworth’s Wycombe teams.

Thought we were well under par today on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 958 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Tight pitch, stood off us then jammed the midfield. Was never going to be pretty. QPR didn’t want an open game. Win and move on, a draw in reality would have been fairer.
Thought we were well under par today on 18:48 - Aug 19 with 952 viewsgaryinavault

We had a few hairy moments, some mistakes - particularly Donacien and Burns' passing to the other team, but imo the second half we came out strong and took the challenge well.

With QPR I feel they had a decent game but they got tired very quickly towards of the end of the first half. Their fans may feel they did well because they had some good moments and finished 20th last season - didn't watch any of their games but I am assuming today was a better show than that.
Thought we were well under par today on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 931 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Fair, most of their chances came from our mistakes.

It's to our credit however that a champ side was prepared to set up to nullify us rather than go on the front foot at home.
Thought we were well under par today on 18:52 - Aug 19 with 896 viewsdavblue

Thought we were well under par today on 18:50 - Aug 19 by burnbudgiesburn

It's to our credit however that a champ side was prepared to set up to nullify us rather than go on the front foot at home.

Was very much like a game from last year but they have better quality players.
Thought we were well under par today on 20:01 - Aug 19 with 641 viewsnshearman1

Thought we were well under par today on 18:50 - Aug 19 by burnbudgiesburn

Our mistakes came a lot from their high pressing game so credit to them. We took a long time to suss out using a clever ball over the top to exploit the space behind them, kept going for our usual play down the wings, and Hirst made loads of runs that weren’t used, worked his socks off. I think we need to be cleverer at adapting our play to counter the way the opposition plays us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024