Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For whats its worth Keno's two penneth 14:00 - Feb 17 with 1108 viewsKeno

As many fans we are rightly desperate to get of the league we limped into far to long ago but I do think we have to it in the right way that sets up in Championship rather than risk just being the next 'Yoyo' club

With that in mind we have

1, A young highly regarded manager who is 1 year into his career. Yes he has made mistakes and yes he will not always get things right but I'd rather persevere with McKenna than go back to a 'merry-go-round' manager Bruce, Lambert. Grayson etc etc etc
2, A 'newish' young team that is still creating its own identity and will be individually and collectively learning with every game
3, had a very unlucky run with CM's injuries which has restricted what we have may been able to do and means Morsy, in particular, looks tired and jaded at times
4, every successful team has a certain 'magic' ethereal something that makes it click (think Marcus Stewart in the Burley team or the uniqueness that was the Cobbolds) for whatever reason we dont quite have that....although it does feel very close at times

We remind me of Plymouth last season, Town the year before we went up to the Prem and so many other 'nearly there teams (Man U before Cantona)

No going up this season may not be end of anyones world, it may be give the manager and the team time needed to become very special

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 14:02 - Feb 17 with 1072 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tbh Keno

I'd rather them have spent their money on players who have the steel for league 1 promotion and the experience of doing so.

Build for the future once you're up there.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 14:03 - Feb 17 with 1065 viewsKeno

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 14:02 - Feb 17 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh Keno

I'd rather them have spent their money on players who have the steel for league 1 promotion and the experience of doing so.

Frimmers I wouldnt actually disagree with you there but I can see what they are trying to do

it just hasn't quite worked ...... yet!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 14:05 - Feb 17 with 1050 viewsAJblue

Keno

A fair , balanced and honest assessment in my opinion.
Cannot disagree with any of that

Crecy

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 811 viewsStewart27

Tbh Keno

So build for the future in the future?

Gotcha.
For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 22:12 - Feb 17 with 808 viewsStewart27

What I like about this and so many similar posts are the amount of up votes.

Seems like a lot of our fan base are intelligent football people.

The future may be bright.
For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 22:14 - Feb 17 with 801 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tbh Keno

How the hell do you build for the future after you’ve got there?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 22:47 - Feb 17 with 756 viewsTalkingBlues

Number 4 was Celina for us, he was a massive loss.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 22:51 - Feb 17 with 752 viewsmrfixit426

Tbh Keno

That's called short termism. I'd rather have an extra year at this level and be ready for the next one.
Login to get fewer ads

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 23:01 - Feb 17 with 741 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

But will we be able to beat Reading?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 23:07 - Feb 17 with 733 viewspositivity

good post.

on 3) i believe it was our youngest team of the season against wednesday; it showed when we folded to 0-2, good sign that they managed to pull it back, just issing that final step as you say

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 06:53 - Feb 18 with 633 viewshoppy

You’ve got TWO Pennys?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 08:19 - Feb 18 with 561 viewsElephantintheRoom

13? players so far this season to add to last years 21? That’s the punt gun approach to building that ‘newish team’.

If you want to add a point 5, thé make up of the top 8 is somewhat interesting. Early days, but if Town continue their current trajectory and ease themselves below Shrewsbury and Wycombe - and destitute Bolton and Derby then I’m guessing a few questions might be asked.

On the other hand - if they win the play offs it’s hero worship time again.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 09:07 - Feb 18 with 501 viewsBluesky

Measured, astute observations.
For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 09:26 - Feb 18 with 477 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good post, but can I correct one thing.

We ran head first into this league, we certainly didn't 'limp' anywhere.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

For whats its worth Keno's two penneth on 14:57 - Feb 18 with 384 viewsibbleobble

I agree with the first point, which is good enough. The rest, not so much.

Cook assembled an excellent team for him - it was a great foundation to walk in to. He’s built on that and had a good amount of time with them. If Cook got a third of a season with a new team and was ridiculed for wanting time, we can’t lay that at McKenna too no matter how much he’s supplemented it, the nucleus remains and they’re very established.

Run of injuries should be covered. We’ve left ourselves woefully short of our own making. That’s mismanagement.

That certain magic would have been Celina. We passed him up for Harness. A big mistake.

McKenna gets dispensation but talk of not going up and looking beyond that to next season already is dispensation he certainly shouldn’t get.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024