Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW 20:15 - Apr 28 with 1928 viewsHam_and_Eggs

I don't want to be the fun police but if we get a points deduction and don't go up automatically because of it we will never forgive ourselves. Not to mention that it's also unsafe and people could get hurt.

KEEP OFF THE GRASS!
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:17 - Apr 28 with 1906 viewsSouperJim

Never in the history of English football has a pitch invasion resulted in a points deduction. Get a grip.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:18 - Apr 28 with 1882 viewsHam_and_Eggs

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:17 - Apr 28 by SouperJim

Never in the history of English football has a pitch invasion resulted in a points deduction. Get a grip.

We were told not to. It's not safe and could ruin the day for people who get injured
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:19 - Apr 28 with 1864 viewsGuthrum

Points deduction? Most there's likely to be is having to play games behind closed doors - and even that's improbable unless there's fighting or something equally bad.

Edit: Not advocating a pitch invasion (and won't be there myself tomorrow), but that suggestion is way OTT.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 20:22]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:23 - Apr 28 with 1811 viewsJ2BLUE

I doubt there would be any punishment apart from maybe a small token fine.

The club do seem to be discouraging it though by announcing the pitchside awards etc. No real need to go against their wishes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:24 - Apr 28 with 1807 viewsSouperJim

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:18 - Apr 28 by Ham_and_Eggs

We were told not to. It's not safe and could ruin the day for people who get injured

I like the avatar. Don't worry about us invaders, I'll wear an extra pair of socks incase the grass is particularly sharp.

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:32 - Apr 28 with 1746 viewsHam_and_Eggs

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:24 - Apr 28 by SouperJim

I like the avatar. Don't worry about us invaders, I'll wear an extra pair of socks incase the grass is particularly sharp.

Just be careful of old people and children if you do rush on the pitch. Be mindful of people who could get really hurt.

Ideally, I'd still like you to keep off the grass...
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:41 - Apr 28 with 1680 viewsRyorry

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:32 - Apr 28 by Ham_and_Eggs

Just be careful of old people and children if you do rush on the pitch. Be mindful of people who could get really hurt.

Never mind us oldies & the kids, it's even a small chance of the players getting accidentally knocked over/injured I'm worried about!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:42 - Apr 28 with 1673 viewsVegtablue

Blueas is that you? 😅
Login to get fewer ads

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:49 - Apr 28 with 1600 viewsSouperJim

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:32 - Apr 28 by Ham_and_Eggs

If I cross paths with any geriatric/infant pitch invaders, I'll be sure to redirect my haymakers toward the nearest Exeter player

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 21:09 - Apr 28 with 1511 viewswellhungphil

What if everyone ran onto the pitch pushing along a "Spear & Jackson 40cm Hand Push Cylinder Lawnmower" (currently on special offer in Argos)?

It could be seen as contributing to ground maintenance in an environmentally friendly manner, and would save the club a few quid in grass-mowing fees in the early weeks of the summer.

Would that help placate the situation for you at all?
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 21:29 - Apr 28 with 1399 viewsTangledupin_Blue

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:24 - Apr 28 by SouperJim

Can we deduce from this post that you intend to go onto the pitch? (Presumably assuming that promotion is confirmed.) Won't this deny the players a hard-earned victory lap?

Why would you do that? Especially given that the club has offered us several reminders that it would be illegal on safety grounds and that it may cause them to face sanctions.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 00:32 - Apr 29 with 1137 viewsSouperJim

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 21:29 - Apr 28 by Tangledupin_Blue

Can we deduce from this post that you intend to go onto the pitch? (Presumably assuming that promotion is confirmed.) Won't this deny the players a hard-earned victory lap?

Why would you do that? Especially given that the club has offered us several reminders that it would be illegal on safety grounds and that it may cause them to face sanctions.

As I've posted in other threads, celebrating on the pitch and a lap of honour are not mutually exclusive.

Also, the club are simply toeing the party line from the EFL who, quite rightly, don't want fans invading the pitch *during the game*. Nobody will really give a flying fook if our fans follow the long tradition of taking to the pitch to celebrate after the game, particularly as it will be entirely good-natured. There is a massive difference between an aggressive pitch invasion while the game is still in progress and fans who have waited 23 years for a promotion celebrating that achievement on the pitch once the game is over. Why so many want to dress the latter up like the former is beyond me, bunch of bloody joy police.

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 02:25 - Apr 29 with 1023 viewsIllinoisblue

PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THE PITCH TOMORROW on 20:42 - Apr 28 by Vegtablue

Blueas is that you? 😅

Blueas riding in on Fergal’s bike

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024