Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop the Scrotes 22:13 - Jun 20 with 1113 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/20/johnson-inquiry-report-on-attac

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Stop the Scrotes on 22:41 - Jun 20 with 1044 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Just a thought experiment:

What if, in this new report, the Committee recommends a 10 Day suspension for "bringing Parliament into disrepute" for every MP who posted inflammatory comments about the Committee?

They have brought Parliament into disrepute by using phrases like "Kangaroo Court", and in some cases have attempted to intimidate members of the Committee. Both very serious offences, and fully warranting the suspension, in my view.

But how many could it potentially include?
Stop the Scrotes on 23:00 - Jun 20 with 1028 viewsMattinLondon

Nothing like a Tory Civil War. Hopefully it’ll destroy the element of that party that has made the country a laughing stock.
Stop the Scrotes on 00:08 - Jun 21 with 979 viewsHARRY10

Stop the Scrotes on 22:41 - Jun 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

What if, in this new report, the Committee recommends a 10 Day suspension for "bringing Parliament into disrepute" for every MP who posted inflammatory comments about the Committee?

They have brought Parliament into disrepute by using phrases like "Kangaroo Court", and in some cases have attempted to intimidate members of the Committee. Both very serious offences, and fully warranting the suspension, in my view.

10 days and you are entering the 'recall petition' territory. However there does need to be some kind of sanction, if only to draw a line in the sand. Tory MPs have been treating Parliament with contempt for years. By not only lying repeatedly but undermining the integrity of the House with these recent smears.

It may not be known by most, but a suspension costs the MP their pay for each day they are suspended. A bit harsh on former SNP leader Ian Blackford who was suspended for

"Accusing Boris Johnson of "wilfully misleading parliament" about the parties held at Downing Street during Covid-19 restrictions and refusing Speaker's request to withdraw his comment by responding "It's not my fault if the prime minister can't be trusted to tell the truth"

an Labour MP Dawn Butler for " Stating the Prime Minister had 'lied' and refusing to withdraw the remark."

I wonder if they will get their lost wages back and an apology.

Theoretically, any number of MPs can be suspended at the same time. It is up to the government to bring bills to the House when they see fit so it would not necessarily affect those. They would only be suspended from the lower chamber, not the Parliamentary estate.

I suspect this just the beginning of the long overdue 'Nuremberg' trials whereby so much of the incompetence fraud and deception of the past three years, and more with PPE, is thoroughly investigated.

Followed by giving the Speaker the powers to hold liars to account. And elect a Speaker who will do it (by convention it is the turn of a Tory MP next).

Thankfully though, this disreputable bunch of crooks, sexual deviants and third rate politicians will be out on the ear fairly soon. Probably not down to less than 100 as yesterday's poll had them at, as we need a strong opposition. But not this current shower of sht.

And for what it is worth, I think we have reached the bottom as far as this lot can take us. There will be plenty more revelations, but I sense the stoats, weasels and other assorted vermin are being thrown out of Toad Hall. And hopefully enough voters have learned a hard lesson, and the country never sinks this low again.+
Stop the Scrotes on 03:43 - Jun 21 with 917 viewsBlueBadger

Stop the Scrotes on 23:00 - Jun 20 by MattinLondon

Nothing like a Tory Civil War. Hopefully it’ll destroy the element of that party that has made the country a laughing stock.

Your occasional reminder here that it was 'moderate' David Cameron who indulged the 'blue passports and no foreigners' element in the first place...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stop the Scrotes on 06:26 - Jun 21 with 867 viewsChurchman

Stop the Scrotes on 22:41 - Jun 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

Every person who heaped abuse on and tried to intimidate this Committee should be held to account.

Bringing Parliament into disrepute sounds trivial, but in my view really isn’t. It goes to the heart of democracy. The perpetrators if guilty should definitely be suspended.
Stop the Scrotes on 10:10 - Jun 21 with 784 viewsGuthrum

Stop the Scrotes on 03:43 - Jun 21 by BlueBadger

Your occasional reminder here that it was 'moderate' David Cameron who indulged the 'blue passports and no foreigners' element in the first place...

Tho, to be fair, he was dealing with the same problem his predecessors had been wrestling with right back to Major, i.e. the anti-EU awkward squad. Plus, like so many people, he thought it would shut the Brexiteers up for a while when they inevitably lost.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stop the Scrotes on 12:52 - Jun 21 with 732 viewsFreddies_Ears

Stop the Scrotes on 10:10 - Jun 21 by Guthrum

Tho, to be fair, he was dealing with the same problem his predecessors had been wrestling with right back to Major, i.e. the anti-EU awkward squad. Plus, like so many people, he thought it would shut the Brexiteers up for a while when they inevitably lost.

A gamble that trashed the country's reputation, power, economy and prospects.
Stop the Scrotes on 13:25 - Jun 21 with 707 viewsPlums

Stop the Scrotes on 12:52 - Jun 21 by Freddies_Ears

A gamble that trashed the country's reputation, power, economy and prospects.

A gamble that was only taken to try and save the s(t)inking Tory party from themselves. The vast majority of people in the UK didn't give a flying stuff about Europe until the Tory hierarchy, Daily Fail and others got scared of the minority UKIP circus.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024