Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memberships 19:13 - Jul 10 with 3076 viewsstevec7

What are the club doing re Memberships? Hold a Silver Membership at the moment but no news on website about what is happening and it is now July 10th. Anybody know what is going on?
Memberships on 20:26 - Jul 10 with 2951 viewsJ2BLUE

It's ridiculous. Surely it doesn't take this long. The only thing I can think of is that they might be waiting for Town TV so they can increase prices and include some access.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Memberships on 20:31 - Jul 10 with 2921 viewsSheffordBlue

Memberships on 20:26 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

It's ridiculous. Surely it doesn't take this long. The only thing I can think of is that they might be waiting for Town TV so they can increase prices and include some access.

I think it's probably something like that or that they want to get the App out there before they bring it in as that's linked somehow.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Memberships on 20:36 - Jul 10 with 2909 viewstextbackup

Memberships on 20:26 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Probably waiting to release the info same day as a big signing…

Because you just know when the announce gold cards capped at 4K, and will be offered on a loyalty basis up to now, that it will go off!!

All the Johnny comes latelys giving it the big one, wanting a norwich ticket
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 20:37]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Memberships on 20:45 - Jul 10 with 2846 viewsJ2BLUE

Memberships on 20:36 - Jul 10 by textbackup

Because you just know when the announce gold cards capped at 4K, and will be offered on a loyalty basis up to now, that it will go off!!

Is that inside info or speculation on the 4k? I'm sure they will cap them. That seems high thought. 2000 pissed off gold card holders without a Norwich ticket.

The number of silver cards will be interesting as they get priority over gold for home tickets. Or did previously.

Truly impaired.

Memberships on 21:09 - Jul 10 with 2762 viewstextbackup

Memberships on 20:45 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Is that inside info or speculation on the 4k? I'm sure they will cap them. That seems high thought. 2000 pissed off gold card holders without a Norwich ticket.

The number of silver cards will be interesting as they get priority over gold for home tickets. Or did previously.

That was a random number.

Just thought they’d possibly have it at that number, then do the ‘caps’ system for games like norwich (7 away games for example)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Memberships on 21:49 - Jul 10 with 2624 viewsParisBlue

To get a gold card you had to be a season ticket holder, so for home matches the gold card allowed you an extra ticket. So rightly behind silver card members.

The silver card membership was good for anyone not local to Ipswich. I do hope that's reflected in whatever changes are going to be made.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Memberships on 21:57 - Jul 10 with 2569 viewsJ2BLUE

Memberships on 21:49 - Jul 10 by ParisBlue

To get a gold card you had to be a season ticket holder, so for home matches the gold card allowed you an extra ticket. So rightly behind silver card members.

The silver card membership was good for anyone not local to Ipswich. I do hope that's reflected in whatever changes are going to be made.

Yep.

For Norwich at home I doubt they will even get to general sale so i'm hoping they think carefully about how many memberships they sell.

Truly impaired.

Memberships on 22:05 - Jul 10 with 2545 viewsDinDjarin

Memberships on 21:57 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Yep.

For Norwich at home I doubt they will even get to general sale so i'm hoping they think carefully about how many memberships they sell.

If it does not make general sale because silver or gold members buy them all then I have no problem with that.

Stick ya money into the club with memberships then you should be rewarded.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 22:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Memberships on 22:11 - Jul 10 with 2501 viewsJ2BLUE

Memberships on 22:05 - Jul 10 by DinDjarin

If it does not make general sale because silver or gold members buy them all then I have no problem with that.

Stick ya money into the club with memberships then you should be rewarded.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 22:05]

Completely agree. Just thinking out loud really.

Capacity 29000

ST holders 22000

Away fans 2000

That leaves 5000 so no good selling 10,000 silver cards for example.

I'm sure they have put a lot of thought into it and it will be fine.

Truly impaired.

Memberships on 07:55 - Jul 11 with 2246 viewsStewart27

I hope for the sake of loyal away fans that they do this. I am a ST holder and unable to go to many away games due to family commitments but I’d have no issue for the proper hardcore to get priority.
Memberships on 12:37 - Jul 11 with 2013 viewstractorshark

Memberships on 22:11 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Capacity 29000

ST holders 22000

Away fans 2000

Unfortunately some fans are fickle.
If we’re mid-table or low table, there will be no problems getting home or away tickets.
Unless it’s Norwich or London.
Memberships on 12:50 - Jul 11 with 1944 viewsKieran_Knows

My guess is it'll be a complete new membership system with all current Ultimate/Gold & Silver cards scrapped.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Memberships on 13:10 - Jul 11 with 1858 viewsITFC_Forever

Memberships on 12:50 - Jul 11 by Kieran_Knows

My guess is it'll be a complete new membership system with all current Ultimate/Gold & Silver cards scrapped.

MA said at the forum in April there will be some changes, but not a complete overhaul.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Memberships on 13:54 - Jul 11 with 1753 viewsVaughan8

Memberships on 22:11 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Capacity 29000

ST holders 22000

Away fans 2000

Are they going to care that much about how many silver members there are. Not all of them will be able to make it etc each game. Surely they'll just sell as many as they can?

Edit: Just to add, I think if you don't have a membership, you're going to struggle to get tickets....
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 14:00]
Memberships on 14:04 - Jul 11 with 1710 viewsJ2BLUE

Memberships on 13:54 - Jul 11 by Vaughan8

Are they going to care that much about how many silver members there are. Not all of them will be able to make it etc each game. Surely they'll just sell as many as they can?

Edit: Just to add, I think if you don't have a membership, you're going to struggle to get tickets....

Possibly not.

Kind of defeats the point of the silver card though if having one doesn't give you a good chance of a ticket. There's not a massive amount of 'spare' seats once you account for ST holders, away games, tickets for staff/family/friends, segregation etc. Probably 5000 max.

I'm sure it's a fine balance between maximising income and not pissing too many people off. Same with gold cards. If we're going to get 2000 away tickets to most games and they sell 5000 there's going to be a problem.

The main thing they need to do is change the current system where members can buy an additional 4 home tickets per membership.

Truly impaired.

Memberships on 14:07 - Jul 11 with 1696 viewsVaughan8

Memberships on 14:04 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Possibly not.

Kind of defeats the point of the silver card though if having one doesn't give you a good chance of a ticket. There's not a massive amount of 'spare' seats once you account for ST holders, away games, tickets for staff/family/friends, segregation etc. Probably 5000 max.

I'm sure it's a fine balance between maximising income and not pissing too many people off. Same with gold cards. If we're going to get 2000 away tickets to most games and they sell 5000 there's going to be a problem.

The main thing they need to do is change the current system where members can buy an additional 4 home tickets per membership.

Agreed. The old system is never going to work re ST holders getting 4 extra tickets.

Also agree re memberships but I'm guessing its the same at any well supported club.

Even last season, non-ST holders/members had to plan ahead and be on there for the general sale or you'd be left with Restricted view seats by the evening. I'm used to the Mick era where you could by some Friday night for the Saturday haha

I'm fully prepared I will probably need to purchase a membership this season to have any chance of tickets!
Memberships on 14:11 - Jul 11 with 1679 viewsJ2BLUE

Memberships on 14:07 - Jul 11 by Vaughan8

Agreed. The old system is never going to work re ST holders getting 4 extra tickets.

Also agree re memberships but I'm guessing its the same at any well supported club.

Even last season, non-ST holders/members had to plan ahead and be on there for the general sale or you'd be left with Restricted view seats by the evening. I'm used to the Mick era where you could by some Friday night for the Saturday haha

I'm fully prepared I will probably need to purchase a membership this season to have any chance of tickets!

Same here. Happy to buy a membership and don't really care if they remove things like the free ticket to maximise revenue.

It's great isn't it? A complete 180 from the Evans era.

Truly impaired.

Memberships on 14:12 - Jul 11 with 1666 viewsTractorgirlforever

Memberships on 21:49 - Jul 10 by ParisBlue

I live in derby and rely heavily on my silver membership!. It will be didappointing if i cant get one for this season.
Memberships on 14:12 - Jul 11 with 1666 viewstractorshark

Memberships on 13:54 - Jul 11 by Vaughan8

Agree. I’d be very surprised if they capped Silver membership.
Not everyone can attend and there’s no guarantee of tickets anyway.
They may consider it for Gold Card but more likely they will try to close the loophole allowing people to offer their number to others.
The problem last season was Gold Card membership was cheap enough for people to purchase it for one or two games. The rest of the time some of those numbers were passed on so people could jump the queue ahead of us Silver members.
I don’t begrudge any Town fan finding a way of getting tickets but, without trying to sound like a moany old git, I am a little miffed I’m losing out on away days to a bunch of glory hunters who will naff off the minute our upward curve starts to flatten out.
Seen it in the 90s, seen it the 2000s, the wheel will unfortunately turn for the worse at some point but the likes of me will still be there.
But obviously right now it’s great for the club and filling Portman Road and our away allocations is clearly a positive thing.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 14:31]
Memberships on 14:20 - Jul 11 with 1615 viewsVaughan8

Memberships on 14:11 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Same here. Happy to buy a membership and don't really care if they remove things like the free ticket to maximise revenue.

It's great isn't it? A complete 180 from the Evans era.

Yes. Give me this any time over the dark Evans days, despite the rush for tickets!
Memberships on 15:28 - Jul 11 with 1514 viewsStu_boy

How did silver card holders get priority for home tickets when you had to have a season ticket to qualify for a gold card? Unless you meant additional tkts?
Memberships on 15:41 - Jul 11 with 1488 viewsJ2BLUE

Memberships on 15:28 - Jul 11 by Stu_boy

How did silver card holders get priority for home tickets when you had to have a season ticket to qualify for a gold card? Unless you meant additional tkts?

Yes additional home tickets. It went:

Ultimate
Silver
Gold
General sale

Truly impaired.

Memberships on 16:02 - Jul 11 with 1454 viewsStu_boy

Memberships on 15:41 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

Yes additional home tickets. It went:

Ultimate
Silver
Gold
General sale

Ah didn pay any attention to it tbh as i didnt need to get additional tkts generally, interesting to know though as i would have thought season ticket holders with a gold card would have had priority over those with a silver card
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024