Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mads Andersen 21:45 - May 29 with 3796 viewsGeomorph

I know hirst made him look average but he’s a bit of a leader at the back for Barnsley… and of course now still a div3 player. we probably need another centre half… anyone think he’s got enough for us? Or are our sights set much higher?
Mads Andersen on 21:48 - May 29 with 3720 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’d say you’ve already answered your question

Poll: If it were one or the other

Mads Andersen on 21:51 - May 29 with 3709 viewsSheffordBlue

He had 46 starts the season Barnsley finished 5th in the Championship so isn't just a 'good League One player'.

An improvment on Burgess - quite probably - he made team of the season for a reason. Is he a big enough uplift - I think we probably have 'stretch' targets who are better than him and that position is one I think we might target for a big signing.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Mads Andersen on 21:54 - May 29 with 3680 viewsChurchman

Possibly, but I like him. Connell, age 22, too. Ok he missed that chance but looks a cracking player to me.

But your question is an interesting one - how high are our sights? One of the things I like about how we do things is that we’ll only find out at the press conference(s) when a face, shirt and scarf is revealed.
Mads Andersen on 21:58 - May 29 with 3653 viewsOwainG1992

If we sign him and luca connell I'd be very pleased.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Mads Andersen on 21:59 - May 29 with 3643 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd be happy if we signed him.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Mads Andersen on 22:18 - May 29 with 3556 viewssouthnorfolkblue

He played really well today…but he was absolutely schooled by Hirst, who is unproven at Championship level, so I’m not sure on him tbh. Think I’d prefer Bradley.

As has been said elsewhere, Connell isn’t a bad shout if posh put a ridiculous price on Taylor

Poll: Our final position

Mads Andersen on 22:24 - May 29 with 3509 viewsGeomorph

Mads Andersen on 21:54 - May 29 by Churchman

Possibly, but I like him. Connell, age 22, too. Ok he missed that chance but looks a cracking player to me.

But your question is an interesting one - how high are our sights? One of the things I like about how we do things is that we’ll only find out at the press conference(s) when a face, shirt and scarf is revealed.

Yeah… i think andersen in this seasons town team would have looked very good.. like you say itll be interesting to see how high ashton et al set the bar this season…
[Post edited 29 May 2023 22:25]
Mads Andersen on 05:12 - May 30 with 3138 viewsbilllm

Mads Andersen on 21:51 - May 29 by SheffordBlue

He had 46 starts the season Barnsley finished 5th in the Championship so isn't just a 'good League One player'.

An improvment on Burgess - quite probably - he made team of the season for a reason. Is he a big enough uplift - I think we probably have 'stretch' targets who are better than him and that position is one I think we might target for a big signing.

If you put Andersen in and burgess out were back with our age old problem, two right footers at centre half,
Very good player and leader are you going to drop woolfy?
Can't see McKenna upsetting the balance,
Another left sided centre half yes,
Login to get fewer ads

Mads Andersen on 06:22 - May 30 with 3069 viewsbournemouthblue

Mads Andersen on 05:12 - May 30 by billlm

If you put Andersen in and burgess out were back with our age old problem, two right footers at centre half,

I don't know who's about as a left footer, I think Cashin is a left footer but is very hyped up and probably overpriced?

I'm sure McKenna has irons in the fire already on this, I fully expect a centre back to be signed to tighten us up, I can see Burgess being exposed in the Championship

I think we will probably want 2 strikers including Hirst, perhaps another quality number 10 and probably another mobile midfield assuming we aren't happy to go with what we have got?

Are Camara and Ball enough when fit, possibly but do we need extra legs in the middle in the Championship with neither Luongo or Morsy getting any younger?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mads Andersen on 07:02 - May 30 with 2983 viewsbilllm

Mads Andersen on 06:22 - May 30 by bournemouthblue

I don't know who's about as a left footer, I think Cashin is a left footer but is very hyped up and probably overpriced?

I'm sure McKenna has irons in the fire already on this, I fully expect a centre back to be signed to tighten us up, I can see Burgess being exposed in the Championship

I think we will probably want 2 strikers including Hirst, perhaps another quality number 10 and probably another mobile midfield assuming we aren't happy to go with what we have got?

Are Camara and Ball enough when fit, possibly but do we need extra legs in the middle in the Championship with neither Luongo or Morsy getting any younger?

I've thought Cashin for a while still raw but a talent, our coaches will sort him out,
But we may go for an experienced one with legs in him unlike Keough,
Agree on the strikers ladapo +2,
A10 yes I think so harness after his injurys isn't the answer sad for him,
Need a midfielder we haven't got an Evans who can ping it around he's to injury prone need rid off,sad for camara hasent got started here,
We need another midfielder yes,Ball came down from an average championship team, not sure he's an answer if we want to be more than average,
Mads Andersen on 07:06 - May 30 with 2963 viewsPioneerBlue

Mads Andersen on 06:22 - May 30 by bournemouthblue

For the LCB
I agree this is an area of weakness.

This could be a real shame for Baggot. Depending on speed of his development, he probably needs a full season at L1, our promotion may have set him back a season or two in terms of our first team, if we go down the higher quality LCB route. I suppose if the loan system is working for him/us a season in L1 would potentially bring him back to compete directly with Burgess if another was brought here this summer but players need games, especially the younger ones.

For midfield
This is a conundrum. Morsy and Luongo, Ball, Evans and Camera. I believe we can carry this number of players in our squad, it would be a reasonable midfield but on the aging side and with injury questions over several of them.

With the changes already made, it frees up three spaces for net new players and we need min CDf, 10, Striker. I can see potential space needed from either Evans, Camara if we want that extra new midfielder or 10 or a third striker. Otherwise you are into debates about moving Jackson or Edwards which given their flex those questions probably get asked in transfer window 2 or 3.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Mads Andersen on 08:00 - May 30 with 2856 viewsGlasgowBlue

We keep throwing out names of very good League one players as possible new recruitments (I’m just as guilty). But most of the game changer recruitment when we were in League One was from the Championship. Which would suggest Ashton will be casting his eyes over players with potential from the Premier League.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mads Andersen on 08:33 - May 30 with 2586 viewsSheffordBlue

Mads Andersen on 05:12 - May 30 by billlm

I tend to agree with you on the two right footers but McKenna has said on a number of occasions it's not something he's particularly bothered about.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Mads Andersen on 08:34 - May 30 with 2578 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think he probably would have enough for us.

Something our fans really need to stop doing is judging a player solely based off one game against us, I've seen it with Cashin, JCH and now Andersen. I thought all the Burnley players were fairly poor at Portman road, doesn't mean they don't walk in to our first team. Hirst may have got the better of Andersen that night, but doesn't take away from the fact he has been the stand out Cb in the division this season.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mads Andersen on 08:58 - May 30 with 2478 viewsiamipswich

Like Andersen but ref the left-footed debate, surely all roads lead to Matt Clarke!

Poll: Who will return first?

Mads Andersen on 08:59 - May 30 with 2469 viewsITFC_Jenx

Mads Andersen on 08:58 - May 30 by iamipswich

Like Andersen but ref the left-footed debate, surely all roads lead to Matt Clarke!

Matt Clarke would be my first choice. Auston Trusty from Arsenal would be a good shout too.
Mads Andersen on 09:00 - May 30 with 2462 viewsPioneerBlue

Mads Andersen on 08:00 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

We keep throwing out names of very good League one players as possible new recruitments (I’m just as guilty). But most of the game changer recruitment when we were in League One was from the Championship. Which would suggest Ashton will be casting his eyes over players with potential from the Premier League.

I don’t have all the answers, this is a pov only!

I don’t disagree and I don’t promote overly stacking with good / top L1 when you want to retain Championship level and accelerate out of that league. There is a but. The higher you go the;

less available the profile of player becomes
more expensive the profile of player becomes
longer it take to bring the profiles needed
more costly any mistakes become to undo and remedy

The club has decisions, how much and how long.

Can it afford to take more projects from L1 when there is a pace required to meet KMcK, Davis, Broadhead ambitions to play higher. In certain situations the answer will be yes. That’s what KMcK brings, capability to develop players.

The cash backing might allow us to accelerate player acquisition for certain players, it might allow us to continue recruiting a level above but there will likely be limits to this. More likely, 1-2 bigger money signings in this window, coupled with properly identified targets that will compete or bring something different to those at the club.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Mads Andersen on 15:10 - May 30 with 1950 viewsKropotkin123

Can't see him as someone we'd get building towards the premiership. But think he could do a job in League one.

I don't have the best knowledge though, that's just from the games against us.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Mads Andersen on 15:20 - May 30 with 1904 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't see him coming in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mads Andersen on 15:20 - May 30 with 1903 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mads Andersen on 08:00 - May 30 by GlasgowBlue

. I do expect us to use the loan market from the prem, if you look at players like Archer, Diallo, Ramsey, Tella, Maatsen etc from last year who made huge impacts for their teams. I know Mckenna wasn't overly keen on loans last season but think its a case of needs must.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mads Andersen on 15:21 - May 30 with 1895 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mads Andersen on 15:10 - May 30 by Kropotkin123

Can't see him as someone we'd get building towards the premiership. But think he could do a job in League one.

I don't have the best knowledge though, that's just from the games against us.

He has already finished 5th in the championship before.

Mads Andersen on 15:47 - May 30 with 1817 viewsvilanovablue

Mads Andersen on 15:21 - May 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

He has already finished 5th in the championship before.

Whilst being young and developing. He cost Barnsley nearly a million so they were clearly buying potential which I think is still a consideration for us. I agree we will be looking higher, ideally. However if the recruitment team take one max 2 players from League One based on good data it may not be the worst thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024