Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hutchinson Yesterday 15:10 - Aug 7 with 9264 viewsKentish_Tractor

What did you think of Hutchinson when he came on yesterday?

Will probably get several negative votes for this but just stating my own honest opinion here. It might just be me - but to me he looked a little nonchalant / dissinterested, and I was expecting better if i'm completely honest. Either that or he was a little bit lost out there. Showed a couple of good touches but didn't pass when he should have and wasn't as committed to running back. He currently has the lowest player rating from our team at time of writing.

I know he's young but he didn't look like he had that fire in his belly that some kids have. Now I don't know it's thats just because of the occasion, his natural playing style or just his newness to the team - I know we play a very intense game that he he is probably not used to. I need to state I'm not writing him off - it would be stupid to write off a 19 year old after 20 minutes of his senior debut at a new team. All I'm saying is I was a little disappointed with him yesterday. I hope he gets better as he gets used to us and how we play.

What did you all think?

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:13 - Aug 7 with 5515 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think he's been here literally two minutes and perhaps some are expecting too much too soon

Take yourself back to start of last season with Leif ...where is he now ? Probably our best player in terms of performance and potential
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:15]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:14 - Aug 7 with 5522 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't like ascribing traits such as "uninterested" (the word you mean) to players unless really necessary, and it's very harsh to set that hare running re Hutchinson even if you temper your post later on. It was definitely a mixed bag from him and he'll need time to get up to speed with the tempo and precision required, he's barely played any senior football. Kid has bags of talent, which we saw glimpses of, and we'll probably see the best of him later on in the season. If fans give him that long!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:14 - Aug 7 with 5506 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Didn't notice the not running back but looked a work in progress as you'd expect i guess.

Has all the attributes so with experience and better decision making will be a player I'm sure.
Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:20 - Aug 7 with 5387 viewsFrimleyBlue

He will be a great player in the future.

Not sure it's benefit for us to be developing him for Chelsea tho.

The difference between him and the Palace player is the Palace one had already had a loan and proven he could get involved with assists and goals and would have been competition for Burns.

So far and its only 2 games mind you. Hutch has played the 10 role twice and looks lost. Yesterday he was stood alongside ladapo and then realised he was out of position.

He will no doubt end up a quality player. But he won't be here.

If be was our youngster fine. But I'd prefer Humphreys to be developed rather than a Chelsea loan personally. I've not seen hutch do anything as yet which humphreys couldn't do.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:21]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:22 - Aug 7 with 5341 viewsfranz_tyson

Would he be someone who'd be more useful chasing a game - rather than seeing out the game? If he'd have contributed to a 3rd goal - then, fair enough, that's game over, but we seemed to lose our way and allow Sunderland back into the game after the substitutions. I think we need to look a bit closer at our tactics around substitutions. Not blaming just the substitutions, but if we in the ascendancy and controlling games - do we need to change things so much?
Surprised he came on tbh on 15:24 - Aug 7 with 5317 viewsDyland

I'd give him first team minutes against Rovers before any league minutes. I guess we were looking fairly comfortable when the subs were made though. All good lessons and experience for McK and team.

Bear in mind he's played very little senior footy, innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:27 - Aug 7 with 5259 viewsIllinoisblue

Hoping KMc can bring the best out of him and I’m sure he will. Would give him 90 v Bristol and tell him to enjoy himself.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:30 - Aug 7 with 5180 viewstractorboy1978

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:20 - Aug 7 by FrimleyBlue

The difference between him and the Palace player is the Palace one had already had a loan and proven he could get involved with assists and goals and would have been competition for Burns.

So far and its only 2 games mind you. Hutch has played the 10 role twice and looks lost. Yesterday he was stood alongside ladapo and then realised he was out of position.

If be was our youngster fine. But I'd prefer Humphreys to be developed rather than a Chelsea loan personally. I've not seen hutch do anything as yet which humphreys couldn't do.

He's a totally different player to Humphreys - silly comparison. Humphreys isn't someone that is going to beat a player and carry the ball in the same way as Hutchinson.

I think he will thrill and frustrate in equal measure to begin with (like most 19 year old loans of that type of player). Based on his very limited game time, decision making will be something McKenna needs to improve and iron out with him. We have one of the best young coaches in the country coaching him.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:35 - Aug 7 with 5127 viewsDyland

"I've not seen hutch do anything as yet which humphreys couldn't do."

Of course not, cos you've seen next to nothing of him. As opposed to the coaching team (to clarify why I'm responding).

What a vacuous observation.

Plus, they are pretty different players anyway. The Hutchinson loan won't hinder Humphrey's progress. Edwards on the other hand...

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:37 - Aug 7 with 5084 viewsSheffordBlue

I thought he was good - worked hard and made some good contributions . Could have done better with his good chance but still looks like he'll be an exciting player for us. He came on at a time that the game was becoming disrupted with lots of subs, etc as well.

Here's a comparison of some of his stats compared with Chaplin who he replaced - Chaplin stats first, Omari's second:

Minutes: 75 / 15
Shots: 2 /1
Tackles: 0/2
Interceptions: 1/0
Blocks: 1/1
Carries: 26/5
Progressive Carries (moving it 10+ yards towards the goal): 0/1
Take Ons: 0 / 1

I

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:40 - Aug 7 with 5005 viewsStadiumofdark

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:13 - Aug 7 by Metal_Hacker

I think he's been here literally two minutes and perhaps some are expecting too much too soon

Take yourself back to start of last season with Leif ...where is he now ? Probably our best player in terms of performance and potential
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:15]

I'm not Jackson's biggest fan - but think he'd have been a better sub at the time. Works hard, and pace would have hopefully dragged us up the pitch, and Sunderland back into their half.

Matters not
Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:44 - Aug 7 with 4957 viewsMetal_Hacker

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:40 - Aug 7 by Stadiumofdark

I'm not Jackson's biggest fan - but think he'd have been a better sub at the time. Works hard, and pace would have hopefully dragged us up the pitch, and Sunderland back into their half.

Matters not

Yeah he might well have been but the post I thought was about Hutch and his contribution yesterday ?

Jackson was ready to come on yesterday and then stuff changed but in hindsight he probably would've been a better swap

Hey , Hutch has got a lot to learn as have we as a squad , it's early doors

Poll: If it were one or the other

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:49 - Aug 7 with 4879 viewsCrockerITFC

Perhaps you could instead get behind him and give him a reason to have some "fire in his belly"
Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:49 - Aug 7 with 4883 viewsozzy_itfc

Saw him at Luton and my thoughts after yesterday remain the same.

A big step between u21's football and men's football. I can't see him starting many league games in the next 2-3 months whilst he learns to step up but i think he will be an important sub on many occasions.

Seems quite intent on beating his man, with the blinkers on sometimes. Something i think McKenna will work on to coach him to be more team orientated and undoubtedly one of the things he is here to learn.

I thought against Luton he put himself about well, but almost too much and then would play a poor pass under no pressure because he had used up too much energy running back to get the ball back.

I find it interesting that Kyle Edwards seems to have dropped down the pecking order even further now Hutchinson is here. It doesn't surprise me as they are similar players and i think Hutchinson probably the better off them from the limited amount i have seen.
Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:49 - Aug 7 with 4876 viewsLeoMuff

Looked good carrying the ball foward, we were under the cosh big time and couldn’t string 2 passes together so very difficult to impress.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:51 - Aug 7 with 4826 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:30 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

He's a totally different player to Humphreys - silly comparison. Humphreys isn't someone that is going to beat a player and carry the ball in the same way as Hutchinson.

I think he will thrill and frustrate in equal measure to begin with (like most 19 year old loans of that type of player). Based on his very limited game time, decision making will be something McKenna needs to improve and iron out with him. We have one of the best young coaches in the country coaching him.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:30]

Again. If he was our lad great. Developing him would be fab. But I'm surprised they've gone that route with both KM and Ashton saying they don't like loans just to develop other teams players.

Waka waka eh eh

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:53 - Aug 7 with 4803 viewsStadiumofdark

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:44 - Aug 7 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah he might well have been but the post I thought was about Hutch and his contribution yesterday ?

Jackson was ready to come on yesterday and then stuff changed but in hindsight he probably would've been a better swap

Hey , Hutch has got a lot to learn as have we as a squad , it's early doors

Yes, I guess my point (badly expressed) was, if he's not ready, with lots to learn....then don't throw him on if he's not ready! Or at least, not in the first game of the season.

BR at home in the cup = fine!
Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:53 - Aug 7 with 4778 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:35 - Aug 7 by Dyland

"I've not seen hutch do anything as yet which humphreys couldn't do."

Of course not, cos you've seen next to nothing of him. As opposed to the coaching team (to clarify why I'm responding).

What a vacuous observation.

Plus, they are pretty different players anyway. The Hutchinson loan won't hinder Humphrey's progress. Edwards on the other hand...

You seem to misunderstanding the OP. He asked for peoples thoughts so far. I've given them based on him funnily enough... so far and the OP asked for our thoughts not what we think the management team think.

Waka waka eh eh

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:54 - Aug 7 with 4773 viewstractorboy1978

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:49 - Aug 7 by ozzy_itfc

Saw him at Luton and my thoughts after yesterday remain the same.

A big step between u21's football and men's football. I can't see him starting many league games in the next 2-3 months whilst he learns to step up but i think he will be an important sub on many occasions.

Seems quite intent on beating his man, with the blinkers on sometimes. Something i think McKenna will work on to coach him to be more team orientated and undoubtedly one of the things he is here to learn.

I thought against Luton he put himself about well, but almost too much and then would play a poor pass under no pressure because he had used up too much energy running back to get the ball back.

I find it interesting that Kyle Edwards seems to have dropped down the pecking order even further now Hutchinson is here. It doesn't surprise me as they are similar players and i think Hutchinson probably the better off them from the limited amount i have seen.

I wonder if we think/know we can get some money for Edwards and he will fall victim to us needing to move one or two out to bring others in. He had Championship interest last January and we rejected it to keep him here as an option.

As you say, he's very similar to Hutchinson and probably doesn't provide anything different off the bench so wonder how much time he will realistically get.
Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:54 - Aug 7 with 4769 viewsphillymark

It is in our benefit because if we help develop him, top teams will be more willing to loan us other players in the future due to our reputation
Oh silly me, thanks for your insight then (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 7 with 4726 viewsDyland

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:53 - Aug 7 by FrimleyBlue

You seem to misunderstanding the OP. He asked for peoples thoughts so far. I've given them based on him funnily enough... so far and the OP asked for our thoughts not what we think the management team think.

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:58 - Aug 7 with 4720 viewsBluefields

Tbf the game was chaos at that point and Town had little in the way of control with which to give him the opportunity to shine. I think he has a huge learning curve ahead of him tbh.
Oh silly me, thanks for your insight then (n/t) on 15:59 - Aug 7 with 4693 viewsFrimleyBlue

Oh silly me, thanks for your insight then (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 7 by Dyland

You're welcome

Waka waka eh eh

Hutchinson Yesterday on 16:00 - Aug 7 with 4694 viewsCityBlue

the team is very disciplined when it comes to shape, approach etc and he wants to fit into that. In a game with slightly less pressure we will see him blossom.

I T I D

Hutchinson Yesterday on 16:00 - Aug 7 with 4691 viewsLeoMuff

Hutchinson Yesterday on 15:54 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

I wonder if we think/know we can get some money for Edwards and he will fall victim to us needing to move one or two out to bring others in. He had Championship interest last January and we rejected it to keep him here as an option.

As you say, he's very similar to Hutchinson and probably doesn't provide anything different off the bench so wonder how much time he will realistically get.

Hutchinson must be impressing in training, as preferred over Edwards to play a tough away match in front on 40k despite only 2 senior apps to his name in club football.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024