Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched Town in 25 again last night. 16:48 - Jun 29 with 3470 viewsIllinoisblue

Still laughing at the booing of the pitch invasion. Deary me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 16:58 - Jun 29 with 2476 viewsSitfcB

We will always be in the banter era because of stuff like that.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 18:02 - Jun 29 with 2436 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 16:58 - Jun 29 by SitfcB

We will always be in the banter era because of stuff like that.

Can’t recall if it was on here or twitter where people seemed genuinely concerned about a possible points deduction for a pitch invasion, despite that never happening ever.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 07:37 - Jun 30 with 2237 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I booed. I also chanted off, off ,off. along with thousands of others. Reason was simple, we all wanted to see the players do a lap of honour, which could only take place with a cleared pitch, and was clearly explained over the tannoy before the end of the game. In other words, I wanted everyone in the stadium to be able to enjoy the moment of success with the players, and that is what happened as soon as the pitch was cleared. Guess you had to be there to fully understand the moment.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 07:45 - Jun 30 with 2200 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 07:37 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

I booed. I also chanted off, off ,off. along with thousands of others. Reason was simple, we all wanted to see the players do a lap of honour, which could only take place with a cleared pitch, and was clearly explained over the tannoy before the end of the game. In other words, I wanted everyone in the stadium to be able to enjoy the moment of success with the players, and that is what happened as soon as the pitch was cleared. Guess you had to be there to fully understand the moment.

It happened though, without you needing to boo and chant off off off.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 08:04 - Jun 30 with 2186 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 07:45 - Jun 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

It happened though, without you needing to boo and chant off off off.

What happened?
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 08:58 - Jun 30 with 2131 viewsBondiBlue

Is there a way i can block certain topics?

Sorry but the booing was pathetic and made me a bit sad.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:07 - Jun 30 with 2117 viewsbluejacko

Did anyone notice the pitch invasions at ALL of the clubs that got promoted?
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:22 - Jun 30 with 2094 viewsJackSted

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:07 - Jun 30 by bluejacko

Did anyone notice the pitch invasions at ALL of the clubs that got promoted?

Only exception was Sheffield United I think

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Login to get fewer ads

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:25 - Jun 30 with 2080 viewsSharkey

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:22 - Jun 30 by JackSted

Only exception was Sheffield United I think

On the other hand, Orient did two.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:33 - Jun 30 with 2045 viewstrncbluearmy

A right of passage ruined by new wave soccer supporters

The only low point of the season,hope it is never repeated
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 9:33]
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:35 - Jun 30 with 2030 viewsHerbivore

Incredibly, some on here have even called for prison sentences for people going on a bit of grass usually reserved for sport. Madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:38 - Jun 30 with 2012 viewscharlie1

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 18:02 - Jun 29 by Illinoisblue

Can’t recall if it was on here or twitter where people seemed genuinely concerned about a possible points deduction for a pitch invasion, despite that never happening ever.

Didn’t do any actual research before making that statement then?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/football/melbourne-victory-record-sanctions-f

“But it’s Australia”
“But the points deduction is suspended”

Bit sad that people put their own personal ‘Ooh look at meeeeee!’ moment ahead of the interest of the club.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:40 - Jun 30 with 2003 viewsSkip_Intro

do we really need to drag all this up again - it was boring enough the first time around and the two opposing viewpoints will never change...
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:44 - Jun 30 with 1992 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 08:58 - Jun 30 by BondiBlue

Is there a way i can block certain topics?

Sorry but the booing was pathetic and made me a bit sad.

I think the booing was commensurate with the actions of the few, who selfishly ignored the requests of the club by invading the pitch, thereby delaying the players' lap of honour. Why did the invaders leave the pitch? The simple answer is that the will of the majority won the moment with their booing and the chanting.

I don't have a problem with any of that, and certainly don't find it sad or pathetic, but perhaps I am missing your point.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:59 - Jun 30 with 1956 viewsFunge

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:44 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

I think the booing was commensurate with the actions of the few, who selfishly ignored the requests of the club by invading the pitch, thereby delaying the players' lap of honour. Why did the invaders leave the pitch? The simple answer is that the will of the majority won the moment with their booing and the chanting.

I don't have a problem with any of that, and certainly don't find it sad or pathetic, but perhaps I am missing your point.

I mean, as supporters of this silly football club, we just had something to celebrate for the first time in 20 years - that some people's response to others celebrating this was to loudly boo - yeah, weird.

Bit sad that when we look back at the videos of our first promotion in over a generation, we'll all see the final whistle greeted by booing. Bit gloomy really.

No one got banned, no celebrations curtailed, no points were deducted....

Hopefully we'll be having this same argument in May next year.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 10:29 - Jun 30 with 1908 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:59 - Jun 30 by Funge

I mean, as supporters of this silly football club, we just had something to celebrate for the first time in 20 years - that some people's response to others celebrating this was to loudly boo - yeah, weird.

Bit sad that when we look back at the videos of our first promotion in over a generation, we'll all see the final whistle greeted by booing. Bit gloomy really.

No one got banned, no celebrations curtailed, no points were deducted....

Hopefully we'll be having this same argument in May next year.

If we were booing them celebrating, why did the booing stop when they got back in the stands? Surely, we were not booing that they were celebrating, but where they chose to do it, especially after being requested by the cub not to. The final whistle was not greeted with booing, but the pitch invaders were. Anyone watching the video back should be able to comprehend the difference.

If we attempt to get the facts right, the conclusions become more logical too. Anything else is yeah, weird.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:00 - Jun 30 with 1805 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 08:04 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

What happened?

The players did a lap of honour. Prizes were awarded. Nothing got curtailed.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:01 - Jun 30 with 1799 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:44 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

Hahahahahahaah. You think the fans left the pitch because you booed?!?!?

You're a hero.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:04 - Jun 30 with 1790 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:38 - Jun 30 by charlie1

Didn’t do any actual research before making that statement then?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/football/melbourne-victory-record-sanctions-f

“But it’s Australia”
“But the points deduction is suspended”

Bit sad that people put their own personal ‘Ooh look at meeeeee!’ moment ahead of the interest of the club.

You daft sod. Can’t believe what I’ve just read.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:07 - Jun 30 with 1775 viewsFunge

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 10:29 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

If we were booing them celebrating, why did the booing stop when they got back in the stands? Surely, we were not booing that they were celebrating, but where they chose to do it, especially after being requested by the cub not to. The final whistle was not greeted with booing, but the pitch invaders were. Anyone watching the video back should be able to comprehend the difference.

If we attempt to get the facts right, the conclusions become more logical too. Anything else is yeah, weird.

More the fact that people felt the need to boo, at all.

Some people ran on the pitch. The negative consequences of this? Absolutely none.

Boo, indeed.
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:49 - Jun 30 with 1721 viewsBondiBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 09:33 - Jun 30 by trncbluearmy

A right of passage ruined by new wave soccer supporters

The only low point of the season,hope it is never repeated
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 9:33]

Frankfurtblue this is basically my point.

I'd just add that it has been amazing to see (from afar) the fanbase so united for the first time in years. And then it's very publicly divided over something so silly. Embarrassing.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:50 - Jun 30 with 1722 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:07 - Jun 30 by Funge

More the fact that people felt the need to boo, at all.

Some people ran on the pitch. The negative consequences of this? Absolutely none.

Boo, indeed.

People boo to show their displeasure with something.

What would have been the consequences had they remained on the pitch?
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:50 - Jun 30 with 1721 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:00 - Jun 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

The players did a lap of honour. Prizes were awarded. Nothing got curtailed.

Sorry, I don't have access to your parallel universe. What would have happened, if the invaders had stayed on the pitch? The club seemed quite clear on their stance.

Would the invaders have left the pitch without everyone booing and shouting at them? Give us the benefit of your insight....why did they leave the pitch?
Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 14:23 - Jun 30 with 1683 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 13:50 - Jun 30 by FrankfurtBlue

Sorry, I don't have access to your parallel universe. What would have happened, if the invaders had stayed on the pitch? The club seemed quite clear on their stance.

Would the invaders have left the pitch without everyone booing and shouting at them? Give us the benefit of your insight....why did they leave the pitch?

Um, it's you who's in the parallel universe. I'm talking about what actually happened, not what might have happened.

You think people jumping around celebrating are bothered by a few numpties booing? They thought, "Oh actually they have a point, aren't we silly, we didn't realise until they started booing, best we leave now."?!

To my mind it was a combination of they'd had their fun, it was fizzling out naturally, and the stewards were moving across asking them to leave. In fact if I didn't know better the whole thing looked orchestrated. The police congregated in the corner rather than spreading across and forming a barrier. And then the fans were allowed back into their seats; I didn't see anyone getting arrested.

Watched Town in 25 again last night. on 14:31 - Jun 30 with 1670 viewsTown_Boy

Who gives a fcuk! 🥱

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024