Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 1-0 up 09:43 - Jul 28 with 1695 viewsSteve_M

Nice goal:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

England 1-0 up on 09:55 - Jul 28 with 1625 viewsVaughan8

The 5live commentator described it as a "rocket"

Not sure why, and it seems to happen a lot, but they over "superlative" what happens. Its a good goal yes. It's not a rocket though.

Just like new Zealand goal jn the first match was described as "the perfect goal"
England 1-0 up on 10:20 - Jul 28 with 1538 viewsSteve_M

England 1-0 up on 09:55 - Jul 28 by Vaughan8

Not sure why, and it seems to happen a lot, but they over "superlative" what happens. Its a good goal yes. It's not a rocket though.

Just like new Zealand goal jn the first match was described as "the perfect goal"

There's always a difference between reacting in real time and seeing it a few times before commenting. Decent goal but, given I didn't see it live, I was expecting a little more from the reaction.

Kiera Walsh off injured, not sure England can cope with many more serious injuries given the players out and Millie Bright really short of match time.

England 1-0 up on 10:29 - Jul 28 with 1494 viewsthatbdude

Would it be a bold prediction to say that we going to win the Women's World Cup?

Based on last year's performance in the Euros we have a strong squad and are playing well.

Poll: Who going down?

England 1-0 up on 10:33 - Jul 28 with 1478 viewsWallingford_Boy

England 1-0 up on 10:29 - Jul 28 by thatbdude

Would it be a bold prediction to say that we going to win the Women's World Cup?

Based on last year's performance in the Euros we have a strong squad and are playing well.

Not actually playing that well to be honest, should have 1 or 2 more and look VERY suspect at the back.

A team with better quality will cause our defence a lot of problems.

We do have the best keeper in the world though.

RIP Sir Bobby

England 1-0 up on 10:42 - Jul 28 with 1451 viewsLord_Lucan

I have my flag out in support.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

England 1-0 up on 10:44 - Jul 28 with 1435 viewsBLUEGOLD

Very bold. Defence looks suspect and missing Williamson & Walsh we are poorer than last summer.
England 1-0 up on 10:52 - Jul 28 with 1409 viewsJimmy86

They certainly over-egg the women's game somewhat, in my opinion... Yea, the goal was alright, but wasn't anything special.. and listening to Robyn Cowen bleating on about Lauren James and her not wanting to be known as Reece's sister.. and how about now asking Reece if he's Lauren's brother... Honest to god.. she also mentioned something about "after jet lag England have finally arrived at this world cup" I mean, they're all professional athletes so it's all about daft really.. the women's game still has some way to go I'd suggest..
England 1-0 up on 10:52 - Jul 28 with 1409 viewsSwailsey

We’re suffering from losing 3 (maybe now 4) of our best players and nailed-on starters with injury, which would have an impact on any team. Something that seems to be lost on a lot of media coverage.

It would be like us losing Wolfe, Morsy, Broadhead and Chaplin.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

England 1-0 up on 10:53 - Jul 28 with 1401 viewsDubtractor

England 1-0 up on 10:33 - Jul 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Not actually playing that well to be honest, should have 1 or 2 more and look VERY suspect at the back.

Really scrappy from what I'm watching this morning - do not look a cohesive unit at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

England 1-0 up on 10:56 - Jul 28 with 1378 viewsScuzzer

Is there an alternative commentary somewhere other than the BBC. The two on BBCOne are doing my head in.

Established 1968

England 1-0 up on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 1366 viewsSaigonTractor

England 1-0 up on 10:33 - Jul 28 by Wallingford_Boy

We've looked decent from what I've been watching, but feels like Denmark could score anytime they go forward.

Should be 2-0 up at least.
It looks like.... on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 1362 viewsBloots

England 1-0 up on 10:53 - Jul 28 by Dubtractor

Really scrappy from what I'm watching this morning - do not look a cohesive unit at all.

....women's football from 10-15 years ago.

Disappointing.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

England 1-0 up on 11:07 - Jul 28 with 1320 viewschicoazul

England 1-0 up on 10:42 - Jul 28 by Lord_Lucan

I have my flag out in support.

đź«Ł

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

England 1-0 up on 11:08 - Jul 28 with 1313 viewschicoazul

England 1-0 up on 10:44 - Jul 28 by BLUEGOLD

Very bold. Defence looks suspect and missing Williamson & Walsh we are poorer than last summer.

Yeah our defence looks slow and ponderous. Williamson is a good leader and organiser back there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It looks like.... on 11:20 - Jul 28 with 1262 viewsSwailsey

It looks like.... on 10:58 - Jul 28 by Bloots

....women's football from 10-15 years ago.

Disappointing.

See my comment above.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I was talking about.... on 11:25 - Jul 28 with 1242 viewsBloots

It looks like.... on 11:20 - Jul 28 by Swailsey

See my comment above.

....the technical ability and lack of style/system.

Also referring to both teams on display, plus the other matches I have seen.

Loads of misplaced passes, hopeful punts upfield, poor defending, long range shots that are no danger.....in general the standard has been poor.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

England 1-0 up on 11:26 - Jul 28 with 1237 viewsSteve_M

England 1-0 up on 11:08 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

Yeah our defence looks slow and ponderous. Williamson is a good leader and organiser back there.

I think Saturday was Bright's first match in about three months and it shows still. take Walsh out of the midfield and a load of protection goes too. Injuries are a big part of the problem but England look a long way off where they would want to be at the moment.

Against that, they've just beaten a reasonably decent team (that header against the post was lucky) and a lot of the sides in this tournament aren't that good. Very little chance against Germany or the US as things stand.

England 1-0 up on 11:27 - Jul 28 with 1227 viewsBigCommon

England 1-0 up on 10:52 - Jul 28 by Swailsey

We’re suffering from losing 3 (maybe now 4) of our best players and nailed-on starters with injury, which would have an impact on any team. Something that seems to be lost on a lot of media coverage.

Not really the same when you've got 100's of players to pick from as an England coach. And we've got a squad of 25...
Having said that, they look like they are playing better today, and moving the ball a bit quicker. Few too many misplaced passes tbf. And they are still missing an in form striker to stick these chances away.. Russo has been disappointing for a few games now, imo...
Still, 6pts from first to games. And not at their best. Good start to the tournament. If a little unspectacular.

Edit...For the record, I think 5live and Talksport match commentators, always over egg things, in both men's and women's football....Many a time I've tuned into MOTD to watch something described on radio,as world class, just to see something quite ordinary.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 11:33]
England 1-0 up on 11:35 - Jul 28 with 1171 viewsJimmy86

England 1-0 up on 11:27 - Jul 28 by BigCommon

Not really the same when you've got 100's of players to pick from as an England coach. And we've got a squad of 25...
Having said that, they look like they are playing better today, and moving the ball a bit quicker. Few too many misplaced passes tbf. And they are still missing an in form striker to stick these chances away.. Russo has been disappointing for a few games now, imo...
Still, 6pts from first to games. And not at their best. Good start to the tournament. If a little unspectacular.

Edit...For the record, I think 5live and Talksport match commentators, always over egg things, in both men's and women's football....Many a time I've tuned into MOTD to watch something described on radio,as world class, just to see something quite ordinary.

They're all at it! I get sky sports notifications and it reads "Lauren James's STUNNING strike secures England win against Denmark" Stunning? Please...
England 1-0 up on 11:37 - Jul 28 with 1154 viewsSwailsey

England 1-0 up on 11:27 - Jul 28 by BigCommon

Sorry, what I meant is - any team would be impacted by taking 5 key starters out. Same with England if we lost Kane/Stones/Grealish/Rice.

England 1-0 up on 11:42 - Jul 28 with 1117 viewsthatbdude

England 1-0 up on 10:52 - Jul 28 by Swailsey

very true about the injury situation.

Just got to hope their fit enough for the knock out stages, but its very unluckily

Poll: Who going down?

England 1-0 up on 11:46 - Jul 28 with 1089 viewsiamatractorboy

England 1-0 up on 11:26 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

I think Saturday was Bright's first match in about three months and it shows still. take Walsh out of the midfield and a load of protection goes too. Injuries are a big part of the problem but England look a long way off where they would want to be at the moment.

Against that, they've just beaten a reasonably decent team (that header against the post was lucky) and a lot of the sides in this tournament aren't that good. Very little chance against Germany or the US as things stand.

I stuck a fiver on Spain before the tournament began. Should've beaten England comfortably at the Euros, and that was without their best player who was injured last summer. So far so good...
England 1-0 up on 11:47 - Jul 28 with 1083 viewsSE1blue

England 1-0 up on 11:35 - Jul 28 by Jimmy86

They're all at it! I get sky sports notifications and it reads "Lauren James's STUNNING strike secures England win against Denmark" Stunning? Please...

The Netherlands goal against USA the other day was described as a “screamer” by the BBC.

It was a good grass cutter from the edge of the box but nothing out of this world.

However, men’s football is described in equally stupid exaggeration all the time. Describing players as gods or an opening match commentary that compares the two teams meeting to some huge historic battle… just journalists being journalists in my book.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

England 1-0 up on 12:03 - Jul 28 with 1024 viewsDubtractor

England 1-0 up on 11:47 - Jul 28 by SE1blue

The Netherlands goal against USA the other day was described as a “screamer” by the BBC.

It was a good grass cutter from the edge of the box but nothing out of this world.

However, men’s football is described in equally stupid exaggeration all the time. Describing players as gods or an opening match commentary that compares the two teams meeting to some huge historic battle… just journalists being journalists in my book.

Anyone who heard Clive Tyldesly seemingly ejaculate as he shouted 'Rooney!' Every time he had a shot will know that hyperbole isn't limited to the women's game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024