Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second Test Day Two 11:15 - Jun 29 with 2966 viewsbluewein

Big start. Early wicket...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Second Test Day Two on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 1617 viewsSteve_M

Nice to come out of a meeting and check the score and see two wickets.

Smith still in though, funny innings from him getting to 30 rapidly and then playing circumspectly since.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Second Test Day Two on 11:53 - Jun 29 with 1578 viewsbluewein

Second Test Day Two on 11:37 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Nice to come out of a meeting and check the score and see two wickets.

Smith still in though, funny innings from him getting to 30 rapidly and then playing circumspectly since.

Think he came out swashbuckling just to say "Whatcha gonna do then?" and made everyone think "Ahh crap. Smith's on one again." It's worked very well. Annoyingly brilliant is the only way to describe him...

Second Test Day Two on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 1550 viewsbluewein

Smith gone. Now just bowl like you're against the batters in the world again instead of clever bouncing out to funky fields...

Second Test Day Two on 12:09 - Jun 29 with 1548 viewsSteve_M

Second Test Day Two on 12:08 - Jun 29 by bluewein

Smith gone. Now just bowl like you're against the batters in the world again instead of clever bouncing out to funky fields...

Had England not bowled like dicks yesterday and given Australia 70-odd easy runs it might look quite interesting with the weather improving this afternoon.

Second Test Day Two on 12:11 - Jun 29 with 1543 viewsSteve_M

Second Test Day Two on 12:35 - Jun 29 with 1505 viewsbluewein

Second Test Day Two on 12:09 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Had England not bowled like dicks yesterday and given Australia 70-odd easy runs it might look quite interesting with the weather improving this afternoon.

Ironically all out having added 77 runs this morning. Probably 100 more runs than should have been allowed. Not sure I've got the faith we can get near that unless one of Duckett or Crawley get a good start...

Second Test Day Two on 12:42 - Jun 29 with 1480 viewsCoastalblue

Second Test Day Two on 12:35 - Jun 29 by bluewein

Ironically all out having added 77 runs this morning. Probably 100 more runs than should have been allowed. Not sure I've got the faith we can get near that unless one of Duckett or Crawley get a good start...

The sun shines we'll get 450+ I believe, if it doesn't it might get a bit squeaky.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Second Test Day Two on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 1413 viewsSaleAway

Cracking first hour after lunch. Openers batting sensibly, but scoring 5 an over without too much trouble. Pitch looks awesome for batting now, with little movement in the air or off the seam. England's biggest opening partnership at home in ashes for 10 years, to give it some context. Be nice if we could nail them down now, and have these 2 both go big.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

Second Test Day Two on 14:48 - Jun 29 with 1406 viewsSaleAway

Second Test Day Two on 14:45 - Jun 29 by SaleAway

Cracking first hour after lunch. Openers batting sensibly, but scoring 5 an over without too much trouble. Pitch looks awesome for batting now, with little movement in the air or off the seam. England's biggest opening partnership at home in ashes for 10 years, to give it some context. Be nice if we could nail them down now, and have these 2 both go big.

FFS.

Second Test Day Two on 14:52 - Jun 29 with 1396 viewsCoastalblue

Second Test Day Two on 14:48 - Jun 29 by SaleAway

FFS.

That's on you that is

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Second Test Day Two on 14:54 - Jun 29 with 1393 viewsRyorry

Second Test Day Two on 12:09 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Did they get a slating in the press for yesterday? And/or maybe England coaches; and/or knew themselves. Good to see a reaction anyway.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Second Test Day Two on 14:55 - Jun 29 with 1388 viewsgainsboroughblue

So infuriating from Crawley that. Good start, on top and then an absolute gift of a wicket. We could have just milked this bowling while still scoring 4-5 an over.

Entertaining yes, aggressive yes, but we play some really dumb stuff at times.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Second Test Day Two on 14:56 - Jun 29 with 1387 viewsfarkenhell

Second Test Day Two on 14:45 - Jun 29 by SaleAway

Did you have to click the "Add Reply" button?!
Second Test Day Two on 14:57 - Jun 29 with 1383 viewsSaleAway

Second Test Day Two on 14:54 - Jun 29 by Ryorry

Did they get a slating in the press for yesterday? And/or maybe England coaches; and/or knew themselves. Good to see a reaction anyway.

yeah, they got pretty slated for yesterday. To be fair, they haven't had many bad days, but just seemed flat yesterday. Didn't help that they dropped a couple ( again). And the pitch didn't do as much as everyone expected.

Good fightback today, but yeah, need to take advantage of solid batting conditions.

Second Test Day Two on 14:58 - Jun 29 with 1376 viewsSaleAway

Second Test Day Two on 14:52 - Jun 29 by Coastalblue

That's on you that is

I'll take it....

but to be fair, Crawley doing what Crawley does.... looks a world beater, then gives it away.

Second Test Day Two on 15:45 - Jun 29 with 1345 viewsSteve_M

Second Test Day Two on 14:58 - Jun 29 by SaleAway

I'll take it....

but to be fair, Crawley doing what Crawley does.... looks a world beater, then gives it away.

Still,. another 50+ partnership and 145/1 at tea is a lot better than it might have been today.

Second Test Day Two on 16:19 - Jun 29 with 1311 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 15:45 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Still,. another 50+ partnership and 145/1 at tea is a lot better than it might have been today.

Best batting conditions of the match by far. Need to take advantage. Another 100-130 runs for the loss of no more than 2 wickets has to be the aim.

Edit. By the close of play I mean.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 16:20]

Second Test Day Two on 16:37 - Jun 29 with 1298 viewsNthQldITFC

Lyon looks cooked.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Second Test Day Two on 16:40 - Jun 29 with 1293 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 16:37 - Jun 29 by NthQldITFC

Lyon looks cooked.

Didn't sound good. Labuschagne and Smith can bowl leggies but they will give you plenty of pies.

Second Test Day Two on 16:44 - Jun 29 with 1283 viewsSaleAway

I'm not taking the blame for that.

Another utterly brainless dismissal

Second Test Day Two on 16:44 - Jun 29 with 1283 viewsgainsboroughblue

And Pope falls to the obvious trap. Aus were clueless, main threat off the field and that happens.

Brainless again.

Second Test Day Two on 16:49 - Jun 29 with 1272 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 16:44 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

And Pope falls to the obvious trap. Aus were clueless, main threat off the field and that happens.

Brainless again.

Root out to a stupid shot but called a no ball.

Seriously England, engage the effin brain.

Tuffers is doing his nut on the radio.

Second Test Day Two on 16:49 - Jun 29 with 1270 viewsSaleAway

And Root's given a life by a no-ball.

Are england going to learn? They are getting into trouble because they're through the shots too early....

this is not difficult to get through. Just let them do it for a few overs... they'll be knackered, and they have no decent spin option.

Second Test Day Two on 16:51 - Jun 29 with 1265 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 16:49 - Jun 29 by SaleAway

And Root's given a life by a no-ball.

Are england going to learn? They are getting into trouble because they're through the shots too early....

this is not difficult to get through. Just let them do it for a few overs... they'll be knackered, and they have no decent spin option.

It's infuriating isn't it.

I get the feeling that entertainment is coming before results and against the Aussies in a test series, as far as I'm concerned, you get on top of them and grind them in the dirt.

Second Test Day Two on 16:53 - Jun 29 with 1254 viewsSteve_M

Second Test Day Two on 16:51 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

It's infuriating isn't it.

I get the feeling that entertainment is coming before results and against the Aussies in a test series, as far as I'm concerned, you get on top of them and grind them in the dirt.

Yes, all we need to do at the moment is stay sensible and get the deficit down tonight.

What happened to Lyon? I was on the way home so only turned on in time to see Pope get out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024