Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The table looks closer than it is in reality 07:53 - Apr 16 with 1755 viewstractorboy1978

Mathematically, the absolute most we are going to need now is 3 wins and 2 draws. The most Sheff Wed/Barnsley can reach is 96 points, assuming they win all their remaining games, which I really doubt they will. In all likelihood, I'd say 94 points is going to easily be enough.
The table looks closer than it is in reality on 07:59 - Apr 16 with 1668 viewsDubtractor

My view before the weekend was that a win yesterday and Tuesday would make me very confident of top 2 - would put us in a position where 2 wins from the last 4 would just about be enough to see us up. Wednesday losing yesterday makes me even more confident of that.

We've put ourselves back into a position where we can afford a slip up - and we don't have too many of those. Just need to keep focussed- McKenna's 'next game is all that matters' mantra may feel like a cliche, but it is spot on.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:32 - Apr 16 with 1413 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Erm. Hate to be the fun police but there’s absolutely no way you can say we “mathematically” only need 94 points, when the two teams below us can achieve 96 points…
The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 1392 viewsclive_baker

It looks close because it is close, but I know what you mean.

96 points guarantees* us top 2.
Neither Barnsley or SW can finish on 95 points
94 points would give us a very, very good chance, 1 of Barnsley or SW would need to win all their games for it not to be enough, which I can’t see happening. Not least because I think we can get a result at Oakwell and SW really aren’t all that.

We just need to make sure we beat PV and we’re sat on 88 points with 4 games left to play. Then 2 wins from those 4 will highly likely be enough. 3 wins guarantees* it. Might be less by then of course, Barnsley & Wendies have tough games Tuesday.

*technically not guaranteed as GD could swing out of our favour, but I make that nigh on impossible.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 8:50]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:39 - Apr 16 with 1301 viewsMatt_Netherlands

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:33 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

It looks close because it is close, but I know what you mean.

96 points guarantees* us top 2.
Neither Barnsley or SW can finish on 95 points
94 points would give us a very, very good chance, 1 of Barnsley or SW would need to win all their games for it not to be enough, which I can’t see happening. Not least because I think we can get a result at Oakwell and SW really aren’t all that.

We just need to make sure we beat PV and we’re sat on 88 points with 4 games left to play. Then 2 wins from those 4 will highly likely be enough. 3 wins guarantees* it. Might be less by then of course, Barnsley & Wendies have tough games Tuesday.

*technically not guaranteed as GD could swing out of our favour, but I make that nigh on impossible.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 8:50]

Would really really really like to go into the Barnsley game with a bigger than 3 point gap between us and both Wednesday/Barnsley. That’s going to be a very tough evening, so I’d like to see it as more of a free hit than anything else we really need a result from. IFollow record will be smashed to pieces that might. Thought Sky may have stuck it on but Bruce got Blackburn v Burnley on.
The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:45 - Apr 16 with 1237 viewstractorboy1978

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:32 - Apr 16 by Matt_Netherlands

Erm. Hate to be the fun police but there’s absolutely no way you can say we “mathematically” only need 94 points, when the two teams below us can achieve 96 points…

I didn't say that. I said we mathematically need 3 wins, 2 draws which is 96 points but in reality 94 points is very likely going to be enough.
The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:46 - Apr 16 with 1221 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah Wednesday and Barnsley could win all of their remaking games and we can still afford to drop 4 points. We’d have to drop 5 points to miss out.

Barnsley are capable of that run but not Wednesday. And it’s in our hands to stop Barnsley..

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 09:11 - Apr 16 with 972 viewsm14_blue

We also shouldn't forget that we still have 3 very tricky looking away games to negotiate, including at 2 of the current top 6.

No reason to think we won't do it but it's far from guaranteed.
The table looks closer than it is in reality on 09:13 - Apr 16 with 952 viewsArnieM

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 08:32 - Apr 16 by Matt_Netherlands

Surely if the two teams below us drop just one more game each ( and we continue our winning streak), surely that will be very difficult for them to come back from , and we have to play one of them anyway (in front of 5k of our own fans).. Trust me, I’m never the most confident of Town fans ( I rarely dare to believe because we have had 20yrs of misery), but even I’m starting to feel it might just finally happen.

I’m praying hard and want us to wins Tues and Sat now.

COYBS

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

The table looks closer than it is in reality on 09:17 - Apr 16 with 912 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

96 for top two, and probably 100 for the trophy.

Squeaky...

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024