Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 04:44 - Jul 16 with 5327 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Genuinely surprised he hasn't signed for anyone yet.
Macauley Bonne on 10:04 - Jul 16 with 4878 viewsNomore4

He’s a forward who doesn’t score goals but demands huge financial reward.
Where is the surprise?
Macauley Bonne on 10:27 - Jul 16 with 4787 viewsSimonds92

Hopefully someone like Orient will give him the chance to kick-start his career, clearly if his head is right he will score a lot of goals at L1 level.
Macauley Bonne on 11:44 - Jul 16 with 4555 viewsdavblue

Macauley Bonne on 10:27 - Jul 16 by Simonds92

Hopefully someone like Orient will give him the chance to kick-start his career, clearly if his head is right he will score a lot of goals at L1 level.

His career since that early spell with us has been on a downward trend.

I wonder if there’s something not quite right behind the scenes but hopefully he gets himself sorted and back into a good head space.
Macauley Bonne on 12:23 - Jul 16 with 4410 viewsjas0999

He’s a good league one player. Suspect that’s the issue though - few clubs will want to pay his wages. Good luck to him though.
Macauley Bonne on 12:34 - Jul 16 with 4358 viewsBigCommon

Tbf it's only a section of Town fans that rate him.
Ask QPR and Charlton fans what they think, from a purely footballing POV. Barring a 2 month spell he had here, during his loan, the goal stats of the last few seasons, don't look great.
Macauley Bonne on 12:37 - Jul 16 with 4329 viewsronnyd

Needs to get his head around the offside laws first.
Macauley Bonne on 12:41 - Jul 16 with 4307 viewsfranz_tyson

Macauley Bonne on 12:23 - Jul 16 by jas0999

He’s a good league one player. Suspect that’s the issue though - few clubs will want to pay his wages. Good luck to him though.

He's not a good L1 player. I'd say lower L1 at best, but probably L2 standard.

He needs to get a club where he's playing every week and feels wanted. I'd rather he focused on his career away from Town and stop all these nonsense tweets trying to ingratiate himself to the club and the fans. That business at Charlton where he got himself in trouble was stupid. Its a short career and just want to see him do the best he can at whatever level he's at. He can be a Town fan/legend after his career.
Macauley Bonne on 12:46 - Jul 16 with 4279 viewstextbackup

Macauley Bonne on 11:44 - Jul 16 by davblue

His career since that early spell with us has been on a downward trend.

I wonder if there’s something not quite right behind the scenes but hopefully he gets himself sorted and back into a good head space.

He’s just got married, I’d say things are looking pretty good for him at the mo

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 15:06 - Jul 16 with 3864 viewstractorboy1978

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Colchester.
Macauley Bonne on 15:20 - Jul 16 with 3792 viewsJ2BLUE

I wonder if coming here did him more harm than good. He made no secret of his love for the club and then went to Charlton where he liked the social media post. I wonder if clubs are asking themselves if they would get the best Bonne when he clearly didn't get his very much desired move here. Can see why a few might look at the outlay it would take and decide it's not worth the risk.

Hopefully that's all rubbish and he has something lined up or he will get a decent league one club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Macauley Bonne on 15:31 - Jul 16 with 3760 viewsSharkey

Macauley Bonne on 15:06 - Jul 16 by tractorboy1978

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Colchester.

I think somewhere like Stevenage is more likely. It''s difficult to go back to somewhere where you didn't quite 'cut it'.
Macauley Bonne on 15:35 - Jul 16 with 3733 viewstractorboy1978

Macauley Bonne on 15:20 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

I wonder if coming here did him more harm than good. He made no secret of his love for the club and then went to Charlton where he liked the social media post. I wonder if clubs are asking themselves if they would get the best Bonne when he clearly didn't get his very much desired move here. Can see why a few might look at the outlay it would take and decide it's not worth the risk.

Hopefully that's all rubbish and he has something lined up or he will get a decent league one club.

From what I heard, he has no intention or desire to play anywhere that he can’t commute to from Ipswich which limits his options.
Macauley Bonne on 19:34 - Jul 16 with 3181 viewsDevereuxxx

I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want anything but the best for Bonne. His first 3-4 months here were great, he scored a good amount of goals for the club during that time and it allowed the fans to connect with a team who were almost all totally new signings. Then came the change of manager and a completely different system which didn't suit his playing style. He's said in interviews before there were some off the field issues as well. Both parties shook hands and he went back to QPR. It's a shame he hasn't been able to settle anywhere since.

Best of luck to the lad, hopefully he can find a club in League One/Two, get settled and starting hitting the back of net again.
Macauley Bonne on 19:45 - Jul 16 with 3141 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I'm serious about this:

Any team who signs Macauley Bonne should stump up a bit more and bring in Francis Jeffers as striker coach.

Whatever he did with Macauley through the week paid massive dividends during matches.
Macauley Bonne on 19:55 - Jul 16 with 3101 viewsSwansea_Blue

Macauley Bonne on 19:45 - Jul 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

I'm serious about this:

Any team who signs Macauley Bonne should stump up a bit more and bring in Francis Jeffers as striker coach.

Whatever he did with Macauley through the week paid massive dividends during matches.

It was certainly an anomalous 1/2 season in his career. He’s only ever been prolific in a couple of seasons in non-league. But for a while he looked lethal for us. A real enigma. I hope he can re-find the magic somewhere.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Macauley Bonne on 20:05 - Jul 16 with 3050 viewsdavblue

Macauley Bonne on 12:46 - Jul 16 by textbackup

He’s just got married, I’d say things are looking pretty good for him at the mo

Good news, hope his career picks up as he's not had a good 18 months now.
Macauley Bonne on 21:05 - Jul 16 with 2894 viewsVic

Macauley Bonne on 19:45 - Jul 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

I'm serious about this:

THAT goal against MK Dons. Oh my word!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Macauley Bonne on 04:18 - Jul 17 with 2606 viewsPerublue

THAT ball stealing moment off the Wendy keeper whilst shushing the crowd with his hand will rightly always be remembered as his epitath.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 4:19]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Macauley Bonne on 08:08 - Jul 17 with 2331 viewsMuncher

Macauley Bonne on 15:35 - Jul 16 by tractorboy1978

From what I heard, he has no intention or desire to play anywhere that he can’t commute to from Ipswich which limits his options.

I assume that’s right as I heard he turned down an incredibly lucrative overseas deal recently.
Macauley Bonne on 18:08 - Jul 17 with 1911 viewsPioneerBlue

Good luck wherever he ends up. He gave everything for ITFC, at times this great and the goals flowed, at others it was a bit of a slog.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024