Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second Test Day Two 11:15 - Jun 29 with 2997 viewsbluewein

Big start. Early wicket...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Second Test Day Two on 16:54 - Jun 29 with 1322 viewsSaleAway

Second Test Day Two on 16:51 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

It's infuriating isn't it.

I get the feeling that entertainment is coming before results and against the Aussies in a test series, as far as I'm concerned, you get on top of them and grind them in the dirt.

Pietersen on Sky saying how hard it is.... with all the men back..

just duck it.

take 10 overs where we don't really score... no worries.

I love the positive attitude of their cricket... but we have to stop letting them back in.

The aussies know they can play defensive cricket, because we will do something stupid before scoring enough to hurt them.

We have to go big when we get them on the run.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Second Test Day Two on 16:56 - Jun 29 with 1312 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 16:53 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Yes, all we need to do at the moment is stay sensible and get the deficit down tonight.

What happened to Lyon? I was on the way home so only turned on in time to see Pope get out.

Calf by the looks (sounds) of it. If he's torn it then that could be the series done for him.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Second Test Day Two on 16:59 - Jun 29 with 1299 viewsSaleAway

Second Test Day Two on 16:56 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Calf by the looks (sounds) of it. If he's torn it then that could be the series done for him.

He looked in a world of trouble

ran in off the boundary, and I think it popped... definitely not cramp, and the way he was walking didn't look good.

Could be decisive for the series, if he's knackered it..... shades of McGrath 2005?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Second Test Day Two on 17:03 - Jun 29 with 1293 viewsNthQldITFC

Second Test Day Two on 16:53 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Yes, all we need to do at the moment is stay sensible and get the deficit down tonight.

What happened to Lyon? I was on the way home so only turned on in time to see Pope get out.

He was dragged down and mauled by a gazelle. Either that or he pulled a calf/shin muscle.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Second Test Day Two on 17:04 - Jun 29 with 1289 viewsNthQldITFC

Starc going for more than 7 an over.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Second Test Day Two on 17:07 - Jun 29 with 1282 viewsSteve_M

Oh FFS, another fking short ball.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Second Test Day Two on 17:09 - Jun 29 with 1275 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 17:07 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Oh FFS, another fking short ball.

I give up.

Australia just literally have to wait for the mistakes. I reckon at least 75% of the wickets we've lost in this series have just been handed to them on a plate.

But will they learn? Will they adjust? Will they f***.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 17:09]

Second Test Day Two on 17:26 - Jun 29 with 1238 viewsSteve_M

Second Test Day Two on 17:09 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

I give up.

Australia just literally have to wait for the mistakes. I reckon at least 75% of the wickets we've lost in this series have just been handed to them on a plate.

But will they learn? Will they adjust? Will they f***.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 17:09]

Nope. An utterly brainless half hour from England.

Login to get fewer ads

Second Test Day Two on 17:26 - Jun 29 with 1238 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oh. Look what's happened.

Second Test Day Two on 17:42 - Jun 29 with 1180 viewsredrickstuhaart

Second Test Day Two on 17:26 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Oh. Look what's happened.

I have often been disappointed and frustrated with England but I keep watching.

Today I am simply angry at the utter stupidity of it. In a position to grind down Australia, who look like they will be without a spinner. Going along nicely, potential for a decent lead. Obvious trap set, and we play the highestt possible risk approach to it on principle. Then do it again and again.

Utterly stupid. Utterly unprofessional. Embarrassing.
Second Test Day Two on 18:03 - Jun 29 with 1137 viewsgainsboroughblue

Second Test Day Two on 17:42 - Jun 29 by redrickstuhaart

I have often been disappointed and frustrated with England but I keep watching.

Today I am simply angry at the utter stupidity of it. In a position to grind down Australia, who look like they will be without a spinner. Going along nicely, potential for a decent lead. Obvious trap set, and we play the highestt possible risk approach to it on principle. Then do it again and again.

Utterly stupid. Utterly unprofessional. Embarrassing.

Seem to have calmed things down now. About an hour too late though. Australia haven't created much at all today. What a wasteful post tea hour that was. Crazy.

Second Test Day Two on 18:31 - Jun 29 with 1094 viewsthe_toff

Second Test Day Two on 18:03 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Seem to have calmed things down now. About an hour too late though. Australia haven't created much at all today. What a wasteful post tea hour that was. Crazy.

It was a ridiculous hour of cricket but I wouldn't say it's too late.

If you had offered me getting Aus out for 416 and being 278-4 I would've taken that at 10am this morning.
Second Test Day Two on 18:32 - Jun 29 with 1091 viewsredrickstuhaart

Second Test Day Two on 18:31 - Jun 29 by the_toff

If you had offered me getting Aus out for 416 and being 278-4 I would've taken that at 10am this morning.

Possibly. But Would you have taken 287-4 when we were cruising along at 200-2 or so and looking in no trouble at all?
Second Test Day Two on 18:35 - Jun 29 with 1083 viewsthe_toff

Second Test Day Two on 18:32 - Jun 29 by redrickstuhaart

Possibly. But Would you have taken 287-4 when we were cruising along at 200-2 or so and looking in no trouble at all?

Certainly not. It was stupid, reckless, darn right annoying to witness.

But we're still in the game and if the players go back to the hotel and dwell on that I don't think it'll help. We've still got a very good chance of going into the 2nd innings with a lead or at least very close to the Aus 1st innings total.
Second Test Day Two on 19:30 - Jun 29 with 1028 viewsSteve_M

Second Test Day Two on 18:31 - Jun 29 by the_toff

Yes, the paradox of this England team is that I would definitely have taken that this morning and yet it should have been a whole lot better than that. Root in particular had about five goes at getting out stupidly.

Frustrating after a generally good day.

Second Test Day Two on 19:33 - Jun 29 with 1007 viewsredrickstuhaart

Second Test Day Two on 18:35 - Jun 29 by the_toff

Certainly not. It was stupid, reckless, darn right annoying to witness.

But we're still in the game and if the players go back to the hotel and dwell on that I don't think it'll help. We've still got a very good chance of going into the 2nd innings with a lead or at least very close to the Aus 1st innings total.

Thing is, we need a lead, batting last. Time is not an issue, which is what makes the whoel thing so infuriating.
Second Test Day Two on 22:28 - Jun 29 with 929 viewsBlueForYou

Was at Lords. Lyon looked in a bad way, was shielding his face while being helped along the side of the Grandstand. Good day for England but that headless chicken hour almost ruined it. The leg side boundary field was so obvious, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, Brook was unbelievably reckless. Stokes walked down the pitch to give him a proper talking to, he played a little better after that. Big morning session tomorrow. Another day at Lords for me.
Second Test Day Two on 22:56 - Jun 29 with 915 viewsredrickstuhaart

Second Test Day Two on 22:28 - Jun 29 by BlueForYou

Was at Lords. Lyon looked in a bad way, was shielding his face while being helped along the side of the Grandstand. Good day for England but that headless chicken hour almost ruined it. The leg side boundary field was so obvious, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, Brook was unbelievably reckless. Stokes walked down the pitch to give him a proper talking to, he played a little better after that. Big morning session tomorrow. Another day at Lords for me.

Rich from Stokes who has been utterly reckless of late and is clearly telling the team to play that way!
Second Test Day Two on 09:32 - Jun 30 with 828 viewsbluewein

Second Test Day Two on 19:30 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Yes, the paradox of this England team is that I would definitely have taken that this morning and yet it should have been a whole lot better than that. Root in particular had about five goes at getting out stupidly.

Frustrating after a generally good day.

Andy Zaltzman read out a ridiculous stat from that half hour that from 46 pull shots, 48 runs were scored and 3 wickets were lost. Surely someone in the pavilion, one of the many analysts or even the guys with the radio commentary in their ears could have seen that and gone "Y'now what? I don't think it's working lads. Just calm it down a little." Even Brook was doing his very best to chuck his wicket away, even after he'd been dropped. And it took Stokes of all people to have a word!

Can't remember what exactly the other stat was but it involved how little movement there was on average. And it was incredibly low for an average Lords pitch. Something like the 5th lowest? (May have heard wrong) But it still makes the desire to tw@t the ball around for no reason even more frustrating.

We really should be 278 for 1 at this point. 3 of the most unnecessary wickets ever in test cricket...
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 9:36]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024