Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please 20:53 - Mar 19 with 2192 viewsDurovigutum

My son, 13, is really getting into his football. He really wants to see a German game so, as I took him to the Town pre-season game against Fortuna when MM was around, I thought a trip to Dusseldorf might be good. Looking at the fixture list the game on 16th April fits as the boy has a school inset day on Monday, making getting home easy. Before I go book flights and so on I'd like some advice if anyone can help please....

Is there any danger this is going to be moved from the Sunday afternoon kick off advertised?
Ticket availability for the next home game looks ok, so I assume this will be the same for Darmstadt ?
Where should I sit in the ground?
Any recommendations for somewhere to stay? Looks like plenty of decent hotels in or around?

Thanks in advance!
Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 20:58 - Mar 19 with 2137 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There are a couple of Town fans who have moved out that way in recent years who post on here. And several posters have made the trip. Hopefully one of them might see it.

If anyone reads this and it is about to fall off the front page of the board it would be good of you if you could bump it to increase the chances of it being seen by one of them.
Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 22:03 - Mar 19 with 1990 viewsnodge_blue

Hi

I went out there with my son last weekend. We stayed in the city centre which is really nice. Good hotel for under £100 a night.

I can’t tell you if the game will move but it’s a huge 50k stadium. Not being filled in the league they are in. So probably no hassle with getting tickets. We stood behind the goal. Which I liked for a change. But there’s plenty of seating.

You get free tram ride out and back with your ticket as well.

Very nice people.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 22:13 - Mar 19 with 1955 viewsPlums

Depending on how adventurous you feel, you could base yourself in Dusseldorf and do Cologne v Mainz on Saturday and Fortuna on Sunday.

We've done a couple of such weekends, travelling from the Holiday Inn Express within walking distance from Dusseldorf old town. As another poster says, your match ticket gets you free public transport.

Have a great time, German football and their fans are great.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 22:14 - Mar 19 with 1954 viewsLord_Lucan

I think we stayed in The Melia and that was fine.

The opposition team stayed in there as well.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 00:25 - Mar 20 with 1774 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 22:14 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

I think we stayed in The Melia and that was fine.

The opposition team stayed in there as well.

Melia is a lovely European hotel brand. A really comfortable 4 star, by UK standards. They often have offers on, so worth looking around on the Internet for details of any codes or promo dates.
Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 07:02 - Mar 20 with 1573 viewsEssen_blue

16th April at 1330 this looks like a fixed date and time now.
I always stand behind the goal, tickets in this area are a little harder to get.
If you sit upstairs or at the sides all have a good view and never any issues finding a ticket.

If you need any help with tickets DM me, I was a season ticket holder at F95 for 4 years.
Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 07:05 - Mar 20 with 1564 viewsLeaky

Try contacting Fortuna Blues they should be able to help you.
Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 08:27 - Mar 20 with 1429 viewsartsbossbeard

See if you get a couple of nights at the Melia hotel.

We stayed here both times we've gone to a Fortuna game & the opposition stayed here to, so plenty of pic ops for the lad. It's not stupidly expensive either.

There's a standing terrace bit, which is either best avoided or best enjoyed but the rest of the ground is all seater with decent views from higher up.

Buy a ticket at the club shop at the bottom of the Aldstadt the day before and also your match ticket entitles you to a free tram there & back although we cabbed it for ease.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 08:36 - Mar 20 with 1363 viewsTractorCam

Judging by the fixtures it looks like that week has been decided so you should be fine. The terrace behind the goal is great for atmosphere, that's where i've been before but can't compare to anywhere else.

I'd recommend staying near the konigsallee/ aldsatdt as that's where most things are, enjoy!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 08:52 - Mar 20 with 1306 viewsBobbychase

There's a Fortuna Blues group on Facebook, they post very regularly and are very helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/difomeetsuk/

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 11:20 - Mar 20 with 1107 viewsblueasfook

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 00:25 - Mar 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

Melia is a lovely European hotel brand. A really comfortable 4 star, by UK standards. They often have offers on, so worth looking around on the Internet for details of any codes or promo dates.

I stayed in a Melia in Barcelona recently. Lovely hotels. Our room was on the 29th floor - amazing views of the city

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 15:44 - Mar 21 with 755 viewsDurovigutum

Bit of Fortuna Dusseldorf help please on 22:13 - Mar 19 by Plums

Depending on how adventurous you feel, you could base yourself in Dusseldorf and do Cologne v Mainz on Saturday and Fortuna on Sunday.

We've done a couple of such weekends, travelling from the Holiday Inn Express within walking distance from Dusseldorf old town. As another poster says, your match ticket gets you free public transport.

Have a great time, German football and their fans are great.

Thank you everyone. This is a particularly brilliant suggestion as my flight goes into Köln, so we’ll get two games for the price of one trip!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024