Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yellow cards for fans now? 20:48 - Aug 16 with 1688 viewsGlasgowBlue

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/ticket-news-yellow-cards-issued-ever

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yellow cards for fans now? on 20:50 - Aug 16 with 1642 viewsSheffordBlue

The options there seem quite reasonable to me. Nothing to stop you transferring your season ticket to friends or family but if you can't then make it available to someone else via the club.

Given the limited number of 'casual' tickets at Portman Road this season if there are regularly empty seats then someone is missing out on a chance to see a match.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Yellow cards for fans now? on 20:58 - Aug 16 with 1598 viewsJ2BLUE

Good stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yellow cards for fans now? on 20:59 - Aug 16 with 1597 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great idea imo. Even then, four strikes is being generous. If plastics hoard STs just for the bigger games, they don’t deserve the seat.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:12 - Aug 16 with 1528 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yellow cards for fans now? on 20:58 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Good stuff.

I used to have two season tickets. Managed to make Saturday home games but most of the mid week games were fairly impossible without having to take two days off work. So I used to give my tickets to various TWTD board members.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:17 - Aug 16 with 1495 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Something tells me they might regret all that down the line. Brentford ffs.
Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:32 - Aug 16 with 1413 viewsGarv

What a weird and terrible idea.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 1372 viewsFoD_Blue

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:32 - Aug 16 by Garv

Why do you think that?

I'm a Gloucestershire based season ticket holder so I can't make it to all games. I think it's a great idea.

If you can't make it to a match, then the club lets you pass on your ticket or they help you to make it available for a fellow supporter to use. The only issue that I can see is that if you get stuck in traffic on the way to the game or break down, then it could be problematic, but it's doubtful that that would happen more than 4 times in a season.
Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 1319 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:12 - Aug 16 by GlasgowBlue

I used to have two season tickets. Managed to make Saturday home games but most of the mid week games were fairly impossible without having to take two days off work. So I used to give my tickets to various TWTD board members.

Which is fine according the system in your OP. It is also fine to list the seat as available for another fan through the club even if no one then takes it up. The yellow cards are only if you neither use the seat nor make it available for someone else to use. And even then there are 4 strikes. I would imagine it is rare that any season ticket holder cannot make a home match at short notice that they had intended to attend on 4 separate occasions. Of course, if there were genuine reasons, I am sure the club would listen to them if they were presented.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 1309 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:46 - Aug 16 by FoD_Blue

Why do you think that?

I'm a Gloucestershire based season ticket holder so I can't make it to all games. I think it's a great idea.

If you can't make it to a match, then the club lets you pass on your ticket or they help you to make it available for a fellow supporter to use. The only issue that I can see is that if you get stuck in traffic on the way to the game or break down, then it could be problematic, but it's doubtful that that would happen more than 4 times in a season.

On that same subject. I spoke to the ticket office today. If you email or ring them when you can’t attend a game, they will make your seats available to the foundation so that your seat won’t go empty.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 1255 viewsFoD_Blue

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:53 - Aug 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

On that same subject. I spoke to the ticket office today. If you email or ring them when you can’t attend a game, they will make your seats available to the foundation so that your seat won’t go empty.

That's worth knowing, thank you.

Most times if I can't make a game, my brother in law who sits next to me invites a friend, but on the odd occasion that the seat isn't filled, I would be happy for it to go to somebody who would appreciate using it.
Yellow cards for fans now? on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 1210 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Yellow cards for fans now? on 20:50 - Aug 16 by SheffordBlue

The options there seem quite reasonable to me. Nothing to stop you transferring your season ticket to friends or family but if you can't then make it available to someone else via the club.

Given the limited number of 'casual' tickets at Portman Road this season if there are regularly empty seats then someone is missing out on a chance to see a match.

I want to donate my ST to a lad who can't always afford to go, as I am often working. I have to ring the ticket office up on every occaision and get it done via phone, if there was a digital system thata allowed me to do it, life would be so much easier.
Yellow cards for fans now? on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 1173 viewscommuterblue

Yellow cards for fans now? on 22:06 - Aug 16 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I want to donate my ST to a lad who can't always afford to go, as I am often working. I have to ring the ticket office up on every occaision and get it done via phone, if there was a digital system thata allowed me to do it, life would be so much easier.

You can email the ticket office with your supporter number, and they will send you a pdf you can forward. Or even just screen shot and message.

I did this for Stoke as my daughter had a sporting commitment.

Blog: Harry Was Right (Potter, Not the One From Bath). The Only Thing We Should Fear is Fear Itself

Yellow cards for fans now? on 22:20 - Aug 16 with 1132 viewsHARRY10

Yellow cards for fans now? on 20:59 - Aug 16 by Swansea_Blue

Great idea imo. Even then, four strikes is being generous. If plastics hoard STs just for the bigger games, they don’t deserve the seat.

I should imagine that is the thinking behind it. And I am sure this has not just come out of the blue, either.

I heard some 'one hit wonder' club in the PL had supporters telling them that different people were sat in two seats for almost every game. Anyone with a season ticket a Brentford can make a killing selling on their tickets to 'agents for the top games, and not bothering with games like Wolves, Burnley, Sheff Utd etc.
Yellow cards for fans now? on 22:50 - Aug 16 with 1021 viewspelles321

Yellow cards for fans now? on 21:32 - Aug 16 by Garv

You seem in the minority here, what is your specific perspective?

Brentford seem to be putting fans before money. They get the money either way, but this system encourages more fans to attend (either themselves or passing it on to another fan).
Yellow cards for fans now? on 07:36 - Aug 17 with 794 viewsPendejo

I think it's a great idea, club trying to avoid empty seats.

How many empty seats did they have against Spurs?
I guess some could well be on holiday, but with this scheme there's every opportunity to let someone else sit in your seat.

I know of 2 Liverpool fans who live in Croydon area with ST for Palace, both will go to games not involving Liverpool, but if they know someone who supports opposition will lend their tickets, sometimes even actual Palace fans.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024