Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Barnes 14:28 - May 9 with 2817 viewsstickymockwell

Looks like them up there are going to make Barnes Pukki's replacement.
That just whiffs of a Mick McCarthy signing. Replacing a 33 yo over the hill striker with a 33yo over the hill striker who has a career goal record of 1 in 4 or 5.
They would probably be on similar wages.
The days of unearthing gems like Buendia and the Germans are long gone. Lazy recruitment that!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Ashley Barnes on 14:33 - May 9 with 2771 viewsgreyhound

I've heard Tom Ince is also on his way there as well. I'm not sure those are the 2 progressive signings the club are calling out for
Ashley Barnes on 14:48 - May 9 with 2639 viewsle2blue

Ashley Barnes on 14:33 - May 9 by greyhound

I've heard Tom Ince is also on his way there as well. I'm not sure those are the 2 progressive signings the club are calling out for

maybe his dad can join in March next year to help them stay up.
Ashley Barnes on 15:20 - May 9 with 2492 viewscressi

Ashley Barnes on 14:48 - May 9 by le2blue

At the end of the day luck gets you saw far bouncing between leagues and getting the parachute money . You can't be successful long term with owners who aren't super rich or the organisation is that's life, look what happened to us under Evans they are now treading water like we used to. Clubs need owners who invest Thank you Game Changer and the three lions,
Ashley Barnes on 15:26 - May 9 with 2443 viewsArnieM

Their reported recruitment targets make me think they are in real financial hardship now. That wheel is turning isn’t it. 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ashley Barnes on 15:28 - May 9 with 2423 viewsitfcsuth

The fact that he only scored 7 goals in one of the most creative and attacking Championship sides in history would worry me signing Barnes.
Ashley Barnes on 15:31 - May 9 with 2386 viewscressi

Ashley Barnes on 15:28 - May 9 by itfcsuth

The fact that he only scored 7 goals in one of the most creative and attacking Championship sides in history would worry me signing Barnes.

When ur skint Rory Fallon
Ashley Barnes on 15:37 - May 9 with 2356 viewsFunge

Ashley Barnes on 14:48 - May 9 by le2blue

Paul Ince and the budgies - please let this happen....
Ashley Barnes on 15:48 - May 9 with 2249 viewsSimonds92

Ashley Barnes on 15:28 - May 9 by itfcsuth

He's never been prolific, always been a handful. A proper shïthouse type. Very nodge signing from years gone by. I dont think we'll have a comfortable game aginst him but he's also not going to be someone who catapults them up the league.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Barnes on 15:52 - May 9 with 2201 viewsitfcsuth

Ashley Barnes on 15:48 - May 9 by Simonds92

He's never been prolific, always been a handful. A proper shïthouse type. Very nodge signing from years gone by. I dont think we'll have a comfortable game aginst him but he's also not going to be someone who catapults them up the league.

Indeed, not a player I would actually think Norwich would look at.

Very different from Pukki.
Pukki was a very good finisher, very clinical in and around the 18 yard box and was a very clever runner as a centre forward.

Barnes is a completely different player in almost all aspects, so would be a little surprised to see them pursue him, especially as I still don't think he'll be on a small salary.
Ashley Barnes on 16:22 - May 9 with 2071 viewsstickymockwell

Ashley Barnes on 15:52 - May 9 by itfcsuth

Indeed, not a player I would actually think Norwich would look at.

Very different from Pukki.
Pukki was a very good finisher, very clinical in and around the 18 yard box and was a very clever runner as a centre forward.

Barnes is a completely different player in almost all aspects, so would be a little surprised to see them pursue him, especially as I still don't think he'll be on a small salary.

He's already seen the training facilities. You know what that means!

Ashley Barnes on 16:22 - May 9 with 2067 viewsstickymockwell

Ashley Barnes on 16:22 - May 9 by stickymockwell

He's already seen the training facilities. You know what that means!

https://www.pinkun.com/news/23504760.norwich-city-interested-contract-striker-as

Ashley Barnes on 16:38 - May 9 with 1953 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ashley Barnes on 15:26 - May 9 by ArnieM

Their reported recruitment targets make me think they are in real financial hardship now. That wheel is turning isn’t it. 👍

Let's not get too carried away.

I hope you're right but surely Delia is getting to a stage where she will look for an exit statergy and sells up to that chap from the Brewers and they might get serious investment.

That doesn't necessarily equal success of course and we should enjoy it whilst it lasts but with the unhappiness around the club I could see that happening sooner rather than later

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ashley Barnes on 16:41 - May 9 with 1909 viewsChurchman

Ashley Barnes on 14:33 - May 9 by greyhound

I thought both those were long since finished.

Edit: with AB, I’ve clearly not taken much notice of Burnley. 30 appearances, 6 goals, 3 assists this season.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 16:44]
Ashley Barnes on 16:46 - May 9 with 1863 viewsArnieM

Ashley Barnes on 16:38 - May 9 by BlueandTruesince82

I hope you're right but surely Delia is getting to a stage where she will look for an exit statergy and sells up to that chap from the Brewers and they might get serious investment.

That doesn't necessarily equal success of course and we should enjoy it whilst it lasts but with the unhappiness around the club I could see that happening sooner rather than later

He’s got 15% of the shares now hasn’t he? Which I’d why I’m surprised by this supposed Barnes potential signing .

But as you say … keep the powder dry and see what happens, but I don’t think all is rosey in the budgie cage now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ashley Barnes on 17:25 - May 9 with 1738 viewsjayessess

Ashley Barnes on 16:41 - May 9 by Churchman

I thought both those were long since finished.

Edit: with AB, I’ve clearly not taken much notice of Burnley. 30 appearances, 6 goals, 3 assists this season.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 16:44]

Tom Ince was Reading's best player, 9 goals, 4 assists in 38 games. Had he featured at all in their run in good chance they'd have stayed up.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 17:25]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ashley Barnes on 17:33 - May 9 with 1699 viewsZx1988

Ashley Barnes on 16:38 - May 9 by BlueandTruesince82

The noises I'm hearing up this way of the world are suggesting that she's still very much anti that sort of investment (hence why Attanasio had to buy his shares off someone else), and that her plan is still for her shares to end up with her nephew when she either passes on, or just decides that she's had enough.

Whether said nephew will continue Delia's work, or just wait a suitable amount of time before cashing in said shares, remains to be seen.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024