Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a 23:01 - May 20 with 5760 viewsunstableblue

… bar for our fanbase to aspire to

Absolutely superb and relentless noise from them all season, despite many lows

And critically it is universal and comes from every stand

Churchmans take note!!

Certainly the retention of McKenna is linked to whether we can ‘turn it up to 11’

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:45 - May 22 with 995 viewsArnieM

I think a siege mentality when it’s backs to the wall for your team can create that kind of vocal outpouring. Forest had practically a whole new squad at once after promotion. Their season was one of one for all and all for one , and the fans recognised that and did what they could only do, sing and they did, as one!

I’m many ways Town fans started their journey of being more vocal when we were relegated. I can remember the SBR signing and signing ( Lambert just stood in front of us watching / listening) . We had just been relegated. We’ve built since then. Mind you, not sure what the hell it’ll take to get the Churchman stand to join in . I call it the Library!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:06 - May 22 with 940 viewslongtimefan

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 07:45 - May 22 by ArnieM

I think a siege mentality when it’s backs to the wall for your team can create that kind of vocal outpouring. Forest had practically a whole new squad at once after promotion. Their season was one of one for all and all for one , and the fans recognised that and did what they could only do, sing and they did, as one!

I’m many ways Town fans started their journey of being more vocal when we were relegated. I can remember the SBR signing and signing ( Lambert just stood in front of us watching / listening) . We had just been relegated. We’ve built since then. Mind you, not sure what the hell it’ll take to get the Churchman stand to join in . I call it the Library!

Churchmans suffers from the same destruction of acoustics that the North Stand has. It was never particularly raucous but certainly had its moments. The split level nature of the stand now and the very high roof negates the impact of any singing. The North Stand rarely sounds as loud from Churchmans now as it did pre-ground "improvements". Add to that the fact that the back 4 rows of the lower stand are now taken by corporate guests who are often less than committed to the team, coupled with the average age of the people in the stand, who by nature, will never be as loud as the youngsters. I'm now in my 60's and the people immediately in front and behind me are older.
I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:17 - May 22 with 909 viewsclive_baker

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:12 - May 20 by pointofblue

Pretty sure the Forest fanbase kept Cooper in place as well - it sounds like their owners had more than one wobble but the fanbase kept relentlessly behind him.

I'm pleased to see the club who stuck by its manager staying up. Obviously they've spent a fortune but Cooper go them up and it would've been a travesty had they pulled the trigger on him.

Wonder if Leicester are regretting getting rid of Rodgers yet. They were pretty pants under him admittedly but they're worse under Smith.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:46 - May 22 with 875 viewsjayessess

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 23:32 - May 20 by unstableblue

Mate and his son are season ticket holders… he stated the support this season has been completely unconditional (w@nkers at Bristol Rovers away take note) and incredibly loud… unconditional in that getting into the premiership was enough.. so just back the players and manager

They built a momentum of vocal and physical support from that dramatic rise to promotion from the bottom of the championship…. And just kept cranking it up

We need to take that euphoria of Barnsley away and Exeter at home and just layer onto it… go mental… create a really intimidating fortress at home

And as I said McKenna puts a lot of stock into that

One of the difficulties in being in League One is that "unconditional" thing.

Ever since we got relegated the feeling has been that we shouldn't be in this division, we need to get promoted asap. So you become very unforgiving of adversity. Oh, we're 1-0 down to Lincoln? Useless b*stards. It was only really towards the end of the season that we flipped into that relentless support that didn't depend on us playing well (Port Vale at home, for instance).

Last time we saw it for a whole season was 2000-01, largely because the whole thing was a massive high wire act of defying the odds week after week. Might see it a bit more next season, where we'll be up against it far more often.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:48 - May 22 with 872 viewsCityBlue

I sit in the SAR Upper and have to say it gets rocking at times, just highlights how poor double tier stands are at reverberating the sound across the park.

I T I D

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 12:29 - May 22 with 805 viewsArnieM

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:06 - May 22 by longtimefan

Churchmans suffers from the same destruction of acoustics that the North Stand has. It was never particularly raucous but certainly had its moments. The split level nature of the stand now and the very high roof negates the impact of any singing. The North Stand rarely sounds as loud from Churchmans now as it did pre-ground "improvements". Add to that the fact that the back 4 rows of the lower stand are now taken by corporate guests who are often less than committed to the team, coupled with the average age of the people in the stand, who by nature, will never be as loud as the youngsters. I'm now in my 60's and the people immediately in front and behind me are older.

I used to think the same as you tbh. Then we had a pre season friendly vs Glasgow Rangers who had the stand. No problem with the acoustics that day. But I would add, that I think there is something in the stands split level construction and high roof which unless you’re really loud as a group of fans to overcome that, will help dissipate the sound.

As a home crowd we are definitely improving over recent seasons . It takes time to “ spread @ to other stands though doesn’t it. It’ll be interesting to see what the effects on the Cobbold Sand are if that’s re developed.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The top tiers are where the singing needs to come from a la Trent End on 12:53 - May 22 with 771 viewsunstableblue

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:48 - May 22 by CityBlue

I sit in the SAR Upper and have to say it gets rocking at times, just highlights how poor double tier stands are at reverberating the sound across the park.

The problem with the North and indeed Churchmans is we think the singing section should be in the bottom... and hoe the top joins in... we have to reverse that!!

The Trent End the top tier is just as important and indeed where their TIFOs are centred... they have from the top tier down

Its a legacy of people just returning to their old seast from the old north - whereas the club should have encourages everyone to move up and priced accordingly

Note to Blue Action - Bigger TIFOs across the whole stand needed!! or is their focus now the Cobbold?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 13:17 - May 22 with 754 viewsCheshire_Tractor

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 11:48 - May 22 by CityBlue

Same here, SAR Upper. There are several of us who sing along and people do join in but it's never going to be as loud as the North due to the demographic of people in there (mainly older people, mums dads, and young children and and people who mostly need to sit during games).

Some games we are more successful than others, but I think there is some truth that the SBR which makes much more noise is often barely heard by us. I can imagine that even at our loudest you don't hear us,
Login to get fewer ads

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 14:22 - May 22 with 677 viewsrealprojection

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 13:17 - May 22 by Cheshire_Tractor

Same here, SAR Upper. There are several of us who sing along and people do join in but it's never going to be as loud as the North due to the demographic of people in there (mainly older people, mums dads, and young children and and people who mostly need to sit during games).

Some games we are more successful than others, but I think there is some truth that the SBR which makes much more noise is often barely heard by us. I can imagine that even at our loudest you don't hear us,

From my seat in the West Stand, SAR upper looked impressively lively during the Exeter match. Hope it stays that way for next season as I've bought season tickets there.

Blog: Desperate Data – the Extreme Numbers That Defined Ipswich Town’s Dismal Season

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 15:13 - May 22 with 647 viewsAlanG296

I think our fans were generally good last season… but Forest support has set a on 14:22 - May 22 by realprojection

From my seat in the West Stand, SAR upper looked impressively lively during the Exeter match. Hope it stays that way for next season as I've bought season tickets there.

For a time standing in my back row seat of the SBR upper at that game, you could feel the upper tier vibrating/moving. Never had that before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024