Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ 22:22 - Apr 25 with 3506 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What a night.

Bursting with pride.

All the years in my lifetime not seeing us promoted or even have a proper cup run. Nothing to cheer about. Worth every single train journey home wondering why the f**k I bothered for nights like tonight.

Felt somewhat emotional at full time. Probably the best ever as a town fan. If that’s soppy.. I still don’t care. Uppa Towen!

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:24 - Apr 25 with 3424 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Good on ya lad, this is why we do it! Love this club, this leadership, this ownership, and this group of players!
See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:24 - Apr 25 with 3421 viewsFunge

Very very big up, Rommers.

Tonight is for all of us, but, my god, the younger Towun have had absolutely fck all to ever cheer about.

Enjoy your night, pal.
See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:25 - Apr 25 with 3380 viewsIllinoisblue

Love this. Drink it in rommers. You and the young ones deserve it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:27 - Apr 25 with 3309 viewsclive_baker

Arguably it's in no small part down to the continued loyalty and support of Town fans through those years of absolute dross that made the club an exciting acquisition for the new owners.

Bringing on back the good times innit. COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 3227 viewsdavblue

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:25 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

All of those who followed us home and away during the rubbish years but specifically over the last 4 years when they’ve had to put up with a lot of dross, deserve some days like today and hopefully Saturday.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 22:45]
See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 23:04 - Apr 25 with 2937 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 22:25 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

I think we all do. Young and old. We’ve had a lot of sh*t in recent years. Tonight’s one of the good nights that makes everything worthwhile.

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 00:22 - Apr 28 with 2540 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little update.. while I was writing this I made the error of getting the wrong train from Barnsley to Sheffield to then go to my friends place in Manchester.

As we were all celebrating the win after the game, I missed the first train which was via Sheffield. I proceeded to go to Sheffield for the train an hour later. Which was actually via Huddersfield and not Sheffield. I was f**led as that was the final train. So I waited for the bus replacement scheduled for an hour after that. This was then delayed. And then cancelled. Nobody around to talk to about it as the bus station was then closed. In the end me and a Manchester based uni student were sent a minibus at 1:30am in Sheffield by the railway company for their previously cancelled. I didn’t make it to Manchester until gone 3am.

But in those nearly three hours wandering around Sheffield passing the time, I had a fair few Wednesday fans noticing my Ipswich coat. And frankly I’ve never felt prouder to have been wearing it. The travelling, the train costs, the bus replacements, the standing in the cold all that time at Sheffield bus station, the time off work.. all worth it. Tuesday will live long in my memory as one of my favourite days ever to have been an Ipswich fan.

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:54 - Apr 28 with 2474 viewsLord_Lucan

I concur.

As a lucky old bastard I’ve been at FA Cup and Eufa Cup finals and watched us challenge repeatedly for the title.

I can’t imagine how crap the youngsters must feel.

Fair play to Rommy and Co - time goes fast - I feel that I’ve seen Sitters and Rommy grow up in front of me via TW4TD - it seems like yesterday when Sitters was a kid and now he’s a blooming father, god help us. Rommy has gone from classic mummy’s boy into a professional gambling guru - I’m trying to remember the classic story when he was trying to rescue some animal in his garden, what was it, a squirrel???

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:59 - Apr 28 with 2470 viewsLord_Lucan

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 00:22 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Little update.. while I was writing this I made the error of getting the wrong train from Barnsley to Sheffield to then go to my friends place in Manchester.

As we were all celebrating the win after the game, I missed the first train which was via Sheffield. I proceeded to go to Sheffield for the train an hour later. Which was actually via Huddersfield and not Sheffield. I was f**led as that was the final train. So I waited for the bus replacement scheduled for an hour after that. This was then delayed. And then cancelled. Nobody around to talk to about it as the bus station was then closed. In the end me and a Manchester based uni student were sent a minibus at 1:30am in Sheffield by the railway company for their previously cancelled. I didn’t make it to Manchester until gone 3am.

But in those nearly three hours wandering around Sheffield passing the time, I had a fair few Wednesday fans noticing my Ipswich coat. And frankly I’ve never felt prouder to have been wearing it. The travelling, the train costs, the bus replacements, the standing in the cold all that time at Sheffield bus station, the time off work.. all worth it. Tuesday will live long in my memory as one of my favourite days ever to have been an Ipswich fan.

Fair play, football is all about getting stranded. 😂

I think my worst one was when I was about 15 and we just drew with Forest in FA Cup quarter final, got on the wrong train and ended up in Leicester without a pot to piss in.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 20:00 - Apr 28 with 2084 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:54 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

I concur.

As a lucky old bastard I’ve been at FA Cup and Eufa Cup finals and watched us challenge repeatedly for the title.

I can’t imagine how crap the youngsters must feel.

Fair play to Rommy and Co - time goes fast - I feel that I’ve seen Sitters and Rommy grow up in front of me via TW4TD - it seems like yesterday when Sitters was a kid and now he’s a blooming father, god help us. Rommy has gone from classic mummy’s boy into a professional gambling guru - I’m trying to remember the classic story when he was trying to rescue some animal in his garden, what was it, a squirrel???

‘Classic mummy’s boy into a professional gambling guru ’ might be about to be added to my tinder profile

Also.. it was a pigeon

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:02 - Apr 29 with 1809 viewsLord_Lucan

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 20:00 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

‘Classic mummy’s boy into a professional gambling guru ’ might be about to be added to my tinder profile

Also.. it was a pigeon

You’ve spelt Grinder wrong.

As for the pigeon, didn’t you try and feed it a donut or something stupid?

Your pigeon and Sitters shoes are genuinely what TW4TD is all about.

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:39 - Apr 29 with 1768 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:02 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

Classic.

I’m sure the thread is somewhere out there on the internet but in all honesty I can’t remember. I don’t know why I was so obsessed with saving it but for whatever reason I couldn’t just leave it out there to die. The naivety of youth perhaps but it’s sh*t seeing an animal in pain innit.

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 06:00 - Apr 29 with 1672 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:39 - Apr 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Classic.

I’m sure the thread is somewhere out there on the internet but in all honesty I can’t remember. I don’t know why I was so obsessed with saving it but for whatever reason I couldn’t just leave it out there to die. The naivety of youth perhaps but it’s sh*t seeing an animal in pain innit.

not if it's a canary.

Poll: would you rather

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 06:06 - Apr 29 with 1666 viewstractordownsouth

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 00:22 - Apr 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Brilliant stuff. My Uncle (a Sheff Utd fan) was at the game with me and sent the videos of the FT celebrations to his Sheff Wednesday supporting mate. Apparently it didn’t go down too well!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 07:52 - Apr 29 with 1531 viewscarlisleaway

Has to be up there as one of the great away games…..thinking of Boilton away playoffs, Southend, Oxford, Milan, Liverpool in the FA Cup replay, Blackburn away cup replay, not many fans but Real Madrid away. Even the EUFA cup final. Great for the younger fans who have not seen success yet !!
What are your best away day moments.
Great stuff Rommers on 08:35 - Apr 29 with 1432 viewsDyland

As Lucers says, no footy fan has got home easily from every game. Proper fan boi.

All friendly stuff from the Wendies?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 10:40 - Apr 29 with 1251 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 01:02 - Apr 29 by Lord_Lucan

I like to think that somewhere, in a parallel universe, or bird heaven, that pigeon is proudly wearing Sitters' trainers, chuckling.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Great stuff Rommers on 11:21 - Apr 29 with 1196 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Great stuff Rommers on 08:35 - Apr 29 by Dyland

As Lucers says, no footy fan has got home easily from every game. Proper fan boi.

All friendly stuff from the Wendies?

Yeah all were friendly enough. Couple of Sheffield United fans seemed particularly happy with us as well.

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 12:48 - Apr 29 with 1048 viewsArnoldMoorhen

See.. I always said Barnsley away was ‘absolute scenes’ on 10:40 - Apr 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

I like to think that somewhere, in a parallel universe, or bird heaven, that pigeon is proudly wearing Sitters' trainers, chuckling.

And a suit from a suit shop? ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024