Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark McGuinness 20:28 - May 3 with 7887 viewsportmanking

Would he be a value pick to add more CB depth?

1 year left on his deal at cash-strapped Cardiff. Knows the club. Did very well at Wednesday by all accounts.
Mark McGuinness on 20:34 - May 3 with 5299 viewsSitfcB

He’s coming.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mark McGuinness on 20:39 - May 3 with 5241 viewsDaninthecampo

Is he right or left footed?
Would be a great addition, not going to be cheap though
Mark McGuinness on 20:40 - May 3 with 5247 viewsEssexBloo

Saw this on Twitter. Some of that guys posts look genuine - he linked us with Broadhead last July!

Would be a good choice.
Mark McGuinness on 20:41 - May 3 with 5229 viewspositivity

didn't rate his partnership with woolf, but both are a lot more experienced now...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Mark McGuinness on 20:43 - May 3 with 5211 viewsWestover

I would love to see him coming to Town, another young and experienced player who can only improve you would think under KMc.
Mark McGuinness on 20:49 - May 3 with 5115 viewsportmanking

Mark McGuinness on 20:34 - May 3 by SitfcB

He’s coming.

For real? How sure?
Mark McGuinness on 20:52 - May 3 with 5084 viewsEssexBloo

Mark McGuinness on 20:40 - May 3 by EssexBloo

Saw this on Twitter. Some of that guys posts look genuine - he linked us with Broadhead last July!

Would be a good choice.

And Dom Ball! Check out Henry Armstrong on Twitter. Sounds legit.
Mark McGuinness on 20:52 - May 3 with 5082 viewsBloomBlue

Did well at SheffW but genuinely not watched him in the Championship with Cardiff, how is he performing at that level currently?
Login to get fewer ads

Mark McGuinness on 21:05 - May 3 with 4952 viewsHipsterectomy

hes a poor mans Burgess

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Mark McGuinness on 21:09 - May 3 with 4929 viewsringwoodblue

Mark McGuinness on 20:52 - May 3 by BloomBlue

Did well at SheffW but genuinely not watched him in the Championship with Cardiff, how is he performing at that level currently?

I’ve seen him a few times for Cardiff on the TV and he looks solid most of the time but is prone to the odd mistake/error of judgement. I’m sure we can find better.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Mark McGuinness on 21:11 - May 3 with 4910 viewsBloomBlue

Mark McGuinness on 21:09 - May 3 by ringwoodblue

I’ve seen him a few times for Cardiff on the TV and he looks solid most of the time but is prone to the odd mistake/error of judgement. I’m sure we can find better.

Thanks
Mark McGuinness on 21:12 - May 3 with 4902 viewsportmanking

Mark McGuinness on 21:05 - May 3 by Hipsterectomy

hes a poor mans Burgess

A tad hyperbolic considering Cam's 5 years older and wiser.

McGuinness always struck me as a real prospect. Arguably the right player at the wrong time during his loan with Town.
Mark McGuinness on 21:21 - May 3 with 4826 viewsxrayspecs

Mark McGuinness on 21:09 - May 3 by ringwoodblue

Sounds like Cam B. Maybe KM can make him better?
Mark McGuinness on 21:43 - May 3 with 4660 viewscatch74

Wonder how well he knows Harry Clarke, about the same age, obviously both at Arsenal.
Clarke must have nearly played in the game that McGuinness had a blinder 2020. Think, looking at his loans he was off at Oldham.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Mark McGuinness on 22:00 - May 3 with 4567 viewsKieran_Knows

Mark McGuinness on 20:52 - May 3 by EssexBloo

And Dom Ball! Check out Henry Armstrong on Twitter. Sounds legit.

Henry Armstrong is the biggest fraud on twitter who has been called out multiple times for it as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark McGuinness on 22:42 - May 3 with 4334 viewsle2blue

Mark McGuinness on 20:34 - May 3 by SitfcB

He’s coming.

Would prefer Matt Clarke to come home. Left-footed, proper suffolk backline, with an adopted Geordie.
Mark McGuinness on 00:12 - May 4 with 4085 viewsHullblue

Good player but we need a left footer. Unless Edmundson isn’t going to be fit for next season.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Mark McGuinness on 02:32 - May 4 with 3952 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not one to doubt Sitters. Thought we would aim higher, but maybe that is just my lack of knowledge about his progress.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Mark McGuinness on 07:35 - May 4 with 3608 viewsportmanking

Mark McGuinness on 02:32 - May 4 by Kropotkin123

I'm not one to doubt Sitters. Thought we would aim higher, but maybe that is just my lack of knowledge about his progress.

A regular at Cardiff now. Wednesday fell to pieces at the back when his loan was ended in Jan. I think he's definitely got a high ceiling. As a right-footer, he'd be decent back-up to Woolfie at the very least, allowing Baggott another full season in League 1 (preferably at a top half team). I doubt McGuinness would break the bank either.
Mark McGuinness on 07:44 - May 4 with 3562 viewsHerbivore

Surely at this stage of his career he's not going to want to come here to sit on the bench? I don't see him as an upgrade on Woolf or Burgess as they are currently performing. From memory he really wasn't great on the ball in his time here so he'd need some work in that department. He was poor on loan here too but he was 18 and thrown into a dysfunctional set up so not really his fault.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mark McGuinness on 07:53 - May 4 with 3503 viewsKieran_Knows

Mark McGuinness on 07:44 - May 4 by Herbivore

Surely at this stage of his career he's not going to want to come here to sit on the bench? I don't see him as an upgrade on Woolf or Burgess as they are currently performing. From memory he really wasn't great on the ball in his time here so he'd need some work in that department. He was poor on loan here too but he was 18 and thrown into a dysfunctional set up so not really his fault.

His second touch whilst he was here was always a tackle. Says everything you need to know (albeit I’ve not watched him in the 3-4 years since he’s been here).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark McGuinness on 07:54 - May 4 with 3483 viewsclive_baker

Would certainly take him. I liked the look of him when he was on loan, big, strong, very good in the air. Positionally he was good, just a shame he was dropped into such a dire set up. Thought he was unfairly criticised on here at the time. Still young as well, the sort of profile that would be very interesting to us I imagine.

Was fantastic for SW in the first half of this season, then back to Cardiff and into their side so has some Championship experience.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mark McGuinness on 08:04 - May 4 with 3427 viewsHerbivore

Mark McGuinness on 07:54 - May 4 by clive_baker

Would certainly take him. I liked the look of him when he was on loan, big, strong, very good in the air. Positionally he was good, just a shame he was dropped into such a dire set up. Thought he was unfairly criticised on here at the time. Still young as well, the sort of profile that would be very interesting to us I imagine.

Was fantastic for SW in the first half of this season, then back to Cardiff and into their side so has some Championship experience.

I think the criticism of him needed to be tempered by the fact he was very young and in a dysfunctional set up, but that said he did make a lot of basic errors that led directly to us conceding. Pennington was very similar when he was here, did some things well that some fans liked but then would drop a b0llock and pass the ball straight to the opposition centre forward or needlessly stick out a leg to put it in his own goal. McGuiness has clearly shown since that he's got a bit about him with his performances at Wednesday and Cardiff but not sure if he's a McKenna player.

Mark McGuinness on 08:08 - May 4 with 3376 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

One player I'd like us to get in is Callum Doyle. Left footed CB at Coventry on loan from Man City.

In the England U20's set up I believe and someone I wouldn't rule out that we might have eyes on although he could be in line for a prem loan next season given how well he's done for Coventry.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Mark McGuinness on 08:10 - May 4 with 3332 viewsHerbivore

Mark McGuinness on 08:08 - May 4 by IPSWICHFANITFC

One player I'd like us to get in is Callum Doyle. Left footed CB at Coventry on loan from Man City.

In the England U20's set up I believe and someone I wouldn't rule out that we might have eyes on although he could be in line for a prem loan next season given how well he's done for Coventry.

Doesn't strike me as a very McKenna move to go for a very young CB on loana as a potential first choice. I think he'll want someone permanent and with a bit more experience. I expect we'll bring in two or three quality loans but they will be higher up the pitch I imagine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024