Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New keeper question 20:47 - Jul 8 with 3195 viewsEssexBloo

He’s gone from 3rd/4th choice at the richest club in the world to join us to be 2nd/3rd choice keeper.
I would guess we wouldn’t have offered more money than he’s already on so what’s the incentive to join us? Has Ashton sold him the dream?
New keeper question on 20:57 - Jul 8 with 3108 viewsArnieM

Possibly but also the dream of becoming number 1 in the not too distant future perhaps. Hladky seems happy to coast to me.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

New keeper question on 21:01 - Jul 8 with 3082 viewsSheffordBlue

New keeper question on 20:57 - Jul 8 by ArnieM

Possibly but also the dream of becoming number 1 in the not too distant future perhaps. Hladky seems happy to coast to me.

I think Hladky only has a year left on his contract so No 2 next summer and dependent on his progression/interest in Walton he could end up No 1 pretty quickly. At City they'll just keep buying in new No 1s.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

New keeper question on 21:03 - Jul 8 with 3058 viewsOwainG1992

New keeper question on 21:01 - Jul 8 by SheffordBlue

I think Hladky only has a year left on his contract so No 2 next summer and dependent on his progression/interest in Walton he could end up No 1 pretty quickly. At City they'll just keep buying in new No 1s.

If he progresses like Trafford then we'll have some talent.
When you think about the younger players we've brought in like Clarke and Davis under McKenna I reckon there is reason to be excited.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

New keeper question on 21:06 - Jul 8 with 3042 viewsBarcaBlue

New keeper question on 20:57 - Jul 8 by ArnieM

What have you seen that makes you believe Hladky is "coasting"? I'm not even sure what that means really.
New keeper question on 21:07 - Jul 8 with 3036 viewsJakeITFC

They probably have about 10 keepers on their books - he’s a long way from their first team squad and their best youth keeper just saved a penalty in the Euro U21s final and is linked with a £16m move to Burnley.

So realistically he’s gone from 6th or 7th choice to 2nd or 3rd, I imagine he’s on similar money here as he was there.
New keeper question on 21:24 - Jul 8 with 2929 viewsVaughan8

Hes not in the top 4 (Ederson, Steffen, Ortega, Carson) so even if he's the next best, he's 5th.

He is NEVER going to get a game for City, he's probably realised that. 3rd goalie here isn't going to be much football in the first team initially, but might make a few benches etc.

He didn't make a league appearance for Rochdale last season so that tells you what you need to know. Hes probably not ready for the first team yet.
New keeper question on 21:25 - Jul 8 with 2928 viewsFreddies_Ears

New keeper question on 21:07 - Jul 8 by JakeITFC

They probably have about 10 keepers on their books - he’s a long way from their first team squad and their best youth keeper just saved a penalty in the Euro U21s final and is linked with a £16m move to Burnley.

So realistically he’s gone from 6th or 7th choice to 2nd or 3rd, I imagine he’s on similar money here as he was there.

And. He has worked with Richard Wright for ages.. and he's a confident lad, as his chats last night showed (I was quite impressed with the way he came across to me). I suspect, as others have suggested, he comes in as no 3, but with a pathway to 2 and maybe 1, in the foreseeable future.
New keeper question on 21:35 - Jul 8 with 2865 viewsPioneerBlue

I dare say, coming from ManCity he will be good with his feet. He will probably offer good cover across a range of positions :)

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Login to get fewer ads

New keeper question on 21:39 - Jul 8 with 2847 viewsWicklowBlue

Squad manipulation... Good pedigree, doesn't count towards the first team numbers. Young and room to grow, knows Rene and has trained with the best. Good signing, and apparently good with the ball at his feet. Very much one for the future. What's not to like here?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 21:40]
New keeper question on 22:10 - Jul 8 with 2735 viewsronnyd

New keeper question on 21:06 - Jul 8 by BarcaBlue

What have you seen that makes you believe Hladky is "coasting"? I'm not even sure what that means really.

Is that where you jump off rocks into the sea?
New keeper question on 23:53 - Jul 8 with 2562 viewsEpiphone

New keeper question on 21:39 - Jul 8 by WicklowBlue

Squad manipulation... Good pedigree, doesn't count towards the first team numbers. Young and room to grow, knows Rene and has trained with the best. Good signing, and apparently good with the ball at his feet. Very much one for the future. What's not to like here?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 21:40]

Exactly this 👍
New keeper question on 00:20 - Jul 9 with 2499 viewscharlie1

You’d have to think the NZ Under 21 goalie we signed at the start of the summer would be pretty miffed by this.
Would probably have hoped to be around the first team squad himself.
New keeper question on 08:47 - Jul 9 with 2000 viewsArnieM

New keeper question on 21:06 - Jul 8 by BarcaBlue

Well I haven’t seen anything. But surely any player would want to be playing wouldn’t he? And if a player isn’t, surely he would be looking to move on to get those games. If a player isn’t looking to move in having spent most if his time on the bench , then I would think it’s fair to assume that player is coasting. What other conclusion is there?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

New keeper question on 08:58 - Jul 9 with 1948 viewsAlberto_the_frog

New keeper question on 08:47 - Jul 9 by ArnieM

Well I haven’t seen anything. But surely any player would want to be playing wouldn’t he? And if a player isn’t, surely he would be looking to move on to get those games. If a player isn’t looking to move in having spent most if his time on the bench , then I would think it’s fair to assume that player is coasting. What other conclusion is there?

It is rather different with keepers where there is only one position they can play and the first choice can play all season with less chance of injury (unless there is a collision). I think if McK didn't like his attitude, he wouldn't have rewarded him, unnecessarily, with minutes in the Exeter game.
New keeper question on 12:29 - Jul 9 with 1735 viewsNutkins_Return

New keeper question on 00:20 - Jul 9 by charlie1

You’d have to think the NZ Under 21 goalie we signed at the start of the summer would be pretty miffed by this.
Would probably have hoped to be around the first team squad himself.

Partly why I do wonder whether Slicker may end up number 2 this season if Hladky goes. Most likely of course a season as 3. 2 good your keeper prospects added to battle. Great stuff.

The comment amount Hladky coasting is so unfair. He's been excellent in the cup games he played, clearly kept himself sharp and he wanted to move last summer and came close so he clearly has ambition to play which I like.

The only word that comes to mind is he's been very professional.
New keeper question on 16:19 - Jul 9 with 1571 viewsNomore4

Lol 6th or 7th choice? He’s made a Pep bench on a number of occasions including the Champions league. The other 5 must of been unavailable?
New keeper question on 16:49 - Jul 9 with 1520 views2-5-7

On my last count unless I've missed some departures we have 9 goalies on the books - 1 of whom is now out on loan in Danny Cullum.

So seems we are also banking up the goalkeeping options pretty strongly as we filter the chaff from the wheat so to speak.
New keeper question on 20:10 - Jul 9 with 1393 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bigger fish in a smaller pond that may give him a chance of a competitive game in the not too distant future (cups). And who knows, if he comes on quickly he’s got more of a chance of being number 1 here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New keeper question on 20:25 - Jul 9 with 1359 viewsVaughan8

New keeper question on 16:19 - Jul 9 by Nomore4

Lol 6th or 7th choice? He’s made a Pep bench on a number of occasions including the Champions league. The other 5 must of been unavailable?

Take the point but he's been on the bench when another goalie has been on the bench too and probably when another one has been injured as max he is 4th choice with a few others (Trafford) out on loan. So he probably is about 6th choice?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024