Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train tomorrow 17:21 - Jul 24 with 2131 viewsdyersdream

I’m thinking of catching train tomorrow to Luton games is there a return bus to ground or is it walkable from station?
Train tomorrow on 17:25 - Jul 24 with 2093 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've walked it before. 20 mins or so.

Edit. Ignore that. I was talking about Kenilworth Road!

I cabbed it to ground before from the Bricklayers Arms. Seemed a bit of a trek and not brilliantly walkable roads.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 17:27]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Train tomorrow on 17:30 - Jul 24 with 2064 viewsDaninthecampo

When it first opened i got a shuttle bus( free by memory) to and from the ground, that's obviously a while ago now but you would assume it's still running
Train tomorrow on 17:39 - Jul 24 with 2024 viewsSWGF

Train tomorrow on 17:25 - Jul 24 by gainsboroughblue

I've walked it before. 20 mins or so.

Edit. Ignore that. I was talking about Kenilworth Road!

I cabbed it to ground before from the Bricklayers Arms. Seemed a bit of a trek and not brilliantly walkable roads.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 17:27]

The walk to the stadium is all residential, straight up Mile End Rd and keep going but it's ALL uphill and it's a fair old slog (couple of miles)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Train tomorrow on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 2001 viewsSWGF

Train tomorrow on 17:30 - Jul 24 by Daninthecampo

When it first opened i got a shuttle bus( free by memory) to and from the ground, that's obviously a while ago now but you would assume it's still running

They stopped that a while ago. It's basically a massive PITA to get to from the town centre now.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Train tomorrow on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 1991 viewsdyersdream

Train tomorrow on 17:30 - Jul 24 by Daninthecampo

Don’t think shuttle bus is available nowadays
Train tomorrow on 17:50 - Jul 24 with 1953 viewsgainsboroughblue

Train tomorrow on 17:39 - Jul 24 by SWGF

The walk to the stadium is all residential, straight up Mile End Rd and keep going but it's ALL uphill and it's a fair old slog (couple of miles)

Memory must be hazy then or cabbie took a different route. I'm sure I recall roads with no pavements. It was definitely a bit hilly in places though!

Edit. I may have also been a bit worse for wear from day drinking.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 17:50]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Train tomorrow on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 1932 viewsSWGF

Train tomorrow on 17:50 - Jul 24 by gainsboroughblue

Memory must be hazy then or cabbie took a different route. I'm sure I recall roads with no pavements. It was definitely a bit hilly in places though!

Yeah, cars can't go all way up Mile End Rd as there's a bus lane and it's far more direct for traffic to go along the new road up to the A12/Northern Gateway.

Walking is a straight (long) line.

Train tomorrow on 18:10 - Jul 24 with 1870 viewsSharkey

I go by bike, but I know quite a few people share a taxi to the game from one of the pubs and walk back into town after the game. As someone here pointed out, it's virtually all downhill on the way back into town.

But you could get the Park and Ride bus. It actually goes pretty much past the ground but (ridiculously) doesn't stop, so you have to walk back across the A12 from the Park and Ride parking. (It's quicker if you exit the car-park at its western end.)

The Park and Ride has a stop pretty much at the bottom of North Hill. My advice would be to get to Colchester in good time, walk towards town and go for a pint in the Victoria Inn or maybe the Marquis of Granby, then pick up the Park and Ride bus near there.

https://bustimes.org/services/pr-colchester-north-park-and-ride-high-street-2

There are other buses that will take you roughly in the right direction and cut down the walk a bit, without actually dropping you off at the door. Come out of the station (on the eastern exit), turn towards town (i.e. right) and immediately cross the road at the roundabout where there's a very obvious bus-stop. Most of the buses head up in the direction of the hospital, which is kind of the right direction.

As I say, after the game I think it's best just to put your head down and walk. Probably takes about 25 minutes to the station.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 18:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Train tomorrow on 18:19 - Jul 24 with 1812 viewsHelp

Link To Col U website and info for fans going to the game.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/july/ipswich-vs-luton-matchday-info/

away fans link about the bus - number 65 which drops you off 10 mins from the stadium

https://www.cu-fc.com/tickets/matchday-travel/
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 18:56]
Train tomorrow on 18:21 - Jul 24 with 1796 viewsSharkey

Train tomorrow on 17:50 - Jul 24 by gainsboroughblue

There's nothing wrong with the pavements these days. The bad bit was the last stretch as you approach the ground heading towards Boxted, but the pavements there have now been widened. Most of the walk up the hill from the station to Myland is very peaceful as no traffic is allowed up that road apart from buses and taxis, and even most buses don't go up there.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 18:30]
Train tomorrow / Pubs on 18:47 - Jul 24 with 1722 viewsLowroadBlue

Going to the Dog and Pheasant hungry horse pub, 10 mins from the station, 25 mins to the ground
Train tomorrow on 18:51 - Jul 24 with 1706 viewsITFC_Forever

Train tomorrow on 17:41 - Jul 24 by SWGF

They stopped that a while ago. It's basically a massive PITA to get to from the town centre now.

It’s going to be a massive PITA for most people going tomorrow night.

Severalls junction and the CUFC junction will be gridlocked and there’s nowhere to park.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Train tomorrow on 18:53 - Jul 24 with 1685 viewsDJR

I'm planning to park at the station and walk, as I'm meeting my son there.. It's about 1.8 miles according to Google Maps.
Train tomorrow on 19:05 - Jul 24 with 1638 viewsSharkey

Train tomorrow on 18:51 - Jul 24 by ITFC_Forever

It’s going to be a massive PITA for most people going tomorrow night.

Severalls junction and the CUFC junction will be gridlocked and there’s nowhere to park.

I don't think the Northern Gateway carpark is full. That and the neighbouring Park & Ride hold quite a few.

https://secure.mipermit.com/northessex/Account/PayAndStayAdd.aspx

In March 2022 when England U20 played at the stadium and the crowd was about 9000 coming from all over the place there was no major problem. (Possibly more cases of 1 adult with three kids in the car, I grant you.)
Train tomorrow / Pubs on 19:11 - Jul 24 with 1611 viewsSharkey

Train tomorrow / Pubs on 18:47 - Jul 24 by LowroadBlue

Going to the Dog and Pheasant hungry horse pub, 10 mins from the station, 25 mins to the ground

It's pretty much exactly half way between the station and the ground, and all the uphill part of the walk is from the station to the pub. You'd certainly be doing very very well to walk there in ten minutes from the station!. It's actually not that far from the end of Boxted Road. I'd say 15/20 minutes from station to pub, 10/15 minutes from pub to ground.
Train tomorrow on 19:14 - Jul 24 with 1593 viewsNumber22

35min walk from North Station to the ground, but I'd just get out and jump in a cab outside, would only be a fiver.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024