Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The loan market..... 16:26 - May 14 with 2763 viewsPippin1970

You can see 1 or 2 Man United under 23 players here next season. Possibly Spurs too with his old connections.
The loan market..... on 16:30 - May 14 with 2707 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why can you ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

The loan market..... on 16:32 - May 14 with 2702 viewsSitfcB

Well it’s not happened in the last 3 windows so…
[Post edited 14 May 2023 17:09]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The loan market..... on 16:41 - May 14 with 2665 viewsjayessess

People have said this about all 3 of the loan windows since McKenna got here. But it's well-known that Man U have never done mates' rates, not even for the big man's son at Peterborough.

So the chances of us taking a Man U loanee are all about us being the right club for the right player, same as every other potential loan.

I think almost everyone they have on their books is either too good, not good enough or plays in the wrong position. Only possible exceptions I could see would be Hannibal Mejbri and Facundo Pellistri and the latter only if they decide that a season of games does him more good than more cameos for the first team.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 16:54]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The loan market..... (n/t) on 16:53 - May 14 with 2600 viewsHatStand

[Post edited 15 May 2023 8:15]

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

The loan market..... on 17:08 - May 14 with 2524 viewsGuthrum

Doubt there will be very many loans. The season just gone it was only Hirst (because we couldn't hire him permanently) and John-Jules (possibly also with a view to buying) in the first team. Last season it was Bonne, Bakinson and Thompson. We just currently don't do it so much.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The loan market..... on 17:25 - May 14 with 2450 viewsTrumptonBlue

Possible, I suppose, but:

“We have taken our own route and our route has not been to loan five or six players and develop them for their parent club.

“I think one or two is fine, but the core of our squad is our players and we grow their value and they stay with us whatever league we’re in.

“That was an approach we talked to the owners about when we acquired the club and we’ve been true to it.”

Mark Ashton, March 2023
The loan market..... on 18:41 - May 14 with 2224 viewsyorkshireblue

I’ve said on here before, I think our style of play would make as an attractive option for Prem managers to loan their players to.

Take Jesurun Rak-Sakyi as an example (as I’ve seen him linked on here - but I expect he’ll be plying his trade at Selhurst next season). If your Palace, and you want to loan him out again, this time at a higher level - do you pick a club with a manager who plays free-flowing attacking football, and a record of working with young players or a hoof ball merchant?
The loan market..... on 18:50 - May 14 with 2186 viewsLankHenners

1 or 2 maybe, and not necessarily specifically from Utd or Spurs. All the top teams in the Champ make use of the loan market and I can't see us being any different. Where McKenna's reputation and connections at the top of the youth level might help us is that a club sending us a player will know he's in very safe hands and McKenna himself should have no problem persuading a potential loanee to come here if there's a fair bit of interest in them.

Don't think just because he's worked there before he can ring up and ask for the most coveted U21 player at the club.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

The loan market..... on 19:23 - May 14 with 2117 viewsEssexBloo

Nope.
The loan market..... on 19:46 - May 14 with 2072 viewsjas0999

This isn’t the Evans era. One loan maybe. The club aren’t going down that route thankfully.
The loan market..... on 20:00 - May 14 with 2011 viewstractorboy1978

The loan market..... on 19:46 - May 14 by jas0999

This isn’t the Evans era. One loan maybe. The club aren’t going down that route thankfully.

Suspect we will end up with a couple of loans. There are a few premium loans that end up in the Championship each year and you'd imagine with McKenna in charge we have a manager that teams would be keen to send their best young players too. Several of the top 6 this season had key loan players:

Burnley - Tella and Harwood Bellis
Sheff Utd - Doyle and McAtee
Coventry - Doyle
Sunderland - Diallo
Boro - Archer
[Post edited 14 May 2023 20:05]
The loan market..... on 21:20 - May 14 with 1853 viewsKieran_Knows

You might well be right, not quite sure why all the downvotes to be honest.

Whether we like it not, us as a third tier club is not an attractive proposition to the likes of United and Tottenham to send their top rated youngsters on loan. However, now we’re going up to the Championship, they won’t mind one bit sending players to us, should we be interested of course.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The loan market..... on 21:40 - May 14 with 1785 viewsPioneerBlue

I don’t know why there are down votes for a straight up non controversial pov but that’s the social media generation! I can see a loan or two, no idea if that’s due to past KMcK connections. The higher we go the more expensive the top assets will become, it makes perfect sense to use the loan system for limited access to players we otherwise wouldn’t buy in that situation. It’s entirely possible that the only way to bring Hirst back could be via the loan system, ie if Leicester put a crazy value on his head or don’t wish to sell.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 23:12]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

The loan market..... on 21:56 - May 14 with 1736 viewsITFC1977

The loan market..... on 16:32 - May 14 by SitfcB

Well it’s not happened in the last 3 windows so…
[Post edited 14 May 2023 17:09]

We’ve been in league one if you hadn’t noticed. Highly rated Man U youngsters would normally look at championship teams or that’s certainly more appealing, look at Sunderland this year for a example.
The loan market..... on 07:10 - May 15 with 1364 viewsjayessess

The loan market..... on 21:56 - May 14 by ITFC1977

We’ve been in league one if you hadn’t noticed. Highly rated Man U youngsters would normally look at championship teams or that’s certainly more appealing, look at Sunderland this year for a example.

Man U loan plenty of youngsters to League One (we played against two of them - Shola Shoretire and Charlie Savage). It just happened to be that last season none of them were suitable for us.

That'll be just the same - we'll be looking for players who are the right profile, right level and the right position for our squad planning. Last season it was older players like Tyreece John-Jules who had already shown they could compete at a high level in League One. This season it'll likely be a forward (only one) who is much better than we could recruit permanently. They're no more likely to come from Man U than any other big club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024