Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! 19:06 - Mar 31 with 1487 viewsTractorgirlforever

Im struggling to cope with the pressure now!.. im enjoying watching us play great football for the first time in ages but i dont know how im going to make it to the end of the season. I just cant wait for the next game to come around, im so nervous about going to the game tomorrow, excited also but i think if given the choice of waking up tomorrow and it being 8th may , or 7th may in the evening i would be quite tempted!. I dont want to miss any of it but its really getting to me!. Does anybody else feel like this.
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 19:26 - Mar 31 with 1417 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think I may have been more nervous watching the Wednesday and Barnsley games this last few days than watching us when a goal ahead....which is saying something.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 19:29 - Mar 31 with 1408 viewsBigCommon

Yep, think a lot of people are.....
Strange feeling as a Town fan, atm. Just enjoy the moment. What will be , will be.
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 19:50 - Mar 31 with 1378 viewsRyorry

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 19:29 - Mar 31 by BigCommon

Yep, think a lot of people are.....
Strange feeling as a Town fan, atm. Just enjoy the moment. What will be , will be.

When you think that the last time we were in this situation, the internet was still in its early life (and to me, a pretty novel thing) …

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 19:53 - Mar 31 with 1371 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I think the extended break has made it feel like time is really dragging between fixtures. The bad news is that this will only get worse the closer we get to the end. Each tick of the clock seeming to take longer than the last.

I feel really positive though. Had my first genuine wobble after the 0-0 at Bristol, but now it feels like our squad is really in sync. Tomorrow is massive, but then so is the next one and the next one etc. Just about holding our nerve at this point! COYB

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 20:04 - Mar 31 with 1357 viewsBleuBlue

To me this is the most exciting time to be a Town fan since Probably the early 2000s. Even though it’s going to be stressful at times, I can’t wait for the rollercoaster ride from now until the end of the season.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2023 20:06]
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 20:32 - Mar 31 with 1272 viewsnorth_stand77

As I've got older, I get far more stressed about our results and other games that affect us than I ever used to.

It's actually easier being at the game than listening to the away games on the radio or watching it on ifollow. I've started resorting to going for a walk for the last 10 minutes of the game and not listening rather than putting my heart function at risk! In any case, I want to still be around when we are eventually promoted!

I'm sure I didn't feel like that when I was younger -and i was going to all the league and Cup games home and away in the 70's!
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 1243 viewsRyorry

The next six weeks ... by Ryorry 26 Mar 2023 15:44
Fleetwood away on the final day already has me concerned - potential banana skin. And Derby away on All Fools Day 👀.

Think I might need to do a late protective hibernation for the next 6-8 weeks & wake up when it's all over, getting too ancient to withstand so much nerve-fraying on so many occasions!

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 21:00 - Mar 31 with 1217 viewsStewart27

Yep.

Pathetic crumbling nervous wreck.

But only now. I was fine prior to the international break.

Bring back the misery days!
Login to get fewer ads

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 21:00 - Mar 31 with 1216 viewsringwoodblue

I’m sorry you feel like that. We are all on an exciting journey which personally I want to relish every single second of. I don’t want another season like the last three seasons where we’ve had nothing to play for at the end. If it works out and we get promoted then great but if we don’t, well, we’ve given it a damn good go.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 21:37 - Mar 31 with 1158 viewsBigCommon

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 19:50 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

When you think that the last time we were in this situation, the internet was still in its early life (and to me, a pretty novel thing) …

Think for a lot of Town fans, they've had their balloon burst quite a bit over the years. So it's difficult to let go and enjoy what's going on, until we are over the line.
There's 9 points up for grabs in next 10 days. Yikes.
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 22:12 - Mar 31 with 1095 viewsElderGrizzly

I fly to Riyadh on the 6th, so will be 2 hours ahead of here so can let you know the score
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 22:25 - Mar 31 with 1073 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's been so bad for so long hasn't it, we've had utter fammine for 15 odd years.

I can't stand it, I'd take skipping straight to the end.

So close to having something to shout about, playing the best football in years and so typical in a season when 3 other teams are playing so well, we never do it easy do we.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 22:53 - Mar 31 with 1004 viewsRyorry

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 21:37 - Mar 31 by BigCommon

Think for a lot of Town fans, they've had their balloon burst quite a bit over the years. So it's difficult to let go and enjoy what's going on, until we are over the line.
There's 9 points up for grabs in next 10 days. Yikes.

Exactly. Just want to actually be there, and spared any pain meanwhile!

Not sure if you were around in 2000, but the semis v. Boltoff were a huge communal event on here, dial-up was still a thing for me, some people were there & able to feed back latest scores & happenings to those who weren't. but it was all very bitty, intermittent & snail-paced compared with now.

Second leg esp., posts were full of screeching "latest, latest", "I don't believe it" etc - nobody not there actually knew exactly was happening till it was pretty much over & then the place exploded, I'm amazed the TWTD server survived!

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 04:13 - Apr 1 with 836 viewsArchiRob

Minimal internet in 2000 no foums really just optimism and enjoyed each game as it came knew we were the best team especially after buying Stewart
Similar feelings with the acquisition of Broadhead Mass Hirst and Clarke - can you imagine how good he will be when he gets his first goal We have great team with grate attitude and spirit just relax and enjoy it.
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 07:56 - Apr 1 with 721 viewsBleuBlue

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 04:13 - Apr 1 by ArchiRob

Minimal internet in 2000 no foums really just optimism and enjoyed each game as it came knew we were the best team especially after buying Stewart
Similar feelings with the acquisition of Broadhead Mass Hirst and Clarke - can you imagine how good he will be when he gets his first goal We have great team with grate attitude and spirit just relax and enjoy it.

No forums in 2000? Pretty sure TWTD was around by then wasn’t it?
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 08:18 - Apr 1 with 692 viewsle2blue

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 07:56 - Apr 1 by BleuBlue

Certainly was, remember the debates around the scramble for Wembley tickets and the same pent up stress about the run in that season.
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 08:30 - Apr 1 with 672 viewsArchiRob

Yes but internet not as good as now or comprehensive
Never really knew about the forum
Worked in Cambridge so most of my friends supported Man U ? would pick up my father in law from Orwell rd and just go to the game no preamble or vids like today
Was just how you think they are going to today John and maybe place a bet on score and scorer
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:14 - Apr 1 with 531 viewsBluespeed225

It was and where I worked had good, for the time, internet connection. It was a great couple of weeks from play off to final, and then the euphoria after. It was great being able to chat with others you’d not met and share the experience. Shame it’s become what it is now, but promotion would at least call a truce among posters for a week of so!
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:18 - Apr 1 with 526 viewsBleuBlue

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:14 - Apr 1 by Bluespeed225

It was and where I worked had good, for the time, internet connection. It was a great couple of weeks from play off to final, and then the euphoria after. It was great being able to chat with others you’d not met and share the experience. Shame it’s become what it is now, but promotion would at least call a truce among posters for a week of so!

Yeah it was a lot friendlier place back then from memory. I guess everyone was just younger and less opinionated, and we were doing well, which helped!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 14:19]
I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:19 - Apr 1 with 514 viewspointofblue

8th May? Make it 30th May just in case we have to go through the Play Offs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:20 - Apr 1 with 503 viewsKeno

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 20:32 - Mar 31 by north_stand77

As I've got older, I get far more stressed about our results and other games that affect us than I ever used to.

It's actually easier being at the game than listening to the away games on the radio or watching it on ifollow. I've started resorting to going for a walk for the last 10 minutes of the game and not listening rather than putting my heart function at risk! In any case, I want to still be around when we are eventually promoted!

I'm sure I didn't feel like that when I was younger -and i was going to all the league and Cup games home and away in the 70's!

THIS!!!

The dog will get a long walk starting about 3

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:35 - Apr 1 with 486 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You don't want to fear it, you want to enjoy the ride. It's not just about the destination, it's the journey. Gotta be in it to win it and I'd rather be in this position than where we were a couple of months ago (or completely out of it like someone like Pompey).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:40 - Apr 1 with 476 viewspointofblue

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:35 - Apr 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

You don't want to fear it, you want to enjoy the ride. It's not just about the destination, it's the journey. Gotta be in it to win it and I'd rather be in this position than where we were a couple of months ago (or completely out of it like someone like Pompey).

Considering the positions we've been in in recent years, I'm surprised that it's been overlooked (even by myself until this moment) how demoralising it is to be plodding through this part of this season with nothing positive to fight for.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:45 - Apr 1 with 454 viewsKeno

I think i just want to wake up on 8th may! on 14:35 - Apr 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Dolly, you have to take into account that as you get older the nerves arent quite as good as like what they would be for a youngest like you

Have some sympathy for us oldies, you'll be one one day

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024