Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loans 16:08 - Aug 11 with 910 viewsSmithersJones

Reading the comments on possible loans for Baggott and Humphreys (broadly the benefits of regular games versus the benefits of training with our current set up), a thought occurred to me. Is there anything to stop a player going on loan somewhere but continuing to train all / part of the week with his parent club? You can see benefits for the player and the parent club. Less so for the receiving club but if it gets them a player who’d otherwise be out of reach then maybe they’re prepared to make the sacrifice.
Loans on 17:10 - Aug 11 with 819 viewsHighgateBlue

I've no idea about the rules, but surely no League team is going to put a player in their first 11 if they aren't training during the week with the rest of the first 11.
Loans on 17:16 - Aug 11 with 804 viewsJ2BLUE

Doesn't that happen with youth loans? They still play for the under 23s at their parent club? Or have I completely imagined that?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Loans on 17:20 - Aug 11 with 795 viewsbb1997

Loans on 17:16 - Aug 11 by J2BLUE

Doesn't that happen with youth loans? They still play for the under 23s at their parent club? Or have I completely imagined that?

I think they can as they don't need to be registered to play for the youth team, I think Dobra may have played for the u23s here when he wasn't getting picked for Colchester.
Loans on 19:07 - Aug 11 with 688 viewsAVJones

Loans on 17:20 - Aug 11 by bb1997

I think they can as they don't need to be registered to play for the youth team, I think Dobra may have played for the u23s here when he wasn't getting picked for Colchester.

Bill Baxter was doing national service in the Army in Aldershot in (I think) 1961/2. Might have been season before?

Came back for games, with special dispensation for midweek games.

Didn’t train with the team. We won the league!

Different times.
Loans on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 666 viewsPhilTWTD

Loans on 17:20 - Aug 11 by bb1997

He did, although once they'd decided they didn't want him. But his loan was still ongoing at the time. Not uncommon for players to go out on loan to non-league and spend time training here in the week.
Loans on 19:17 - Aug 11 with 647 viewsyorkshireblue

Bit different as he was a goalie, but Paul Gerrard trained with Everton when he was on loan at us back in 2002
Loans on 19:50 - Aug 11 with 598 viewsSharkey

Didn't John Wark basically train with Town when he played for Middlesborough?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024