Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ban private jets? 17:33 - Apr 3 with 1295 viewspositivity

https://action.greenpeace.org.uk/ban-private-jets?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

[Redacted] on 17:40 - Apr 3 with 1262 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
ban private jets? on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 1228 viewsTractorWood

It remains inconceivable to me that you can still fly most places in Europe cheaper than you can get a day return to London on the train.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

ban private jets? on 18:14 - Apr 3 with 1213 viewsMullet

ban private jets? on 18:11 - Apr 3 by TractorWood

It remains inconceivable to me that you can still fly most places in Europe cheaper than you can get a day return to London on the train.

We probably have the worst rail service in the developed world by some distance. Every time I use it I'm baffled as to how it is so expensive, outdated etc in much of the country.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ban private jets? on 18:16 - Apr 3 with 1201 viewschicoazul

ban private jets? on 18:14 - Apr 3 by Mullet

We probably have the worst rail service in the developed world by some distance. Every time I use it I'm baffled as to how it is so expensive, outdated etc in much of the country.

Nothing throws the decline of the UK into more sharp relief than using trains and public transport in Europe.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

ban private jets? on 18:18 - Apr 3 with 1180 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

Airlines do not pay tax on their fuel or VAT on their tickets - so it should not be any surprise.
ban private jets? on 18:22 - Apr 3 with 1164 viewsTractorWood

ban private jets? on 18:18 - Apr 3 by HARRY10

eh ?

Airlines do not pay tax on their fuel or VAT on their tickets - so it should not be any surprise.

You've explained the reason why, which I know but no explanation as to why it is in remotely sensible given the emissions.

ban private jets? on 18:23 - Apr 3 with 1137 viewsTractorWood

ban private jets? on 18:16 - Apr 3 by chicoazul

Nothing throws the decline of the UK into more sharp relief than using trains and public transport in Europe.

The MRT in Singapore is ridiculously amazing.

ban private jets? on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 1099 viewsCoastalblue

[Redacted] on 17:40 - Apr 3 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

All flights should be far more expensive, and I say that as somebody who takes advantage of them. I know there will be an argument that it's unfairly weighted to the rich then, but I'm not sure there's an alternative.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

ban private jets? on 18:34 - Apr 3 with 1074 viewsHARRY10

ban private jets? on 18:22 - Apr 3 by TractorWood

You've explained the reason why, which I know but no explanation as to why it is in remotely sensible given the emissions.

Try google
ban private jets? on 19:25 - Apr 3 with 932 viewsmeekreech

ban private jets? on 18:14 - Apr 3 by Mullet

Expensive to subsidise the rail systems in the different countries that own ours , outdated working practices and being in the control of the unions .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

ban private jets? on 19:32 - Apr 3 with 914 viewsHARRY10

ban private jets? on 19:25 - Apr 3 by meekreech

Expensive to subsidise the rail systems in the different countries that own ours , outdated working practices and being in the control of the unions .

So why not remove those naughty unions from the board, take back their shares ?
ban private jets? on 19:46 - Apr 3 with 899 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ok, I’ll not use any of mine this week just to keep you happy. (It’s ridiculous extravagant and makes a mockery of those people who are doing their bit to reduce their environment footprint, so yeah I’m all for clamping down on them).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

ban private jets? on 19:46 - Apr 3 with 896 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/12/23/train-strikes-these-are-the-countries

I'd guess a comparison of directors' and managers' salaries would look similar in fairness.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ban private jets? on 19:55 - Apr 3 with 859 viewsMullet

Our rail network is in the control of the unions?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ban private jets? on 22:15 - Apr 3 with 748 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/31/sunak-private-jet-trips-cabinet

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

ban private jets? on 22:22 - Apr 3 with 742 viewsEdwardStone

Cheap flight to Poprad, foot of the Tatra mountains in Slovakia was £45

Parking at Stanstead for 6 days was £110

Insanity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024