Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stansted - Ipswich 22:33 - Mar 30 with 2066 viewstaf123

I’m coming over to Ipswich from Sweden with 9 other friends (they do not regulary support Ipswich) for the Charlton game. What’s your advice regarding transport from Stansted to Ipswich?

Coach or taxi?

Uppa Towen!
Stansted - Ipswich on 22:36 - Mar 30 with 2021 viewsDaninthecampo

Train
Stansted - Ipswich on 22:36 - Mar 30 with 2023 viewsBlueStreak

Get a coach, nice and easy.

I am flying to Copenhagen tomorrow and then heading to Malmo to watch their game Saturday if you have any suggestions for bars to visit pre or post game in Malmo?
Stansted - Ipswich on 22:41 - Mar 30 with 1985 viewsRoola

Ha, I live in Stansted and am going to that game... I'd offer you a lift but don't own a bus!

In terms of transport, it might be worth you looking at getting the X30 bus over to Chelmsford and then grabbing a train from there up to Ipswich.

There are also national express coaches from Stansted to Ipswich which would be cheaper and more direct but unsure of regularity.
Stansted - Ipswich on 22:42 - Mar 30 with 1983 viewsRozz

Stansted - Ipswich on 22:36 - Mar 30 by Daninthecampo

Train

It's rail replacement coaches from London on that weekend (if travelling Saturday or Sunday).

National express coach direct to Ipswich quicker and cheaper.
Stansted - Ipswich on 22:44 - Mar 30 with 1968 viewstaf123

Stansted - Ipswich on 22:36 - Mar 30 by BlueStreak

Get a coach, nice and easy.

I am flying to Copenhagen tomorrow and then heading to Malmo to watch their game Saturday if you have any suggestions for bars to visit pre or post game in Malmo?

Thanks.

Not so familiar with Malmö om gamedays, but surely the square Lilla Torg should be good, at least post game.
Stansted - Ipswich on 22:46 - Mar 30 with 1951 viewsBlueStreak

Stansted - Ipswich on 22:44 - Mar 30 by taf123

Thanks.

Not so familiar with Malmö om gamedays, but surely the square Lilla Torg should be good, at least post game.

Great, thanks
Stansted - Ipswich on 23:03 - Mar 30 with 1878 viewsLord_Lucan

Cheapest is bus and it's ok if the times align

Otherwise Hawk do a pre booked taxi for £70 I think - I missed my bus there the other week and a Uber cost me about £100

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stansted - Ipswich on 23:09 - Mar 30 with 1852 viewsclive_baker

Stansted - Ipswich on 23:03 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Cheapest is bus and it's ok if the times align

Otherwise Hawk do a pre booked taxi for £70 I think - I missed my bus there the other week and a Uber cost me about £100

Was going to say 3 private taxis will probably cost £25 a head I would think between 10 people.

National express probably isn’t a lot less than that, but I would be guessing as I’ve not used it in at least 10 years.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Stansted - Ipswich on 23:42 - Mar 30 with 1785 viewsLord_Lucan

Stansted - Ipswich on 23:09 - Mar 30 by clive_baker

Was going to say 3 private taxis will probably cost £25 a head I would think between 10 people.

National express probably isn’t a lot less than that, but I would be guessing as I’ve not used it in at least 10 years.

I hadn't noticed there was a group of them. Taxi best way to go then, Hawk can to a 7 seater plus a standard vehicle if it's cheaper...

Or maybe hire a minibus.

Google is your friend

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stansted - Ipswich on 00:00 - Mar 31 with 1762 viewsclive_baker

Stansted - Ipswich on 23:42 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

I hadn't noticed there was a group of them. Taxi best way to go then, Hawk can to a 7 seater plus a standard vehicle if it's cheaper...

Or maybe hire a minibus.

Google is your friend

Yeah here you go Taf http://www.hawkexpresscabs.co.uk/airport

£200 for MPV + standard taxi.

£20 a head is pretty good to be fair. Half a pint in Sweden innit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stansted - Ipswich on 02:39 - Mar 31 with 1584 viewsClareBlue

Do this all the time. As single person it is national express or train but completely depends on when you are arriving. But 9 of you would work fine for private hire pre booked. That's your best option by far. Train and national express is around 15 to 20 euro booked online in advance so you will be similar per person with private transfer
Stansted - Ipswich on 11:04 - Mar 31 with 1272 viewsFreddies_Ears

http://www.hawkexpresscabs.co.uk/airport

They offer a minibus, but it only seats 8. Minibus + car would work, and not much more expensive than the National Express coach. Much quicker, too. So, more beer time.
Stansted - Ipswich on 11:36 - Mar 31 with 1216 viewstivo

Stansted - Ipswich on 11:04 - Mar 31 by Freddies_Ears

http://www.hawkexpresscabs.co.uk/airport

They offer a minibus, but it only seats 8. Minibus + car would work, and not much more expensive than the National Express coach. Much quicker, too. So, more beer time.

Yeah anything over 2 people it's quicker and more efficient to get a private hire.
Stansted - Ipswich on 13:55 - Mar 31 with 1065 viewsblueasfook

National Express to colchester and then jump on the train from Colchester to Ipswich

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Stansted - Ipswich on 15:44 - Mar 31 with 929 viewsJ2BLUE

Nice one!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stansted - Ipswich on 15:51 - Mar 31 with 917 viewsWD19

As a local, I would recommend a flight to Gatwick and then drive from there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024