Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) 11:12 - Jul 1 with 3666 viewsOldsmoker

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:21 - Jul 7 with 928 viewsPerublue

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:18 - Jul 7 by Oldsmoker

The last stage of his last tour.
Paris would be the last chance saloon.
Philipsen is Belgique and beat Mark on this stage so I wonder if he is trying to stop Mark getting the record as Eddie Merckx was Belgique too.

Edit: Mark already has the record - along with Eddie Merckx.
When I said the record I meant that he would be the GOAT bar none.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 16:21]

That would not surprise me if there was a %age of truth no matter the size in that mate.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 16:22]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:34 - Jul 7 with 910 viewsOldsmoker

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:21 - Jul 7 by Perublue

That would not surprise me if there was a %age of truth no matter the size in that mate.

Stage 11 next Wednesday is the next sprint stage.
Fingers crossed Mark is still in the tour.
Sundays stage is in the mountains but its only the last climb to the finish which is HC that's the killer. They expect it to take 4 and a half hours.

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:40 - Jul 7 with 905 viewsVegtablue

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:21 - Jul 7 by Perublue

He wants to avoid winning too many or he may become a risk to the record himself 😜

Think Cav identified 5 winnable stages before the start of the tour and we've now had 3, really hoping that wasn't the moment!
Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 19:24 - Jul 7 with 865 viewsstonojnr

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:40 - Jul 7 by Vegtablue

He wants to avoid winning too many or he may become a risk to the record himself 😜

Think Cav identified 5 winnable stages before the start of the tour and we've now had 3, really hoping that wasn't the moment!

There are 3 left inc Paris, stage 11 and stage 19 are the two they'll try to target, then it's the Champs.

Hopefully they fix his bike by then,but then I've always thought wireless groupsets are a recipe for disaster.
Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 19:38 - Jul 7 with 859 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m going to be close to Mont Ventoux in August. What’s the chance of a 10kg overweight, unfit 52 year old who hasn’t been on his bike since being in France last August getting up it? Nah, thought not. I’ll probably drive up though. Wouldn’t mind seeing Simpson’s memorial even if he was a silly boy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 14:48 - Jul 8 with 825 viewsstonojnr

Cav abandon :(

such an innocuous moment, peloton rolling along nicely, a coming together bump up front, cascades as a ripple effect through the whole bunch, and Cav ends up on the deck with broken shoulder.
Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:05 - Jul 8 with 785 viewsOldsmoker

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 14:48 - Jul 8 by stonojnr

such an innocuous moment, peloton rolling along nicely, a coming together bump up front, cascades as a ripple effect through the whole bunch, and Cav ends up on the deck with broken shoulder.

Agree.
Cav wouldn't have expected that so didn't have time to brace himself for a crash.
End of an era.
Not getting his 35th stage win does not diminish his achievements at all.

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 17:56 - Jul 8 with 758 viewsTractorWood

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 16:05 - Jul 8 by Oldsmoker

Agree.
Cav wouldn't have expected that so didn't have time to brace himself for a crash.
End of an era.
Not getting his 35th stage win does not diminish his achievements at all.

Incredible career. Seems a thoroughly decent guy too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 18:29 - Jul 8 with 748 viewsronnyd

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 17:56 - Jul 8 by TractorWood

Incredible career. Seems a thoroughly decent guy too.

Think that he has mellowed a bit with age.
Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 20:10 - Jul 8 with 739 viewsOldsmoker

If Peter Sagan (another of my fav riders) hadn't done this in 2017 Cav might have already got his 35th stage win. Cav suffered a broken collarbone in the crash and retired from the race. The slo-mo shows another rider riding over Cav while he's on the ground.

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 20:26 - Jul 8 with 733 viewsSwansea_Blue

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 14:48 - Jul 8 by stonojnr

Harsh innit. The dice not rolling his way today.

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 20:29 - Jul 8 with 724 viewsSwansea_Blue

Le Tour de France commence aujourd'hui (n/t) on 20:10 - Jul 8 by Oldsmoker

If Peter Sagan (another of my fav riders) hadn't done this in 2017 Cav might have already got his 35th stage win. Cav suffered a broken collarbone in the crash and retired from the race. The slo-mo shows another rider riding over Cav while he's on the ground.

Total w&nker. Should have been given a lengthy ban for endangering the safety of other riders.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024